Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARE WE THE MOST

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

DIVIDED FANS IN THE LEAGUE

Since the rebrand do you believe a tension exists between pro red and pro blue?

Re: ARE WE THE MOST

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 pm

No. I think all fans would rather Blue. Just some accept playing in red easier than others.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 pm

no, not at all. The only tension is between the agitators.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:34 pm

no one wants the red, but people have gone along with it! the only tension here is between people are completely against it and the ones who have reluctantly accepted it but are now being given the tag 'plastic'

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 pm

If no one wants red then how come the club has sold 8,000 red shirts?

Yes I believe this issue has divided the fans and the rift will get bigger.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 pm

are we talking about the rebrand again ?? :?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:If no one wants red then how come the club has sold 8,000 red shirts?

Of course there's the obvious divide in opinion, that's healthy. The original post asks about tension. I don't believe there's any tension except in the minds of the few who want to cause it by constantly bringing it up in pointless threads.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Delusional .... Yes.

Some on here think we are way bigger than we are

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:59 pm

No major divide - unless people want to make it feel that way after all...............

WE ALL SUPPORT THE BLUEBIRDS!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Deano1 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:If no one wants red then how come the club has sold 8,000 red shirts?

Of course there's the obvious divide in opinion, that's healthy. The original post asks about tension. I don't believe there's any tension except in the minds of the few who want to cause it by constantly bringing it up in pointless threads.

I would say a majority of the pro blue are bottling their feelings.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:13 pm

i dont personally think the change of kit colour was the major problem most people in my opinion didnt like the fact the badge and emblem was changed rather than the kit colour , also the fact it was forced on the club without any input from the fans .
if they had come clean from the start and asked for fans input and suggestions i think this would have still gone ahead but a lot smoother than it has and the fans wouldnt be so devided ! imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: lets get on with supporting the team and look forward to a new look badge next year incorporating new and old keeping our history and embracing the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

thomasblue wrote:i dont personally think the change of kit colour was the major problem most people in my opinion didnt like the fact the badge and emblem was changed rather than the kit colour , also the fact it was forced on the club without any input from the fans .
if they had come clean from the start and asked for fans input and suggestions i think this would have still gone ahead but a lot smoother than it has and the fans wouldnt be so devided ! imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: lets get on with supporting the team and look forward to a new look badge next year incorporating new and old keeping our history and embracing the future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A lot of fans from other clubs I know sympathise with us over the fact it happened without consulting us. If it happened to us no reason why it will not happen to others. If this rebrand works out for Tan expect fans of other clubs to get worried. Such is modern football.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Please don't judge the divide in fans by the activity on this message board! Some people are VERY upset and I sympathise with them, but a lot of anti-Malaysian posting on here is simply written by trolls who are actively trying to divide THIS messageboard, not the fans as a whole.

This message board is only a snapshot of our fans, we can judge all fans feeling on this board alone.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm

because people like to buy the shirts the club bring out!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:39 pm

No.

What's said on a message board can be taken wrong.
If I had a beer with the biggest blue or red lover on here, I doubt we'd fall out over it.
People just take the Internet and forums to seriously.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Ridiculous.

Have you seen friends fall out over this?

"Cant believe you are happy about red you c**t!!"

"Who says im happy about Red? just glad we're not gone bust"

"Ah f**k off you sell out"

"Shurrup and get the beers in"

"ok"

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 pm

milly44 wrote:No.

What's said on a message board can be taken wrong.
If I had a beer with the biggest blue or red lover on here, I doubt we'd fall out over it.
People just take the Internet and forums to seriously.

Totally agree.

I don't know anyone who has had more than a slightly heated debate about it.

I honestly felt the pro/anti DJ fans split the fans more.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:No major divide - unless people want to make it feel that way after all...............

WE ALL SUPPORT THE BLUEBIRDS!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

spot on!!!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 pm

mr.angry wrote:DIVIDED FANS IN THE LEAGUE

No

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm

I suppose if you were to take the reaction of this forum and mikes, then the answer would have to be yes, but fortunatley for the club, the vast majority of our support will not go on to the two message boards, at the end of the day we are all Cardiff City fans and we should put all our efforts into what we do best, supporting Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm

cityone wrote:

I suppose if you were to take the reaction of this forum and mikes, then the answer would have to be yes, but fortunatley for the club, the vast majority of our support will not go on to the two message boards, at the end of the day we are all Cardiff City fans and we should put all our efforts into what we do best, supporting Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Paul, again, a spot on post :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
cityone wrote:

Hi Steve, i'm back out to Tenerife for the new year, (december 28th) you fancy coming????

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:45 pm

cityone wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
cityone wrote:

Hi Steve, i'm back out to Tenerife for the new year, (december 28th) you fancy coming????

lol I've had too many New Years Eve's in Tenerife I think I'll give it a miss as I want to go to Birmingham :lol: but thanks for the offer Paul. I'm going back in April with the family. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:49 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
cityone wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
cityone wrote:

lol I've had too many New Years Eve's in Tenerife I think I'll give it a miss as I want to go to Birmingham :lol: but thanks for the offer Paul. I'm going back in April with the family. :ayatollah:

No problem Steve, we'll catch up at a game soon and i hope the family are all ok!!!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:53 pm

cityone wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
cityone wrote:Hi Steve, i'm back out to Tenerife for the new year, (december 28th) you fancy coming????

No problem Steve, we'll catch up at a game soon and i hope the family are all ok!!!

Thanks Paul, yes the family are all doing fine, hope you are too. Take care mate :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm

We all shout for the same team, blue or red. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Don't sweat it,i know exactly what will happen,eventually we'll get promoted Tan sells makes a bit of money on his investment, the new guy changes colour back to blue and is welcomed as god

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

nobber wrote:We all shout for the same team, blue or red. :ayatollah:

spot on Bob ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 pm

online yes, in reality, no.

!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:21 pm

YES !!