Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"LET'S HAVE A NON LEAGUE SIDE AWAY IN THE F.A. CUP"

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

There's not that much respect left(especially with the big clubs)for the f.a. cup these days,so i hope city draw a non-league team away.We always had some great away days like wokingham,hayes,gloucester(maurice scott)and latterly chasetown where the coverage across the country for that game was huge.It means everthing for these clubs.it's what the fa cup is all about.Anyone know which non league club we played(fa cup)when the game was stopped after the wall collapsed during the game? I was there that day but can't remember who we played!!!

Re: "LET'S HAVE A NON LEAGUE SIDE AWAY IN THE F.A. CUP"

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Wokingham

I was also there that day

magic of the FA Cup..and we needed that little stop to the game as we were losing 1-0..went on to get a 1-1 and beat them back at NP.

those were the days

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Nickerino wrote:Wokingham

I was also there that day

magic of the FA Cup..and we needed that little stop to the game as we were losing 1-0..went on to get a 1-1 and beat them back at NP.

those were the days

thanks-i remember getting off the train and everyone was in that pub outside,great atmosphere in there.someone came in and said chelsea were over the road-next minute the pub was empty!!!!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I went Woking but I wouldn't say Hayes was memorable, god awful game and result,
Remember a pub near Griffin Pk got overrun by City fans and then hell broke loose :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm

I remember Enfield away around 93 and sadly getting beaten :? :( but I agree non-league always a good crack :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

we had a terribble record against non league sides. I remember being on that temporary terrace in chasetown when they scored and one of their fans hit Kev in the head with a mouldy burger...........and i thought here we go again.Ramsey took a hold of the game then and the rest is history.........pity DJ never let him get a hold of the final :cry: