Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

heidar helguson

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Not just saying this because he scored tonight... But you cant but not give the guy credit,!
Ive seen enough people slate him on this forum and he keeps proving people wrong most weeks...

His work rate is amazing always running, chasing things down, going in for every header!
For 35 years age he is on 8 goals already this season and if carries on on this form hel finish on a about 15 for the season!

Seen a few people say hel get realesed in the summer as hes only on a year contract but i actully think malky will give him a year contract extension even if we do get to the premiership because it was only last season it he was qpr top scorer with 9 goals!

Hea not a big name player but hes someone most teams would love to have in there squad!

4 points from 2 games aswell il take that!! :ayatollah:

Re: heidar helguson

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm

all people have done is slat him, but the past few games he's scored people are starting to sing his praises, fickle lot cardiff fans

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 pm

He's not entertaining to watch but he does get goals and isn't that what hes paid do ;)
I slated him first of all but then eventually grew to like him... he has proven me wrong and so glad he did :D
I think he'll retire at the end of the season though but if he doesn't give him a new contract :D :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm

No doubt he will get help in January but so far I don't see how people can complain.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Doesn't deserve it.

I don't know what people expect of him.

Hes 35 and hes a striker who wins balls in the air not a Maynard time striker.

He got 8 goals, for his age and his type of play its fantastic.