Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

football or rugby.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Do you all think cardiff is a rugby city or a football city i think its football all the way rugby is for the people from the valleys your thoughts please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: football or rugby.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Football city obviously. The Blues can't reach attendances like us :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Isn't the city big enuff for both sports?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 pm

mdblue wrote:Do you all think cardiff is a rugby city or a football city i think its football all the way rugby is for the people from the valleys your thoughts please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Neither - you get football and rugby fans in Cardiff and the valleys. Some people also like both sports - so no one answer to your question :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Football. The crowds on rugby international days are not even sports/rugby fans in the majority!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Football. The crowds on rugby international days are not even sports/rugby fans in the majority!

When was the survey carried out?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:44 pm

mdblue wrote:Do you all think cardiff is a rugby city or a football city i think its football all the way rugby is for the people from the valleys your thoughts please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If it wasnt for the Valleys support then Cardiff would be fcuked :o :o

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I would think the majority of the Blues fans are more Cardiff based , With the Bluebirds its more likely a 50/50 split but on percentage a bigger Support for football seems more likely .........So football Wins :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Cardiff itself is probably 10 to 1 football to rugby you only have to look at the parks football pitches to see that. Not sure how it goes further north. I would love to know the percentage cardiff vrs surrouding area.

Signing in from CF72

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Karl wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Football. The crowds on rugby international days are not even sports/rugby fans in the majority!

When was the survey carried out?

No survey carried out or needed. Club rugby attendances are my proof.

Never see any of the pink Stetson wearing slappers at a Cardiff Blues game. :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Football :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Most likely the majority of Blues fans are from Cardiff. Not many people from the Valleys like the Blues. But its a footballing city as more people play football

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm

MalagaCF wrote:

If it wasnt for the Valleys support then Cardiff would be fcuked :o :o

This!!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Rugby country. Football city.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm

i bet most of cardiffs support comes from the valleys

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Football all day long, The Blues are back where they wanted to be but the crowds are not.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm

The valleys are not rugby mad like the media makes out. Lot of rugby clubs I know but hardly any fucker watches them.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:02 pm

murphy wrote:The valleys are not rugby mad like the media makes out. Lot of rugby clubs I know but hardly any fucker watches them.

:ayatollah: rugby is a sport for fat kids with ginger hair who cant play football

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm

samdm94 wrote:
murphy wrote:The valleys are not rugby mad like the media makes out. Lot of rugby clubs I know but hardly any fucker watches them.

:ayatollah: rugby is a sport for fat kids with ginger hair who cant play football

:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm

samdm94 wrote:

They could easily say football is a sport for skinny weak kids with no balls.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Rugby country. Football city.

How can you be so unequivocal? Cardiff is clearly a football city, but is the country a rugby country? I don't think so.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm

hywel wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

egg fan alert ! :roll:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:52 pm

samdm94 wrote:
hywel wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

egg fan alert ! :roll:

I play rugby, used to play football and prefer to watch football. Don't see the problem.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:18 pm

I dont really get the hate of the sport on here. I know theres a bias in Wales towards it but its a good game. I enjoy both football and rugby :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

How can you be so unequivocal? Cardiff is clearly a football city, but is the country a rugby country? I don't think so.

Rugby is very clearly the most popular sport in Wales. Rugby is part of the Welsh culture whether you like it or not.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Rugby is very clearly the most popular sport in Wales. Rugby is part of the Welsh culture whether you like it or not.

Would love to see stats on Rugby participation and regional attendances compared to football in Wales. I bet Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham blow the combined rugby attendances out of the water.

Theres no doubt that Wales football can pull sell out crowds when we'r doing well, it's just Welsh football is a small fish in a very very talented big pond. Welsh rugby are a decent side but look at how many teams they have to compete against? There are about 7/8 world class teams.

Also international day in Cardiff is seen as a day on the piss wether or not your into Rugby.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Would love to see stats on Rugby participation and regional attendances compared to football in Wales. I bet Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham blow the combined rugby attendances out of the water.

Theres no doubt that Wales football can pull sell out crowds when we'r doing well, it's just Welsh football is a small fish in a very very talented big pond. Welsh rugby are a decent side but look at how many teams they have to compete against? There are about 7/8 world class teams.

Also international day in Cardiff is seen as a day on the piss wether or not your into Rugby.

More people will watch Wales play rugby though. The reason the regional teams dont get big attendances is purely that the standard of rugby is pretty poor and Rugby is still quite amateurish compared to football. International rugby there is more pride and passion plus theyre normally gaurenteed to get an entertaining game than if wales played football.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

More people will watch Wales play rugby though. The reason the regional teams dont get big attendances is purely that the standard of rugby is pretty poor and Rugby is still quite amateurish compared to football. International rugby there is more pride and passion plus theyre normally gaurenteed to get an entertaining game than if wales played football.

Kind of said the same thing...

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:11 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Really? Isn't football the most played and watched game in the country?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:12 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

More like 3!