Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is on your january transfer wishlist

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Id like to get an experienced defender and a proven goal scorer in this division or maybe Premier league

Re: Who is on your january transfer wishlist

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Vidic and Van persie

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 pm

If Lappin turns out ok and John is as good as others have said just keep Lappin full season also along as Nugent continues to develop.

If we are to lose Conway another winger would be good (Phillips/Ince?) and Danny Graham and Billy Sharp up front would be great.

We also lack cover for Whitts which seems to go unnoticed not sure how we would line up our midfield without him.

So 4-5 players we'd be laughing.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:05 pm

I generally keep up with our development side and I think we have a lot of very very promising youngsters, O'Sullivan, Coulson, John, Darko to name a few but wouldn't want to put too much pressure on them. it's experience that's vital at the turn of the year

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:34 pm

lappin on loan for the season if he turns out to be any good is fine.

how long is billy sharp on loan at forest for? he is a class player in this division.

Didnt we make a bit for phillips last season? think we might have competition from palace for him

charlie austin

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:42 pm

charlie austin :old:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Haris Vukic
Matt Phillips
Danny Graham

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Jack Hunt
Charlie Austin
Billy Sharp
Danny Graham
Matt Phillips

Would be nice to steal a player from Palace too but apart from Zaha there's no one there I'd really want and we clearly can't afford him.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm

people on here seem to rate jack hunt highly, i have never been able to understand why?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:people on here seem to rate jack hunt highly, i have never been able to understand why?

Got to be honest I haven't seen much of him but I remember he was the standout player when we played Huddersfield add to that the rave reviews I've seen on here.

I'd like to think that if we signed him though that Malky had scouted hio more than me : P

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Kenny Miller 2 month loan deal. That is all.

Don't think we are that desperate for defenders to be honest. We have three CB's who are great for this level (Huds, Turner and Connolly) and one who is on the breakthrough (Nugent). We have a solid LB (Taylor) and decent cover (John, maybe even Ralls if desperate. Then we have SuperKev who can play anywhere across the back four with ease. Plus good luck finding someone who would come here to sit on the bench and wait to be called upon

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 am

if possible and all the interest from premier teams have cooled their interest then Nathan Redmond of Birmingham, Charlie Austin or craig mackail smith upfront unless velikonja breaks into team after Christmas, wisdom onloan from Liverpool if they are willing let him leave since hes been in the first team for a while.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am

Charlie Austin.
Craig Davies (Barnsley)
John Brayford
Anthony Knockheart

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 am

Jordan Rhodes :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 am

Remember when Holloway said he wouldn't allow Phillips to go to us as we weren't a big enough club :lol: I don't think Blackpool will be challenging this season, probably top 12 but not play-offs but I think we can tempt Phillips to come here depending on league position.

Vuckic is out for season.(To few posts above)

I'd really love Phillips here, Noone and Phillips on both wings with Bellars up front would do some damage, the pace we have would be so hard to deal with.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 am

Clint Hill
Vaz Te
Charlie Austin

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 am

Frazier campbell
David ngog (unlikely)
Scott dann
Wes brown?
Wes morgan
Marouane chamakh (arsenal)

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm

squad should be 2 players for each position in my opinion which would leave us needing 1 full back 1 centre back and a target man to cover helgusson ( dont think gestede is up to the job )

goalkeepers - marshall & lewis
full backs - mcnaughton , taylor ,connolly (plus 1 signing)
centre backs - turner , hudson , nugent (plus 1 signing)
midfield - gunnarsson ,mutch , kiss ,cowie, kimbo
wingers - conway , noone , bellamy , kimbo , smith
playmakers - whitts & mcphail
strikers - velinkonja , mason , bellamy , smith ,
target man - helgusson , gestede (plus 1 signing )

with attacking players able to play in different positions i think our squad is quite versatile . i think a target man is needed and i would go for kenwyn jones from stoke , what about robbie keane whos playing in america and is available up until end of march ?
in defence i would go for sebastian squillaci at arsenal he is a solid c/b and hasnt played for ages he could be persuaded to get sonme game time till the end of the season . also lewis dunk at brighton has allways impressed me .
stephen kelly at fulham is intresting and what about a return for adam matthews whos not playing much at celtic ??

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 pm

wouldnt mind glen murray of palace

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:wouldnt mind glen murray of palace

this years andy johnson if you ask me, average at best, just scores a shed load of penalties.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I would like Malky to try and get Matt Phillips on board, Vellios a greek centre forward players for Everton and a an experienced premier league player at left back :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Get Malky to have a word with SAF to find out whether or not Redknapp is planning to use Fabio?

If not terminate his loan there and send him here for the remainder of season, can play left or right back.

Also, Victor Anichebe from Everton, final piece in the jigsaw! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Marouane Chamakh would make a lot of sense- so far down the pecking order- It would have to be a loan with a view to buy- I bet he is on serious wonga at the Arse.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Ladesma Middlesbrough

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 pm

beckham the way people are going on about him

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 pm

chamakh is awful

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

paulh_85 wrote:chamakh is awful

Youre a terrible judge of player Paul

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

not at all. I could find 60,000 arsenal fans who would agree with me :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

not at all. I could find 60,000 arsenal fans who would agree with me :lol:

He would tear this division apart.

You also said Tommy Smith was crap I do recall.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

you recall incorrectly.

I did say i didnt think he was better than what we already had, and did say i didnt think he would offer much. Unlike some i can also admit to being in the wrong.

Chamakh would do well in this division sure, but "tear the division apart?" not sure his attitude is up to it.