Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

season ticket prices next year

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:46 pm

With season tickets this year roughly £350- £420 what kind of price rise should we expect if we achieve promotion to the prem league next year ?
Giving that im a season ticket holder i believe we are in year 3 of the 5 year price freeze deal so wont affect me, but was asked how much season tickets would be if we went up but struggled to answer due to the fact we dont know what the malaysians will do once we are in the prem league . Will they be greedy and try to pinch as much out of fans as possible ? Will they have to put a hefty price on the tickets to new season ticket holders to cover losses from the price freeze and bigger wage contracts to players ? Or will they try and keep it as low as possible to thank fans for support ?
looking into newly promoted teams most of there season tickets sit around the £500/£600+ mark qpr went up to as much as £950 with there new malaysian invester ?
That would mean around a £150/£200 rise on a season ticket !
Could we afford the players we need to compete in the prem if 90% of our season ticket holders are still on a price freeze for 2 more seasons ? especially with the fair play rules coming into play next year ?

Re: season ticket prices next year

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 pm

nah, will probably be about the same

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Next year the bottom team will receive as much as Man city got last season for winning the thing. Its the TV money they all want.

I imagine (hope) we will do a Feb/Mar early bird with finance for existing season ticket holders, so if we do get promoted they can do what they want with tickets as their claim will be genuine fans were looked after.

I would then leak it that half season tickets would also qualify for the offer. The fans are only there to make it look good for the TV.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 pm

its annoying that we have to commit that early every season. End of march/ beginning of April is when they should be looking to bring out season tickets

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Am I missing something here, haven't we still got a couple of seasons under the five year price freeze, thanks peter you were such a visionary. :lol: :lol: ;)

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Am I missing something here, haven't we still got a couple of seasons under the five year price freeze, thanks peter you were such a visionary. :lol: :lol: ;)

:lol:

Can't be finished yet, I'm sure. Maybe they'll extend it, to thank us for our loyalty?!! OK, maybe not.

:D

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I am not saying they will, but they used the Carling cup final last year.

They will be trying to flog the half season tickets soon, what an incentive reduced Premier league season tickets. In business its all about timing, if we turn the new year with a few point lead, the commercial department need to go into overdrive.

Sorry our commercial department are shockingly poor, so god knows.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Am I missing something here, haven't we still got a couple of seasons under the five year price freeze, thanks peter you were such a visionary. :lol: :lol: ;)

Ive been a season ticket for the last 3 years will I qualify for the price freeze. In Fact, will every season ticket holder? Or did you have to sign up for the "golden ticket" scam thing?

Thanks?