Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NO MORE LOAN SIGNINGS '

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 am

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay has hailed the loan signing of Norwich full-back Simon Lappin as “great business” for the Bluebirds.

Mackay made his move for emergency defensive cover yesterday in the wake of injuries to defenders Andrew Taylor (calf), Ben Turner (hamstring) and Kevin McNaughton (thigh).

Lappin comes straight into the squad for Saturday’s away clash against Barnsley, and it is believed he will start at left-back against the Tykes.

WalesOnline understands there will be no more loan signings before the loan window closes at 5pm today.

Speaking of Lappin, Mackay said: “He goes into the squad for Barnsley.

“He is someone who has played a lot of Championship football and played a big part on Norwich City’s promotion to the Premier League.

“He has had a bit of Premier League experience too so I’m delighted to get him.

He will be part of the squad as we head to Barnsley.

“It has been difficult. There have been a lot of clubs trying to do business but Premier League sides have been afraid of leaving themselves short.

“Simon will bolster our squad and its great business for us.”

The Bluebirds will be without their injured trio for the Barnsley trip, and they could also miss Tuesday night’s clash with Derby County.

Lappin is on loan at Cardiff until January 1 in a deal which means he will be eligible right up to the Bluebirds’ clash at Birmingham on New Year’s Day.

Under former Carrow Road boss Paul Lambert and current Norwich manager Chris Hughton, Lappin has struggled to make an impact in the top-flight.

The former Scotland under-21 international has played in just one game so far this season, the Norfolk side’s 2-1 Capital One Cup win over Scunthorpe back in August in which he also grabbed a rare goal.

Last term, Lappin made just four league appearances, but he was a regular the season before as the Canaries edged out the Bluebirds to earn automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Read more: Wales Online http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z2CwoRi9rQ

Re: NO MORE LOAN SIGNINGS

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:54 am

I got to be honest, I feel disappointed that we have not strengthened further than just the one loan signing.

It was expected that Malky was bringing two players in.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am

is that a clue carl ;)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am

carlccfc wrote:I got to be honest, I feel disappointed that we have not strengthened further than just the one loan signing.

I'd have thought that Malky hoped for at least one more as well, but if they aren't available or don't want to come, we'll have to make do with what we've got until January!

Having seen Ben Nugent and Joe Ralls step in last Saturday and heard the good reports coming out about the likes of Declan John etc., I'm not as concerned as I would have been before the Boro game!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 am

i would rather make do as well. Turner taylor and mcnaughton ont be out for long, mutch and cowie are on their way back.

lets get to Jan and bring in two permenant loan signings. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 pm

We missed out on 2. We have 2 lined up for January.
McNaughton, Taylor and Turner will be back for Sheffield Wednesday.
Also not many players in the prem weren't being loaned out or clubs weren't wanting to.
I'm not concerned about bringing some in now as we have youth players.. we have to get some youth players in if we are willing to make our own talent.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:We missed out on 2. We have 2 lined up for January.
Also not many players in the prem weren't being loaned out or clubs weren't wanting to.
I'm not concerned about bringing some in now as we have youth players.. we have to get some youth players in if we are willing to make our own talent.

You know this how? :lol: didnt realise Malky posted on here.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm

@Malky_Official :ugeek:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Paul Chuckle wrote:

It has been reported in the media that we missed out on two and Simon Lim has said we have two lined up for January.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Paul Chuckle wrote:

It has been reported in the media that we missed out on two and Simon Lim has said we have two lined up for January.

:ayatollah:

Re: ' NO MORE LOAN SIGNINGS '

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Is that pernenant signings or loans Carl?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Paul Chuckle wrote:

So we take media as a source?

Sorry, but we've been burned before. I don't believe anything unless I see them in a CCFC shirt. These players could brew a leg or anything.

So we haven't already got 2 more in January, there's a possibility.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Paul Chuckle wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Paul Chuckle wrote:

So we take media as a source?

Sorry, but we've been burned before. I don't believe anything unless I see them in a CCFC shirt. These players could brew a leg or anything.

So we haven't already got 2 more in January, there's a possibility.

This is a messageboard, we speculate, deal with it!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm

That's fine. I have no problem with it, it seems that some people are allowed opinions and some aren't though..

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:I got to be honest, I feel disappointed that we have not strengthened further than just the one loan signing.

I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us if Malky only brings one player in, still a few hours left to bring one more in

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Paul Chuckle wrote:That's fine. I have no problem with it, it seems that some people are allowed opinions and some aren't though..

You're right but your opinions are regarded as bollocks!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:29 pm

gpbluebird1927 wrote:
Paul Chuckle wrote:That's fine. I have no problem with it, it seems that some people are allowed opinions and some aren't though..

You're right but your opinions are regarded as bollocks!

Doesn't matter what you think of others opinions, it's about being able to air them without being banned :ayatollah:

I hope these two that are supposedly coming in are defenders. Yet I was delighted with Nugent's debut.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Malky is loathe to disrupt the 'group' ethic. That much is certain. None of the young defenders
will have their noses put out of joint by Lappins signing. The more experienced ones have
eyes and can see we have injury problems, so wont be put out. Midfield? obviously we are strong
in that department. Frei was an obvious message to Conway that he's surplus to requirements.

As for a striker? I can only imagine Velikonja is closer to breaking through than we all think.
Perhaps he sulked for a while? Who knows. But his attitude now 'appears' to be first class, and
Malky has hinted that he's 'almost ready'... "KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING SON, YOUR CLOSE"

Given that we are only one goal behind Palace, the highest scorers in the division, perhaps
Malky doesnt see a problem up there. Who could argue with that?

QPR went up as Champions with no less than SIX teams having scored more goals than them.

I've said this before and I'm never wrong. Its your DEFENCE that gets you promoted :D

Get that right Malky and we'll piss this division

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Agree , if we pick up another defensive injury , we're buggered , far too thin on cover since Malky's back-line clearout ! There again , if Alan State was the only one available prob best to register Malky himself !

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:19 pm

On this, I agree with you Carl.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Would have liked a better calibre of player to come in honestly and more than one at that . However with the prospect of promising youngsters coming through giving them some game time can only be good I wasn't at Boro but from reading posts on here they seem to have impressed. Would rather play aup and coming youngster who is eager to impress.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:48 pm

One loan signing and hes a midfielder. Laughable.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:14 pm

PAUL CHUCKLECOCK what an absalute tw*t pack :roll: :lol:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:58 pm

I still think we will have enough strength to stay top 2 by January. We just need to improve our away form.
Btw Carl, the two players you mentioned in Jan, do you know who they are or just know we are going to sign two players? If so possible you can kindly share?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 pm

im not too gutted to be honest... we know malky tried to bring in players, lappin probably wasnt even on his list, but they probably called many clubs to ask if any players where available and after several attempts this was an option given to them.. it was pointless bringing some players in just for the sake of bolstering numbers...

the injuries we have suffered arnt too serious across the back. i honestly thought we were struggling more at right back than left though to to be honest unless connolly goes there and nugent starts in the middle with hudson.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:52 am

Neil Warnock rang 33 clubs yesterday to get loans in and only managed Tate, 32 others said no......its a touh time to get any players in let alone a worldy like some of you expect