Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY & VINCENT TAN "

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

I have heard that Tan will back Malky with who ever Malky wants this January, virtually an open purse. Yes,yes everyone will say.

Now that sounds great and I am one of them calling for Malky to strengthen our squad now and this January if we really want promotion.
My only worry about any ' big spending ' is, we are £100mill in debt and its rising every week, the club is not run in my opinion on any managerial budget( I mean not just players/everything to do with the club), it feels like our club under Tan is just going all or nothing at any expense, we have a lot of players on high wages now doing nothing and I personally think quality loan players should of been brought in weeks ago.

If now Tan had changed all this debt he is creating in to equity or shares, then I would not be so worried. Now we all know Tan is very powerful and if he wanted he could virtually do what he wants to any opposition or any monies owing out. Even all of you said this, Tan could do anything he wants,he is that powerful.

I am trying to look on the bright side and believe we will go up, but so do at least 8 other clubs believe they are going up this season.

What if we fail to go up this season?

It seems no one ever thinks about that.

What do you really think will happen?

Re: " MALKY & VINCENT TAN "

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 pm

If I was Malky then Id put a cheeky bid of around £2mil in for either Graham or Sordell when the window opens :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:If I was Malky then Id put a cheeky bid of around £2mil in for either Graham or Sordell when the window opens :ayatollah:

Well you certainly won't be getting Graham for £2m :lol:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:32 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:If I was Malky then Id put a cheeky bid of around £2mil in for either Graham or Sordell when the window opens :ayatollah:

I forgot you made the decisions about who the club sell and who they buy. Silly me.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Charlie Austin it is then.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have heard that Tan will back Malky with who ever Malky wants this January, virtually an open purse. Yes,yes everyone will say.

Now that sounds great and I am one of them calling for Malky to strengthen our squad now and this January if we really want promotion.
My only worry about any ' big spending ' is, we are £100mill in debt and its rising every week, the club is not run in my opinion on any managerial budget( I mean not just players/everything to do with the club), it feels like our club under Tan is just going all or nothing at any expense, we have a lot of players on high wages now doing nothing and I personally think quality loan players should of been brought in weeks ago.

If now Tan had changed all this debt he is creating in to equity or shares, then I would not be so worried. Now we all know Tan is very powerful and if he wanted he could virtually do what he wants to any opposition or any monies owing out. Even all of you said this, Tan could do anything he wants,he is that powerful.

I am trying to look on the bright side and believe we will go up, but so do at least 8 other clubs believe they are going up this season.

I always think about it.

Thus:

This feller is a financial genius. He's going nowhere.

If we fail to go up this season, and he walks. He will lose a f*cking
fortune. Cos who, where, what is he going to get a return out of??

Remember, a big chunk of the money he has put in has gone towards
paying off Historical debt, revamping the Club, streamlining it and
gearing City for Premiership Football. Not really tangible assets as such

He cannot sell the ground.

He could get perhaps 20m for the players?

Wind the Club up? Who's going to give him his money back.

He obviously needs us to go up this season, he needs the Premiership money
and the Advertising and marketing in Asia. But if we don't... I think he'll give
it another season

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:43 pm

I always think about it.

Thus:

and the Advertising and marketing in Asia. But if we don't... I think he'll give
it another season[/quote]

Spot on. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 pm

It is pointless talking about changing debt for equity whilst the Langston loan notes are still outstanding. The Langston issue needs to be sorted and then I believe Tan will convert whatever we owe him (even if it is well over £100m) into shares.

So if we don't go up this season (and it would be a crime against Cardiff City supporters if we didn't) then I believe we would simply start again next season with another shed load of cash on players transfers/wages and that would eventually be converted into shares, Langston permitting.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Tan knows his investment is based on us reaching Prem, he has a host of potential investors that will snap up share in a Malaysian Premier League Brand(like it or not that's what we are now).

He will recoup millions, but knows he must Speculate to Accumulate (if you will).

Cardiff are in a Win Win situation .
Prem and Millions or Bust and No debt :lol: .

If it all fails Then Tan walks and we go back to doldrums and play in blue again.

If it works though :shock:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Annis you've always said teams that invest in January push on nicely towards the end of the season, lets hope that's us! Exciting times!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have heard that Tan will back Malky with who ever Malky wants this January, virtually an open purse. Yes,yes everyone will say.

Annis you cant have it both ways :lol: :lol:

Promotion wont be easy but i feel if we strengthen it depends on what other squads do aswell.
But i honestly believe that if we get to the premiership and stay there we will be a very big club :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I forgot you made the decisions about who the club sell and who they buy. Silly me.

My apologies. Of course you can pick up a 27 year old English proven Premier League goalscorer from your bitterest rivals for £2m which is only just over half what we paid for him to help you get promotion.

Silly me.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

My apologies. Of course you can pick up a 27 year old English proven Premier League goalscorer from your bitterest rivals for £2m which is only just over half what we paid for him to help you get promotion.

Silly me.

