Sir Chris Hoy
Ben Ainslie
Sarah Storey
Nicola Adams
Katherine Grainger

Re: Sports Personality Of The Year 2012

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Can only be Wiggins

Wins the hardest event in the world drug free plus the most prestigious warm up races, Gold medal 10 days later, I believe he has the most amount of medals.

Top bloke who speaks his mind in the PC era.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

whittingham :roll:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 pm

ninianblue wrote:whittingham :roll:

I feel soooooo ashamed - of course :crybaby:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:23 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Can only be Wiggins

Wins the hardest event in the world drug free plus the most prestigious warm up races, Gold medal 10 days later, I believe he has the most amount of medals.

Agree with you llan :ayatollah: Wiggins gets my vote.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 pm

whittingham should win it

but as he isnt on the list i guess wiggins

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm

that list reeks of political correctness

wiggo or murray. think murray will edge it cos he'll have all of scotland voting for him

when they announce welsh shortlist?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm

kenbarlow wrote:that list reeks of political correctness

wiggo or murray. think murray will edge it cos he'll have all of scotland voting for him

there is always someone who will moan.

Who do you think should be on the list and instead of who then? :roll:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Ennis as she is best looking

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Please vote for my swimmer Ellie simmonds guys. And she is coming down with me for the palace game. Hopefully with your help she will have won it :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Please vote for my swimmer Ellie simmonds guys. And she is coming down with me for the palace game. Hopefully with your help she will have won it :ayatollah:

are you her coach then? hows she feeling about being nominated?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
kenbarlow wrote:that list reeks of political correctness

there is always someone who will moan.

Who do you think should be on the list and instead of who then? :roll:

i think everyone on that list has achieved something incredible this year.

it's just that when you look at the make up, its almost too perfectly balanced for gender, race, disability...

not saying that none of them deserve to be on that list, just that it looks like it may not have been selected on achievement/personality alone.

think jason kenny should be on there, also dont know what else carl froch has to do

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

froch and kenny are decent shouts. More so kenny i feel

but you already have two cyclists on the list, i think 3 would have been too much. Also, if you are only going to have two, i think they have picked the correct ones.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Can only be Wiggins

Totally agree

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:Please vote for my swimmer Ellie simmonds guys. And she is coming down with me for the palace game. Hopefully with your help she will have won it :ayatollah:

She is over the moon Paul, but when you look how the bbc work, over history they choose from a sport that they show e.g. Golf, horse racing, tennis etc., so we shall see.
Don't know if anybody trains as hard as Ellie tho, she is relentless, even at 5.30 in the morning, a joy to coach :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

im not sure why chris hoy's been nominated again to be honest. he doesnt need another award plus hes a bloody sir! give someone else a go!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Wiggins or Murray for me :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

She is over the moon Paul, but when you look how the bbc work, over history they choose from a sport that they show e.g. Golf, horse racing, tennis etc., so we shall see.
Don't know if anybody trains as hard as Ellie tho, she is relentless, even at 5.30 in the morning, a joy to coach :ayatollah:

glad she is happy, but the list is chosen indepentantly, and voted by us. I imagine she will not win. But to be nominated in what has clearly been our finest ever year of sport is fantastic, and i hope she enjoys the night! :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

glad she is happy, but the list is chosen indepentantly, and voted by us. I imagine she will not win. But to be nominated in what has clearly been our finest ever year of sport is fantastic, and i hope she enjoys the night! :ayatollah:

Cheers paul :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

kenbarlow wrote:im not sure why chris hoy's been nominated again to be honest. he doesnt need another award plus hes a bloody sir! give someone else a go!

shouldnt really matter

mcllroy has had an amazing season, and would win if it wasnt an olympic year (though you could say the same about murray)

another good name not on the list is Alistar cook

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 pm

true. cookie is a pure hero! dare say he's got plenty of opportunity to win one in future years tho, particularly after he's captained an ashes victory next year. guess kenny will have more olympic opportunities aswell, i genuinely think he could go down as one of the greatest british olympians

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

kenbarlow wrote:true. cookie is a pure hero! dare say he's got plenty of opportunity to win one in future years tho, particularly after he's captained an ashes victory next year. guess kenny will have more olympic opportunities aswell, i genuinely think he could go down as one of the greatest british olympians

well when you look at his age, he still has another 3 or perhaps even 4 olympics in him, its just weather he can stay at the top

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Deserves it just for the burns!!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Wiggo or Murray for me. Wiggins prob edges it though, just.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Sports "personality" would be a bit ironic for Murray. Zzzzzzz

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Mo farah will win.

A Somali success story is needed to gel the communities.

Wether he gets the most votes is a different matter, if you know what I mean.

Still, he'd get my vote.

Great athlete and a great personality to match.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 am

Wiggins for me :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am

Hatton by a country mile.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

Murray ( Wiggins had massive help from his team mates in Tour de France ). :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 am

mugsy wrote:Murray ( Wiggins had massive help from his team mates in Tour de France ). :ayatollah:

got towed up those mountains did he? :?