Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW NEGATIVE WERE YOU YESTERDAY

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Who (like myself) when Barnsley made it 2-1 instantly thought that's it, we won't win it now. I'm just interested to see how many people had little faith that we could hold on.

Re: HOW NEGATIVE WERE YOU YESTERDAY

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Anyone who said it never crossed their mind would be lying imo.

Still, we won, we got three points and we are top of the league. :D

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:Who (like myself) when Barnsley made it 2-1 instantly thought that's it, we won't win it now. I'm just interested to see how many people had little faith that we could hold on.

The atmosphere amongst us who went definately changed when they scored.

My feelings were surely we won't give this one away. I can't really say I had trust in them to hold on but put faith in the law of averages. Usually you lose one win one and we had lost more on the road going behind and actually held onto. When scoring first we had lost a lead to C Palace, Bolton and Charlton on the road but had only held onto a lead at Millwall. So now we have done that at Barnsley our next away game where we score first we will be ok. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Hopefully now it's a monkey off the players backs and we can become a team that is hard to beat on the road and continue to be a dominant force at home.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:40 pm

barnsely were threatening to score for a long time in the second half, i assumed they would eventually get one, but to score after 76 mins i just thought the game would finish 2-2, was even more convinced when we went down to 10 men, but credit to the players. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:Who (like myself) when Barnsley made it 2-1 instantly thought that's it, we won't win it now. I'm just interested to see how many people had little faith that we could hold on.

I've always thought like that :lol:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 pm

I was listening to it on Player, with Barnsley commentary as ours was crap, and when they got one back I had to turn it off.

I suppose that could be construed as negative, but I can't stand radio commentary anyway and it was too nerve wracking for me. :oops:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Well I was a lot more positive, and tried not to argue (but couldn't stop myself) with some of our nervous fans that were ready to blame some players for the fog.

I said at the time that we would see this one out, and if anyone was to score agian, it would be us

WE WON AND WE ARE TOP

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:21 pm

its something you have to bear in mind when you follow cardiff city

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Hardly surprising City fans anticipation lets refresh!
Crystal Palace 0- 2 City
Bloton 0-1 City
Charlton 0-2 City :shock:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:57 pm

I was there and if I had to put money on the final score after they pulled one back I would of said 2-2 before it staying 1-2!!.. Very nervous last 10 minutes but that's the Cardiff city rollercoster!!.. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:13 pm

It was extremely painful listening on radio. When they shouted for a late pen it sounded like they'd scored. I can't take the pressure!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:58 am

Halifax93 wrote:It was extremely painful listening on radio. When they shouted for a late pen it sounded like they'd scored. I can't take the pressure!

I've stopped listening on the radio, over the years we always seemed to lose when I listen and I end up breaking things when we conceed in the 94th minute :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 am

I must admit, I thought we'd blow it again. :lol:

Me and my dad were watching Gillette Soccer Saturday and we were shitting ourselves. I swear Jeff Stelling loves to make everything tense by shouting "AND THERE'S BEEN ANOTHER GOAL AT..." and your heart stops, I want to kill him sometimes :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:29 am

I sat here in the States looking at my phone just waiting for it to report 2-2. It is exactly what I was doing vs. Bolton, and Charlton,just watching the game updates via my phone.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:It was extremely painful listening on radio. When they shouted for a late pen it sounded like they'd scored. I can't take the pressure!

I've stopped listening on the radio, over the years we always seemed to lose when I listen and I end up breaking things when we conceed in the 94th minute :lol:

Norwich away was the worst :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Had to stop listening to the game and go outside for a walk only returning at 5 past 5 to find out the result.

It is sheer agony listening or watching on Sky Sports News.

Always remember when Peterboro came back from 4-0 down at half time a few years ago. "And there's been ANOTHER goal at London Road..... which way has it gone? I bloody well knew exactly which way it had gone before they even went there!

Much better actually being at the game. For some reason it feels that if you are there you can somehow have some influence on the result - at home it's just a nightmare!

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Being negative is all part and parcel of being a Cardiff fan, especially us older ones! I still think even after nearly ten years of consistantly being in the top half of the championship that if we avoid relegation our season is successful after all the years of avoiding relegation in the lower divisions!