Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Offensive Chants"

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Is it getting a bit too "PC" about these chants.

Witty and banterousnchants have always been part and parcel of football.

What next, not allowed to call the Jacks "Gypos" as it's offensive to a certain group of people?

I'm playing devils advocate here, what are people's thoughts?

Re: "Offensive Chants"

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Just words, doesnt bother me at all.

How many spurs fans are actually jewish??

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm

We will be banned for calling ourselves Sheepshaggers next! :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:40 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Just words, doesnt bother me at all.

How many spurs fans are actually bothered?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Can't believe the media are trying to create a storm over chanting di canios name ffs!!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm

milly44 wrote:Can't believe the media are trying to create a storm over chanting di canios name ffs!!

I take it you dont know his history.

Makes no odds to me but we all know what the media are like.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm

milly44 wrote:Can't believe the media are trying to create a storm over chanting di canios name ffs!!

They are assuming a lot. We all know why they were singing it, but he's a former player and icon there..

Sections of our crowd still sing about Robin Friday.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm

to be honest i dont give a flying fuk and think people who get offended should grow up

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

samdm94 wrote:to be honest i dont give a flying fuk and think people who get offended should grow up

thats the point, not one person has actually complained in the whole UK.......

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:39 pm

2+2=7 here.

A lot of west Ham fans love the thought of them being an academy of beautiful football rather than a yo yo club who have a route one manager they dislike even with the promotion.

Forgetting Di Canio's politics he was a West ham hero and an extremely elegant gifted footballer who is doing quite well with Swindon as a manager. They would love him there, nowt to do with a ultra right wing agenda.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm

what was the actual chant then?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what was the actual chant then?

hes coming for you ! hes coming for you ! adolf hitler ! is coming for you

then they chanted di canios name

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm

lol people lost their sense of humours? i bet the black lawyers association will be all over this soon

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm

paulh_85 wrote:lol people lost their sense of humours? i bet the black lawyers association will be all over this soon

banter aint it, people do need to get a grip

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 pm

How anybody can call stabbing other people and calling for Adolf Hitler banter is beyond me and pretty sickening.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

captbirdseye wrote:How anybody can call stabbing other people and calling for Adolf Hitler banter is beyond me and pretty sickening.

do we not sing "harold shipman is my mate" and chant "istanbul" banter mate... pc brigade are you ?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 pm

No offense buddy but i'm not sure you get the term 'banter'. Also, maybe think about what your signing next time especially when people have been murdered. I like pissing taking like the rest but i do know right and wrong.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 pm

According to comedian David Baddiel who,s a jewish Chelsea fan only about 3% and they shouldnt be calling themselves the yid army

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

2+2=7 here.

A lot of west Ham fans love the thought of them being an academy of beautiful football rather than a yo yo club who have a route one manager they dislike even with the promotion.

Forgetting Di Canio's politics he was a West ham hero and an extremely elegant gifted footballer who is doing quite well with Swindon as a manager. They would love him there, nowt to do with a ultra right wing agenda.

West Ham = horrible club,vile fans

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 pm

captbirdseye wrote:How anybody can call stabbing other people and calling for Adolf Hitler banter is beyond me and pretty sickening.

agreed. this is so different to calling someone a 'gypo' and if you cant see how it is....well you're an idiot.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 am

I just don't understand why there are so many dickheads and small minded people on here. Some on here are saying it's just a banter just makes me laugh at them :lol:
How is calling for hitler a banter? Do u realise how many people hitler killed? Over 6million+ including Brits (nevermind the Jews). Our grandads had to fight world war 2 because of that c**t. How some can even compare this with our banter with the jacks is beyond belief!

There's banter but imo this is over the line!

Barry Chuckle is the biggest disgrace in this forum! Moderator was right to ban the fucker in the first place!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 am

CardiffBatman888 wrote:I just don't understand why there are so many dickheads and small minded people on here. Some on here are saying it's just a banter just makes me laugh at them :lol:
How is calling for hitler a banter? Do u realise how many people hitler killed? Over 6million+ including Brits (nevermind the Jews). Our grandads had to fight world war 2 because of that c**t. How some can even compare this with our banter with the jacks is beyond belief!

There's banter but imo this is over the line!

Barry Chuckle is the biggest disgrace in this forum! Moderator was right to ban the fucker in the first place!

If you would like to read my post again, I've not actually given an opinion.

It says' "I'm playing devils advocate here, what are people's thoughts?"

Please read my posts correctly before you throw perry insults around. :roll:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 am

It was the society of black lawyers that reported it, just read on sky news.

They should keep their f*cking noses out of football.....not one tottenham fan complained.

Were they sick chants, of course.....did it hurt anyone.....NO

Next time we start chanting 1 nil to the sheepshaggers im gonna complain and see if we can get everyone in CCS banned

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 am

CraigCCFC wrote:It was the society of black lawyers that reported it, just read on sky news.

They should keep their f*cking noses out of football.....not one tottenham fan complained.

Next time we start chanting 1 nil to the sheepshaggers im gonna complain and see if we can get everyone in CCS banned

Are there many blacks Jews who support Spurs now or are they even trying to represent non-blacks now..? If so they should drop their offensive name IMO.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:07 am

Angry Man wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:It was the society of black lawyers that reported it, just read on sky news.

Are there many blacks Jews who support Spurs now or are they even trying to represent non-blacks now..? If so they should drop their offensive name IMO.

This is the second occasion in as many days i've agreed with you.......

Something is not right

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 am

I agree that they should focus on discrimation in their own profession, but if someone doesn't do anything then it will sadly only get worse.

Fans should be banned and kicked out football grounds for life for singing about Hitler, Istanbul and general songs about horrific incidents in life/football. I mean you might as well stand in front of some who survived a concentration camp and laugh about how funny Hitler is etc. You also can't compare sheepshaggers with songs about the above, and to say that it doesn't hurt anyone is a bit blinkered.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:49 am

milly44 wrote:

How many spurs fans are actually bothered?

Thats correct. They call themselves Yid army.
Spurs are not offended by it, some even seem proud of it as it shows their roots in the local community

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am

This society of black lawyers, in itself, is racist?

Can you imagine if I set a group up "the society of white lawyers" - everyone would be up in arms.

I say the same about this "black players PFA"

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 am

samdm94 wrote:to be honest i dont give a flying fuk and think people who get offended should grow up

Well said. Too sensitive these days.

Remember "sticks and stones will break your bones"

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:This society of black lawyers, in itself, is racist?

Can you imagine if I set a group up "the society of white lawyers" - everyone would be up in arms.

I say the same about this "black players PFA"

I had a similar discussion last night with someone. It's a joke.
Football is becoming a farce!