Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MALKY CONFIRMS CRAIG CONWAY TRANSFER REQUEST '

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97688 :ayatollah:

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay today revealed he has rejected a transfer request from winger Craig Conway.

The unsettled Scottish winger has formally asked to leave the club ahead of the January transfer window after struggling for first team football this season.

Conway has started just one Championship match this season against Nottingham Forest and featured in only two others as a substitute.

The 27-year-old slipped down the selection pecking order following Mackay’s £10m summer spending spree that saw him sign the likes of Craig Bellamy, Craig Noone, Tommy Smith and Kim Bo-Kyung.

"Craig has put in a transfer request which we have refused,” Mackay confirmed this morning.

“I don't expect any of my older players to be happy not playing but Craig is a member of my squad and part of my plans. He will not be leaving in January unless something drastic happens."

Conway signed on a free from Dundee United in June last year and made 39 appearances for the Bluebirds last season, scoring five goals.

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2D334fphJ

Re: ' MALKY CONFIRMS CRAIG CONWAY TRANSFER REQUEST '

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm

I hope for the sake of the team and club them two can sort out any issues.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Listen, Craig is a professional football player, He needs to stop slapping in requests and throwing his toys out because he aint getting picked. He needs to knuckle down, and if chosen to start a game, he needs to maximize his time and prove to Malky that he needs to retain his place.

He was shocking at Bristol City, as were most of the team that day, but can you honestly tell me he is good enough replace either Noone or Kimbo?? no chance, he is down the pecking order because we have replaced him with better players since he joined.

I'm sorry but if he gets a chance he needs to prove himself and retain his place.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:50 pm

It would be sad to see him leave after such a short time because imo he had more to come. He hasn't excatly impressed in all his chance which have been few and we have brought in better players now but in a way its good that he wants to play football because thats what we need is hungry players and I hope he doesn't leave.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 pm

he changed the game for us against ipswich, and Malky showed he is willing to give him a chance by playing him against forest in the next match, but he is just not as good as what we currently have im afraid.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

I would play him tomorrow especially away.

Mason offers little to me so I would play Kimbo behind the striker with noone and Conway either side in a 4231.

He offers more defensively than the others

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Craig Conway fails with transfer request to leave Cardiff City

Cardiff City have turned down a transfer request by Scottish winger Craig Conway.

The 27-year-old, who joined from from Dundee in June 2011, has made one Championship start and two appearances off the bench this season.

Manager Malky Mackay says he understands Conway's frustration.

"He did [put in a request] because he wanted to play football, which was rejected. He understands why that was," said Mackay.

"No, he's part of the squad, part of my group and part of my plans here.

"If someone wasn't, then I wouldn't have a problem with that [a transfer request]."

Conway made 39 appearances for the Bluebirds in the 2011-12 season, scoring five goals.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Listen, Craig is a professional football player, He needs to stop slapping in requests and throwing his toys out because he aint getting picked. He needs to knuckle down, and if chosen to start a game, he needs to maximize his time and prove to Malky that he needs to retain his place.

He was shocking at Bristol City, as were most of the team that day, but can you honestly tell me he is good enough replace either Noone or Kimbo?? no chance, he is down the pecking order because we have replaced him with better players since he joined.

I'm sorry but if he gets a chance he needs to prove himself and retain his place.

Utter nonsense. Can't disagree more.

He clearly had the best pre season without any doubt and most fans on here would agree.

He should of had a starting place against Huddersfield.

He worked hard and people are saying he blew his chance against Forest when the midfield and strikers were poor and had no movement or creativity.

I hope MM can try convince him to come around.

I am a little confused that some players are feeling unhappy when injurys are flying about and a chance of getting promoted this season is on the cards.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Listen, Craig is a professional football player, He needs to stop slapping in requests and throwing his toys out because he aint getting picked. He needs to knuckle down, and if chosen to start a game, he needs to maximize his time and prove to Malky that he needs to retain his place.

Utter nonsense. Can't disagree more.

He clearly had the best pre season without any doubt and most fans on here would agree.

He should of had a starting place against Huddersfield.

He worked hard and people are saying he blew his chance against Forest when the midfield and strikers were poor and had no movement or creativity.

I hope MM can try convince him to come around.

I am a little confused that some players are feeling unhappy when injurys are flying about and a chance of getting promoted this season is on the cards.

He had an excellent pre season and was fantastic against Newcastle.

Came on at Ipswich and won us the game.

When we were playing Cowie on the wing, Craig would have been the better option - he has been treated slightly harshly.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 am

If i was a professional player, and i wasnt being picked.. then id want to move on aswell..
If as you say he isnt good enough to replace Noone or Kimbo, then y tell him to prove himself.. just let him go.. get a fee for him, its profit.. we didnt pay anything for him.