Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

groups you would like to see,but havnt

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

for me the stones,,not that keen on the music but i think a fantastic performance,even if they are getting on a bit now...ok getting on alot :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: groups you would like to see,but havnt

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:46 pm

groups i would like to have seen is the beatles in abergavenny in 1962, sex pistols in caerphilly in 1976 and trex at the first ever glastonbury. other than that ive seen most of the bands ive wanted to see!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 pm

AHERNE wrote:groups i would like to have seen is the beatles in abergavenny in 1962, sex pistols in caerphilly in 1976 and trex at the first ever glastonbury. other than that ive seen most of the bands ive wanted to see!

Was going to say none,but i 'd have liked to have seen the pistols and t.rex

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm

The Jam But no chance of that.
The Vaccines
Not bands but
Sea sick steve
Jamie cullum

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:31 pm

bluewho wrote:The Jam But no chance of that.
The Vaccines
Not bands but
Sea sick steve
Jamie cullum

i saw the jam at the afan lido in 1982 .... fantastic night and a sea of green parkas, polka dot shirts, lonsdale tshirts and boating blazers!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I saw The Jam at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff in Nov 1980 and Shepton Mallet Showering Pavilion in Sept 1982. Amazing, never to be forgotten. I don't know if any band can beat them for me, so I might not bother with any more gigs.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:05 pm

the orginal new york dolls with the late great johnny thunders.they played here in 73 i think. i was 8 then.saw them since they have reformed but it,s only a few original members.still great though.always regretted not seeing the ramones and bowie when i had the chance mid 80,s

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm

jtc wrote:the orginal new york dolls with the late great johnny thunders.they played here in 73 i think. i was 8 then.saw them since they have reformed but it,s only a few original members.still great though.always regretted not seeing the ramones and bowie when i had the chance mid 80,s

bowie was disappointing,saw him twice,,,, :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:I saw The Jam at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff in Nov 1980 and Shepton Mallet Showering Pavilion in Sept 1982. Amazing, never to be forgotten. I don't know if any band can beat them for me, so I might not bother with any more gigs.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 pm

krabb wrote:
jtc wrote:the orginal new york dolls with the late great johnny thunders.they played here in 73 i think. i was 8 then.saw them since they have reformed but it,s only a few original members.still great though.always regretted not seeing the ramones and bowie when i had the chance mid 80,s

Saw him in the Arms Park in 1987 and it was more of a West End show than a gig. Glad I went, but I wouldn't bother again.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
krabb wrote:

Saw him in the Arms Park in 1987 and it was more of a West End show than a gig. Glad I went, but I wouldn't bother again.

this :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:I saw The Jam at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff in Nov 1980 and Shepton Mallet Showering Pavilion in Sept 1982. Amazing, never to be forgotten. I don't know if any band can beat them for me, so I might not bother with any more gigs.

Try again,saw sttranglers at Sheptton Mallet,no booze allowed for some reason ,but great gig

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Saw Ramones 4 times, twice in in London,it was like supporting the city in the old days,jump on a train with your mates pissed up around the smoke,last train home.Good times

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:27 pm

the only current guitar band i pay any attention too is the vaccines .love to see them live

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:

Saw Ramones 4 times, twice in in London,it was like supporting the city in the old days,jump on a train with your mates pissed up around the smoke,last train home.Good times

my mates saw them and said they were superb.really wished i,d seen them.think my pals saw them in london too

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Oasis :(

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:

Try again,saw sttranglers at Sheptton Mallet,no booze allowed for some reason ,but great gig

saw the stranglers at reading 83.not really my cup of tea.few good tunes though.i went for hanoi rocks.sure big country played that night as well.hitch hiked from staffs to reading then back in the early hours.the spirit of youth :lol: i get racked off if iv got to walk more than 50 yards to me van these days :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Oasis :(

very good.saw them at mk bowl

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm

jtc wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Oasis :(

very good.saw them at mk bowl

Hope they reform at some point so I can, pretty much all I listen to.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:56 pm

jtc wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:

saw the stranglers at reading 83.not really my cup of tea.few good tunes though.i went for hanoi rocks.sure big country played that night as well.hitch hiked from staffs to reading then back in the early hours.the spirit of youth :lol: i get racked off if iv got to walk more than 50 yards to me van these days :lol:

Forgot about big country,would have liked to have seen them

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Motorhead with Saxon Sofia Gardens around 1979.

It fell down not long after.

AC/DC in Southamton, trying to break the record. I couldn't hear f**k all for a few days. UFO played same venue a few days later, great band but remember for the bass player whacking the guitar tech with the bass then throwing it to floor, vigoursly. *As I said to me mate at the time, did He just fling his bass to floor very vigororsly. He said Willy yer pissed in 2011 now you been smoking those Besons again.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Metallica
Guns N Roses
Pink Floyd
Kiss
ACDC
Muse
Rage Against The Machine
Kings Of Leon
Def Leppard
Genesis
Dire Straits

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Jedward.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:Motorhead with Saxon Sofia Gardens around 1979.

terrible gig, the sound was shit, everything was distorted...dont think I ever saw a good gig at sophia gardens...siouxsie--twice,jam, clash, tubes, elvis costello all much better at different venues to that one.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Motorhead with Saxon Sofia Gardens around 1979.

AC/DC in Southamton, trying to break the record. I couldn't hear f**k all for a few days. UFO played same venue a few days later, great band but remember for the bass player whacking the guitar tech with the bass then throwing it to floor, vigoursly. *As I said to me mate at the time, did He just fling his bass to floor very vigororsly. He said Willy yer pissed in 2011 now you been smoking those Besons again.

I reckon that Sophia Gardens Motorhead gig was the Ace Up Your Sleeve Tour in 1980. That was my first ever gig when I was 13 and it was excellent, ears were ringing for days. Still the programe somewhere. The roof collapsed under the weight of snow in 1982 (I believe) as that was the day that Black Sabbath were playing on their Mob Rules tour and I was gutted. Its good to see Motorhead still at it, 30 odd years later. And they used We Are The Road Crew at the start of Rise Of The Foot Soldier.

Seen many, many gigs and always preferred indie or any decent non-mainstream music for years, mainly guitar but also electronic. Seen pretty much most that I've wanted to see including the biggies like Stones/Bowie etc. Band I would have liked to have seen in their day would be Joy Division. Best band ever for me is The Smiths.

Nice avatar by the way. It also reminds me that I need to feed the horse.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 pm

swedish house mafia :cry:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Aerosmith :usa2:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:27 pm

We saw the vaccines last week atthe uni ? :roll:

Loved to seen the clash :old:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Big country are still touring ? :roll:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm

placid-casual wrote:Big country are still touring ? :roll:

isn,t that fellow from the alarm with them now?