If he's not playing, over weight, out of favour, low on confidence and not a manager favourite etc etc who's to say they won't cut their losses under the new regime and after making healthy profit for the forseeable 3 or 4 years!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:45 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Annis you cant have it both ways :lol: :lol:

Promotion wont be easy but i feel if we strengthen it depends on what other squads do aswell.
But i honestly believe that if we get to the premiership and stay there we will be a very big club :ayatollah:

Jinks
:lol: True. Thats why quality loans are a good option and loan players out we dont want.

First of all lets hope we go up.
Tan is not a fool and if we fail, he wont just continue to plough money in like he is now(lending us), its being thrown at Malky.
If we dont go up, I believe, just my strong opinion, he will selling everything off, he can get his hands on to get as much money back as he can and then take a loss on the rest and call it a day. Lets hope I am wrong, JInks I am just a fan like you, but thats my honest belief.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Merlin wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Silly me.

If he's not playing, over weight, out of favour, low on confidence and not a manager favourite etc etc who's to say they won't cut their losses under the new regime and after making healthy profit for the forseeable 3 or 4 years!

Didnt you know all Swansea players are worth 15m - 20m Merlin????

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 pm

The question I would ask is:

Do people trust Malky to spend the money on the right players in the positions that need strengthening?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:09 pm

When Tan took over we had winding up ordered all over the place from loads of companies, the debt was big but it wasnt huge but still no one wanted to take us on, TG & Tan were the only ones ever interested as far as ive ever seen or read.
Lets for arguments sake say the debt was 40m when he took over, still no one was interested and we would have hit administration maybe folded.

I think the debt is at a point now where no one else will take it on, its Tan or bust so if its 70m/80/90/100/120m the only person who will bank role it will be Tan.

Every season its been said its shit or bust but I just cant see Tan walking away from it after investing so much money. Im not sure his ego would take losing either. Tan seems to be more into the actual football than ever before as well.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 pm

He will spend big and Malky will take us up and Tann will make a fortune from the advertising, looks like he is really starting to enjoy it here, I think he is really starting to enjoy being involved with out club !!!!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 pm

The answer to your what if question is simple as far as im concerned....Mackay was given the biggest war chest than any other City manager that i can recall,on top of that it would seem likely he will be given extra resources to strengthen the squad in January,now after all this investment by our owners,we still remain in the Championship(even i dont think Mackay is that incompetent to see us getting relegated)but missing the boat again, and once more being the bridesmaid,if that what happens,then i see no justification in Mackay keeping his job

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Just carrying on where Sam Hammam left off, except Tan can afford to spend it.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm

angelis49 wrote:The answer to your what if question is simple as far as im concerned....Mackay was given the biggest war chest than any other City manager that i can recall,on top of that it would seem likely he will be given extra resources to strengthen the squad in January,now after all this investment by our owners,we still remain in the Championship(even i dont think Mackay is that incompetent to see us getting relegated)but missing the boat again, and once more being the bridesmaid,if that what happens,then i see no justification in Mackay keeping his job

Last season was his first.

He was given no War Chest.

but January, Tan showed his intent by releasing funds for Sordell and Noone
We all know now that it wasnt bullshit by the Club, and we know that Malky
couldnt have done much more to try get the players.

'Missing the boat' is a bit over the top.. how about 'performing above expectations'

Malky WILL get us promoted, and all because of one masterstroke... Jordon Mutch

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm

taffyapple wrote:

I always think about it.

Thus:

it another season

Financial fairplay kicks in next season. At present Cardiff City are surely paying well over 100% of its turnover on players wages alone. We simply won't be able to do that next season,which is why I think Tan would sell the likes of Whitts,Mason,Kim,Mutch,Noone etc in order to at least cover some of his losses. I would then expect the club to be run at a massively reduced budget whilst Tan tried to sell the club on.

I do agree that he certainly wouldn't just walk away but I think he would asset strip in a big way.

Every businessman sinks money into a bad investment every now and then. I think that he would view the club as that bad investment.

(to reiterate what I posted in another thread,I don't believe that any of this is likely as the club will get promoted this year)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Dave, I know that the Financial fair play is really worrying our club.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Well,we are now into the territory where the wheels normally start to fall off.The next 2 months will define our season.Providing the majority of the players are fit I don't think it'll take massive spending to make sure we get over the line.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave, I know that the Financial fair play is really worrying our club.

Financial fair play will never come in into play as it is meant.

Excluding the germans, none of the top clubs in Europe will comply.

The shieks or Abromovitch will just sponsor the stadium name for £20 million a season.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm

He has to gain promotion to pay Hammam

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Silly me.

Why are you copying me?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Would Tan be stupid to be so open to Malky without realising the increasing debt?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Whats a few million on top of 100 million? I dont care anymore theres nothing we can do about it. As long as the debt is still managable and we are paying off our bills I'm not going to stress out over it. Its all come down to a long line of mismanagement and poor finacial decisions from way before Tan. I hold no sole blame to Tan for the debt we would be in a worse off state if he hadnt come in

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Whats a few million on top of 100 million? I dont care anymore theres nothing we can do about it. As long as the debt is still managable and we are paying off our bills I'm not going to stress out over it. Its all come down to a long line of mismanagement and poor finacial decisions from way before Tan. I hold no sole blame to Tan for the debt we would be in a worse off state if he hadnt come in

Spot on.