Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liverpool no longer a big club?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Growing up with football it's always been hard trying to explain to my plastic supporting Liverpool mates!! I try to explain that I only support Cardiff as its where I'm from, it's where I'm born!!! They would always reply by saying "ha ha what will Cardiff ever win"? Fair enough!!! Probably nothing I would reply.

I can't help thinking that,that conversation would go so much better now!!

Liverpool are shit, so so shit, and I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching the plastic, Cardiff born Liverpool supporting idiots, suffer :lol:

Re: Liverpool no longer a big club?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 pm

i'd rather be watching games week in week out home and away than watching my team on the tv every weekend, regardless if they win everything!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Liverpool haven't been a 'big club' for years, however most Liverpool fans are stuck in the 70's so to them Bob Paisley's going to turn it all around soon....

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 am

lets face it, they are a big club and always will be, there just not a good club at the moment

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 am

Not a.great lover of LFC but they are abigger club than you will ever be canton stand baz , shit at mo but one of the most famous clubs in the world of football. :?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 am

Still a big club in South Wales but not in reality anymore.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

Mate, I had it the same.. Went to st Illtyds and st bernadettes before that And I could swear I was the oniy Cardiff fan there.
I got teased by them and targeted in certain events (football and egg) but my reply was always the same; " I go and watch my side play at home- but you guys enjoy Match of the Day to watch your sides,yeah!!"

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:53 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:i'd rather be watching games week in week out home and away than watching my team on the tv every weekend, regardless if they win everything!

It's not just about that though, it's about having pride in a club from your local areas.

The pride I felt just before the FA Cup final. Everyone in Cardiff buzzing about it - all the shops dressed up to support the City. People who don't really follow football cheering the boys on.. You can't get that buzz watching a top 4 team on the box.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:04 am

One of the biggest and most famous clubs in the world.

They just have a shit team at the moment

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Growing up with football it's always been hard trying to explain to my plastic supporting Liverpool mates!! I try to explain that I only support Cardiff as its where I'm from, it's where I'm born!!! They would always reply by saying "ha ha what will Cardiff ever win"? Fair enough!!! Probably nothing I would reply.

Liverpool are shit, so so shit, and I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching the plastic, Cardiff born Liverpool supporting idiots, suffer :lol:

your right, they're not a big club, their a massive club. just not a good team at the moment.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:33 am

They're a FAMOUS club, that's all. Nothing big about them anymore. Time for Liverpool fans to take their heads out of the sand.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Both Sheffield clubs are big clubs, so are leeds they are all crap at the moment, but still big clubs.

Liverpool are one notch above that- big and universally famous.

Man U, Real & Barca are massive, universally famous and successful.

Is Man city bigger than Liverpool - No, just more successful.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Growing up with football it's always been hard trying to explain to my plastic supporting Liverpool mates!! I try to explain that I only support Cardiff as its where I'm from, it's where I'm born!!! They would always reply by saying "ha ha what will Cardiff ever win"? Fair enough!!! Probably nothing I would reply.

Baz, I would say, no longer a good team rather than, no longer a big club to be honest and yes I can't wait to see the plastic Cardiff/Newport/Valleys Liverpool armchair supporting idiots suffer :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:15 pm

Probably support them because their dads did.Still know people who support Leeds from their gloy days late 60's early 70's and bringing their kids up to support them.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:22 pm

I wouldn't call them "supporters". I can't stand those who "support" clubs miles away from them when they have no connection with the club at all. The only reasons I can accept for someone to support a team miles away from them is either because they used to be their local team or it's to do with family reasons (as long as the family member wasn't a glory hunter). Support your local team!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:42 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Both Sheffield clubs are big clubs, so are leeds they are all crap at the moment, but still big clubs.

Liverpool are one notch above that- big and universally famous.

Man U, Real & Barca are massive, universally famous and successful.

Is Man city bigger than Liverpool - No, just more successful.

:thumbup: liverpool are still a big club just not a big team.it could be argued chelsea were/are a big team but not a big (massive club).tbf the scousers have fans world wide