Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WATCHING SOUTHAMPTON THIS WEEKEND MADE ME REALISE JUST HOW

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 pm

WATCHING SOUTHAMPTON THIS WEEKEND MADE ME REALISE HOW MUCH WE WOULD NEED TO STRENGTHEN OUR SQUAD TO SURVIVE THE PREMIER LEAGUE,

We have one premier league striker in nicky maynard and he;s going to be 26/27 by the time he plays again no one know if he's going to regain his full potential,
bellamy will be 34 and surely only have one if not 2 seasons left,
Mason is a mystery, helguson will have to be released along with earnshaw and gustede,
Hudson will be ageing the wrong side of 30, neither full backs will be upto it

We have a few good solid proffesionals in the side, and a couple of players Who would perhaps cut it at the top and improve alot.

IMO We need to bring in 7/8 first team players, plus a bench, and some good free transfers and we'd still have on of the weakest or lowly ranked sides in the league,

It's all about hungry up and coming players, you could call it ''the swansea factor''

Re: WATCHING SOUTHAMPTON THIS WEEKEND MADE ME REALISE JUST H

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 pm

southampton looked class against newcastle. Lallana, Puncheon, ramirez were all fantastic.

i think they will stay up because they will score plenty of goals.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Thats why I said ' if ' we strengthen now lets get quality that would be good enough for the Premier league when we get there, we need a strong backbone to start with in my opinion, no point getting players who are just numbers in our squad.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thats why I said ' if ' we strengthen now lets get quality that would be good enough for the Premier league when we get there, we need a strong backbone to start with in my opinion, no point getting players who are just numbers in our squad.

Defo agree, If we can bring in 4 very , very good players january, (which we're going to have to do anyway if we get promoted,
might as well get part of it done rather than beat around the bush and risk not being able to sign the players we need end of season,

at least then we should have enough Quality to up our away form go unbeaten on a couple of long runs second half of our season

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Thats why I said ' if ' we strengthen now lets get quality that would be good enough for the Premier league when we get there, we need a strong backbone to start with in my opinion, no point getting players who are just numbers in our squad.

easier said than done though, premier league quality players want to be playing in the premier league, just look at Frazier Campbell recently and he is a lower end Premiership striker!

it's a tough one!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Southampton have spent 30m since they went up so Malky will need at least 50m please Mr Tan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

One step at a time boys. We cannot add too much to the debt. Let's get promotion first. Calm down ! :ayatollah: