Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LOAN BIDS MADE FOR CRAIG CONWAY '

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Craig Conway has definitely handed in a transfer request but his request has been turned down, Conway wants to play football, at the age of 27 he is at a stage in his career where he feels he needs to be playing before he becomes a forgotten man.

Craig loves the City and has been very happy down here but he is disillusioned at the lack of opportunity's he has received this season. As you may have read his relationship with Malky apparently broke down just before the Carling Cup final and has since remained strained.

Conway had an excellent pre-season and plenty of supporters felt that his performance against Newcastle in the last friendly before the league season kicked off warranted a place in the starting line up against Huddersfield but it didn't happen.

Craig has been a model professional, certainly since being at Cardiff, and continues to be a model professional both on and off the pitch, anybody who watches the training sessions at the Vale can vouch for that I am sure.

With injuries to key players, Malky brought in another winger on loan and Conway was still left out of the team, as I said he just wants to play football. Craig's contract is such that if we get promoted his wage will double but without going into the numbers involved it is safe to say he stands to lose out on a lot of coin if he moves on now with the club aiming for the Premier League this year.

This week both Bristol City and Blackpool have made bids to take him on a short term loan but both bids have been rejected. Malky has told Conway that he is part of his plans.

Now that Frei has gone back to Fulham, I personally would like to see Conway have at least a place on the bench against Barnsley.

In January, Malky has money to spend and a large amount if he requires and my thoughts are if he is not going to get picked in the team, and I can tell you that Malky worked very hard to get Conway to City last summer, then it is probably time to let him go.

Last year we were sending players out on loan to save money but this season the money is not an issue but that in itself creates problems with keeping players happy.

Re: ' LOAN BIDS MADE FOR CRAIG CONWAY '

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:45 pm

i honestly think he will be on the bench for now and will be shipped out come january.. as soon as smith and cowie are back though i think he wont be in the match day squad.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 pm

I thought he had been on the bench recently anyway?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Turned the game against Ipswich but with everyone fit he won't start. Like to have him in the squad though but can't blame him for wanting to leave. Hope we do strengthen in January, in all areas.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Are we with Malky on this and Conway isn't worthy of a place in the current team or is their stalled relationship blinkering Malky's decision?

I personally think Conway is currently in the correct place within the squad and Malky has it right. I'd hope Malky isn't the sort of person to hold grudges.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 pm

The pre season bit is spot on, I couldn't believe he didn't get called out for the line up against Huddersfield.

People are syaing he didn't take his chance vs Forest.. I went and no-one really want to go forward at all.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Been treated appalingly by MM

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Been treated appalingly by MM

Your starting to sound like the anti DJ people of a few years ago now.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Wayne S wrote:Are we with Malky on this and Conway isn't worthy of a place in the current team or is their stalled relationship blinkering Malky's decision?

I personally think Conway is currently in the correct place within the squad and Malky has it right. I'd hope Malky isn't the sort of person to hold grudges.

So you think an out of position Cowie playing on the wing ahead of Conway was the correct football decision?

Or when we had injuries bringing some 18 yo kid on loan to sit on the bench ahead of Conway was the correct football decision?

People slagged off Jones for having favourites and freezing people out well Malky is no different.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

That is my intention because I want to show them up for being the hypocrites they are.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

That is my intention because I want to show them up for being the hypocrites they are.

I see that and I get your point as I've seen the same however I don't think it's fair to judge MM on fans options of DJ.

Our fans will never be happy anyway.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:14 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Are we with Malky on this and Conway isn't worthy of a place in the current team or is their stalled relationship blinkering Malky's decision?

So you think an out of position Cowie playing on the wing ahead of Conway was the correct football decision?

Or when we had injuries bringing some 18 yo kid on loan to sit on the bench ahead of Conway was the correct football decision?

People slagged off Jones for having favourites and freezing people out well Malky is no different.

Yeah that 18 year old kid sitting on the bench was the correct footballing decision. He is a much better footballer then Conway.

Cowie playing on the wing is a bit shit, but I doubt that's anything to do with Conway. Cowie would probably be in the Barcelona team if malky was in charge.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:16 am

In my view, Conway is a good player but I'm not sure he's good enough week in week out for us. I think I prefer Noone. Bellamy and Kimbo in his position. Great to have as back up though

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:23 am

Didnt realize Frei had gone back to Fulham coz thought he was here til Dec 2nd ..... did they recall him then ? Conway is an ok player but with the current squad then his place in the pecking order is surely justified to me ,

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Frei was brought in as cover for Bellamy to give that cutting edge down the left hand side, he is a far better player than both Cowie and Conway, so you can't blame Malky for bringing him in.
This favourites rubbish from managers, just shows the people that spout it, that they have a very limited understanding of the professional game. Managers pick players over others, because they either think they can do a better job in that given situation or that the chosen player can be relied upon to carry out the managers instructions, simple as that.
I don't think Conway has been unfairly treated, he has hardly pulled up trees when he has been on the pitch, he is a decent enough player, but nothing special at this level. He should bide his time and just take his chance when it comes. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Frei was brought in as cover for Bellamy to give that cutting edge down the left hand side, he is a far better player than both Cowie and Conway, so you can't blame Malky for bringing him in.
This favourites rubbish from managers, just shows the people that spout it, that they have a very limited understanding of the professional game. Managers pick players over others, because they either think they can do a better job in that given situation or that the chosen player can be relied upon to carry out the managers instructions, simple as that.
I don't think Conway has been unfairly treated, he has hardly pulled up trees when he has been on the pitch, he is a decent enough player, but nothing special at this level. He should bide his time and just take his chance when it comes. :ayatollah:

AMEN, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:

You're right about Cowie - it's shit that he played in front of Conway.

The loaned did well though in his few appearances.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Tbh I think he should have been used more.

But all managers will have favourites no matter who the manager is, just the same as fans will have a favourite and a scapegoat.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Hope it ends well for him

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97710 :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:58 pm

He'll be on the bench Saturday I would've thought with all the injuries and Frei going back to Fulham.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came on and scored.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Frei was brought in as cover for Bellamy to give that cutting edge down the left hand side,

Yet he wasnt used even though bellamy was out LMFAO :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Frei was brought in as cover for Bellamy to give that cutting edge down the left hand side,

Yet he wasnt used even though bellamy was out LMFAO :lol:

He did come on as sub for other players while bellers was in paris with his injury :lol: