Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: players who never quite made it here

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:42 pm

was alan lee any good ?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

samdm94 wrote:was alan lee any good ?

I liked Alan Lee. If he'd managed to stay fit he would've banged them in for us, unfortunately though he never seemed to stay in the side for long enough.

I loved our Strikers back then, Lee, Thorne, Campbell (Campbell was actually shit but that goal made up for that), Jerome and Thompson too, for then we had some decent attackers.

What ever happened to Thompson anyway? Was suppose to be a bit of a mad head wernt he?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 pm

samdm94 wrote:any one remember ?

jason byrne ?
iwan redan ?

:lol: yeah! Byrne scored at Molineaux and we didnt see him after that! :lol:

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Mikef wrote:

I liked Alan Lee. If he'd managed to stay fit he would've banged them in for us, unfortunately though he never seemed to stay in the side for long enough.

I loved our Strikers back then, Lee, Thorne, Campbell (Campbell was actually shit but that goal made up for that), Jerome and Thompson too, for then we had some decent attackers.

What ever happened to Thompson anyway? Was suppose to be a bit of a mad head wernt he?

Jerome was quality and had a big move at the time to Birmingham, we were skint.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 pm

samdm94 wrote:Kerrea gilbert :lol:

Good Player

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

N'dumbu N'Sungu I can remember came with a lot of hope! and Paul Mcveigh! ha

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 pm

andy campbell

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:30 am

Dai thomas.but what a sight to see a terrace boy live his dream even if only for a few games.god bless you dai.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 am

Mikef wrote:

Went to Burnley after us and helped get them promoted.

Sat next to him at the player of the year awards (also loovens on the table), both were brilliant and the banter was top draw.
I even had thomo in a headlock at one stage :lol:

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Mikef wrote:

Went to Burnley after us and helped get them promoted.

Sat next to him at the player of the year awards (also loovens on the table), both were brilliant and the banter was top draw.
I even had thomo in a headlock at one stage :lol:

I liked Alan Lee. He terrorised us when he against us for Rotherham in our first game in the Championship so was happy when we signed him. Could never stay fit though. I remember that cross he scored at NP. One of the luckiest goals I have ever seen.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am

Alan Lee was an odd one, liked a drink or so I heard.
Oddly most of his gd work for us was I'm the wide areas.