Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Offensive Chants"

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:14 pm

glas wrote:
samdm94 wrote:to be honest i dont give a flying fuk and think people who get offended should grow up

Well said. Too sensitive these days.

Remember "sticks and stones will break your bones"

Lol at Sam's uneducated response.

I'd like to know what you think 'sticks and stones' behaviour is? Because if you class poking fun at people being stabbed, exterminated, called a paedophile etc then you clearly need help my friend. You would be up in arms if away fans sang about a City player/fan/manager in these disgusting ways but hey it's just banter!

I would also happily shop anyone singing this stuff around with no hesistation.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

In the paper the other day, a rugby boy from swansea got done for chanting i'd rather cut my arm off then be english. :shock:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Next time we start chanting 1 nil to the sheepshaggers im gonna complain and see if we can get everyone in CCS banned

We (Welsh people) don't actually shag sheep though. Hitler and the Nazis literally did murder over 6 million Jews.

I tend to be of the opinion that this sort of thing is part of football crowd culture and as long as no one gets hurt, just give as good as you get, but there does need to be a line somewhere.

Surely you can see the difference?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Banter mocking the opposing team is one thing but there have been times over the years when chants have crossed the line & there has never been a worst chant at any ground than what was first heard at Ashton gate in the 70's when the wurzels started chanting "Aberfan" at the City fans, caused a riot outside the ground when City fans went berserk, there are certain chants that the offenders deserve to be punished & that was certainly one of them.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:This society of black lawyers, in itself, is racist?

Can you imagine if I set a group up "the society of white lawyers" - everyone would be up in arms.

I say the same about this "black players PFA"

You're kidding me right? There's actually a group called "the Society of Black Lawyers? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Yep!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Is it getting a bit too "PC" about these chants.

Witty and banterousnchants have always been part and parcel of football.

What next, not allowed to call the Jacks "Gypos" as it's offensive to a certain group of people?

I'm playing devils advocate here, what are people's thoughts?

Offensive chants to me are no different than a comedian using offensive jokes in their routine.

The people who get irate over these things are the ones with the issues and its better to just leave them be. If they want to get stressed over words and other trivial things then let them but when they get ill due to being overstressed they only have themselves to blame. People need to learn to take life for what it is, an experience that you've been gifted with.

Far too many people think they have some level of self importance that means the world owes them something and they need to be heard when the reality is that they are just a statistic on an otherwise very highly populated planet.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:04 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

What next, not allowed to call the Jacks "Gypos" as it's offensive to a certain group of people?

Offensive chants to me are no different than a comedian using offensive jokes in their routine.

The people who get irate over these things are the ones with the issues and its better to just leave them be. If they want to get stressed over words and other trivial things then let them but when they get ill due to being overstressed they only have themselves to blame. People need to learn to take life for what it is, an experience that you've been gifted with.

Far too many people think they have some level of self importance that means the world owes them something and they need to be heard when the reality is that they are just a statistic on an otherwise very highly populated planet.

if you truely believe that then why did you post on another thread just minutes ago that you shouldn,t call people names on here?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm

jtc wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:

if you truely believe that then why did you post on another thread just minutes ago that you shouldn,t call people names on here?

Because thats the rules and even though I might not agree with them I shall still abide by them. For example there are many laws I disagree with but I still abide by them. I have no issue with name calling on a forum and many other forums I am on name calling is common practice but here it has been reiterated many times by the moderators/admins that its not acceptable behaviour so therefore out of respect for those who run the forum I will not do it.