Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3-4-1-2 tonight?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Does any one else think it might be a good idea to try this tonight with team?

Marshal

Connally
Hudson
Nugent

Noone
Gunnarson
Mutch
Kim

Whitts

Helgason
Mason/Bellamy

I know we never use 3 at the back but due to our injuries should we not give it ago and with mutch and gunnarson in defensive midfield roles I think this formation could work. What do you guys think? :ayatollah:

Re: 3-4-1-2 tonight?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Feeling Blue wrote:Does any one else think it might be a good idea to try this tonight with team?

Marshal

Connally
Hudson
Nugent

Noone
Gunnarson
Mutch
Kim

Whitts

Helgason
Mason/Bellamy

I know we never use 3 at the back but due to our injuries should we not give it ago and with mutch and gunnarson in defensive midfield roles I think this formation could work. What do you guys think? :ayatollah:

totally agree mate i think our attacking options with an extra man up front would be unbelievable love to see it i put the same thing just now on another thread

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 pm

What a ridiculous formation! :lol: :D To be honest we coud never go 3 at the back as our centre halfs arent quick enough and 3 at the back rarely works

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm

agree with the above, gotta play 4 at the back

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:What a ridiculous formation! :lol: :D To be honest we coud never go 3 at the back as our centre halfs arent quick enough and 3 at the back rarely works

barcelona ?? real madrid ?? man city ?? bayern munich ?? theyve all played 352 this year worked for them ! really it is 5 at the back because youve got 2 defensive mids sitting in front of a back 3 protecting them and breaking up play allowing 5 attacking players to run wild . it does and can work if used properly

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 pm

lol didnt really work for man city

also you are talking about teams that are miles better than everyone else, we are not

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:What a ridiculous formation! :lol: :D To be honest we coud never go 3 at the back as our centre halfs arent quick enough and 3 at the back rarely works

barcelona ?? real madrid ?? man city ?? bayern munich ?? theyve all played 352 this year worked for them ! really it is 5 at the back because youve got 2 defensive mids sitting in front of a back 3 protecting them and breaking up play allowing 5 attacking players to run wild . it does and can work if used properly

Didnt work for Man City and Barcelona have struggled when playing it aswell. To use 3 at the back you need pacy centre hafs and be able to keep hold of pocession which we dont.

As someone said those teams are much much better than us

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Didnt work for Man City and Barcelona have struggled when playing it aswell. To use 3 at the back you need pacy centre hafs and be able to keep hold of pocession which we dont.

true but those teams are also playing top teams not derby , i do see what u mean though . Would be intresting to see our full attacking force on the pitch at the same time gunnarsson at left back for me tonight

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 pm

thomasblue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

true but those teams are also playing top teams not derby , i do see what u mean though . Would be intresting to see our full attacking force on the pitch at the same time gunnarsson at left back for me tonight

Yeah definety though I would love to see Declan John get a game

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 pm

you can't just suddenly swap to 3 at the back it's needs so much work. Man city played 3 at the back in loads of friendlies and trained like it but it still didn't work when they tried it in europe

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Has to be 4 at the back

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Nice attacking look to it. But defensively how much support/tracking back will Noone and Kim do?
Could leave Marshall very exposed. Not good on a cold windy night either. :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Come on guys we all know we are useless defending away so we might as well go all out attack :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Feeling Blue wrote:Come on guys we all know we are useless defending away so we might as well go all out attack :ayatollah:

I wouldnt class it as attacking, Noone and Kim would easily get dragged right back, it would basically end up being 5 at the back IMO.

Very few british teams use 3 at the back to good effect. Wigan would be one but so many clubs seem to go backwards using 3 at the back, Man City the obvious ones who keep trying it and failing. Liverpool tried it the other week against Chelsea and did nothing until they reverted back to 4 at the back. Tosh also liked to use it for Wales, never worked IMO

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Can't see it really, we have been conceding far too many away as it is. It's almost like saying you get 5 and we'll try and get 6.