Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting/would you sign him?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 am

Sam Allardyce has reportedly voiced his desire to bring David Beckham to West Ham - as long as he can prove his fitness.

Re: Interesting/would you sign him?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:02 am

He's lost any pace he had but he's still a decent player. He'd put bums on seats and sell shirts so I'd take him if his wages were sensible.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:02 am

Do a similar job to the one Bellamy does for us and Giggs does for Manu theese days.Wouldn't be a week-in week-out player but while he's fit and still got the desire I think he would do a good job for anyone.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 am

Beckham has said in an interview he would never play against Man Utd for another premier league club.

So would West ham drop him for that game??

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:31 am

Of course, but he'd never come.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Beckham has said in an interview he would never play against Man Utd for another premier league club.

So would West ham drop him for that game??

:lol:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:43 am

He'd be worth signing for his crosses and passing alone.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:He'd be worth signing for his crosses and passing alone.

And the shirt sales....we would sell more than 8,000 by xmas :lol: ;)

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:He'd be worth signing for his crosses and passing alone.

And the shirt sales....we would sell more than 8,000 by xmas :lol: ;)

By tomorrow more like tony. :lol:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Of course.

Many say he's lost his pace, but that's why he's no longer a right midfielder. He plays in a central position for Galaxy, and can still hit a wonderful free kick/corner into the box.

He's a fantastic footballer. How anyone can say he isn't is beyond me. :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 pm

If the VT wanted shirts to be sold in Asia then heres your man. They love Becks out there and they would snap up anything hes connected to

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 pm

With his passing and set piece ability he doesn't need pace! I'd love it if we signed him. I reckon he still has something to offer a club at our level.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:28 pm

In a heart beat, he would play in the middle now anyway so pace isn't a huge issue, like a top of the range McPhail really.

The commercial attention and sales it would bring would be immense.

If Tan wants big things in Asia then this is the man who would do it.

Won't happen though.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Dearie me people on this thread talking like we could get him :lol:

Its no wonder the Jacks come on here fishing.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:40 pm

would be great for shirt sales of course, but would be a bit of a sideshow.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

What have we turned into!!!!!!! DB ffs he couldn't even make the olympic team and rightfully so,the guy was nothing more than an average prem player that's why Fergie offloaded him,people on here are more obsessed with selling shirts in Asia than looking at the future on the pitch.
No wonder our fans are leaving by the hundred

DISGRACEFUL :evil:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

mr.angry wrote:What have we turned into!!!!!!! DB ffs he couldn't even make the olympic team and rightfully so,the guy was nothing more than an average prem player that's why Fergie offloaded him,people on here are more obsessed with selling shirts in Asia than looking at the future on the pitch.

like the fact that you think fergie got rid of him because he was an average prem player...... where did he go after united by the way? :lol:

is that the same reason he got rid of jaap stam / roy keane?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

mr.angry wrote:What have we turned into!!!!!!! DB ffs he couldn't even make the olympic team and rightfully so,the guy was nothing more than an average prem player that's why Fergie offloaded him,people on here are more obsessed with selling shirts in Asia than looking at the future on the pitch.

Chill out mate. First off we couldnt get him even if we wanted to. He'll be going to PSG but of couse hes shit cause he coulnt make Team GB :roll: And we were just stating that you could justify his wages by the amount of revenue he could bring in just from signing for a club

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

like the fact that you think fergie got rid of him because he was an average prem player...... where did he go after united by the way? :lol:

Wrong - He went to Madrid for the same reason you lot are discussing here....shirt sales in the UK and improving the Madrid brand here,he was a bit part player there,if you think he is or was a great player you know nothing about the game.He has a great dig on him but so does Whitts and I never seen him track back or put in big tackles,take a look at some of his games again instead of pretending to know about football due to reading media hype

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:22 pm

I heard a rumour that Bellers met with him whilst he had his recent week in the U.S.
Could be nothing in it or there might be more in this to come :shock: :lol:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Former England captain playing for a welsh club? :lol:

Nah in all honesty I've never rated him.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

There's more chance of my dog playing for us then David beckham

The forum clown strikes again average players do not play for man utd Real Madrid and ac Milan 410 times.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Wrong - He went to Madrid for the same reason you lot are discussing here....shirt sales in the UK and improving the Madrid brand here,he was a bit part player there,if you think he is or was a great player you know nothing about the game.He has a great dig on him but so does Whitts and I never seen him track back or put in big tackles,take a look at some of his games again instead of pretending to know about football due to reading media hype

You my friend no nothing of football Beckham was one of the stars of the Premiership and certainly one of the best players in the world in his prime. Think back to England v Greece world cup qualifier 2001 he scored the all important equaliser in the last minute, but more than that was outstanding throughout the match. And by the way his free kicks were not "a great dig" but technique. He went to Madrid because Fergie didn't like his celebrity lifestyle.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Quality player, proven by his trophy cabinet an appearances for top class clubs.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:50 pm

redbird wrote:

You my friend no nothing of football Beckham was one of the stars of the Premiership and certainly one of the best players in the world in his prime. Think back to England v Greece world cup qualifier 2001 he scored the all important equaliser in the last minute, but more than that was outstanding throughout the match. And by the way his free kicks were not "a great dig" but technique. He went to Madrid because Fergie didn't like his celebrity lifestyle.

I Disagree

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:28 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ea-1451633

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:30 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mark-clattenburg-could-sue-chelsea-1451633

Trying to work out what the Clattenberg story has got to do with Beckham Tony? :? :)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 am

We don't even need him with the midfielders we have.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:16 am

mr.angry wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

ahhhh, the old "if you dont agree with me you know nothing about football" argument :roll:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:32 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
mr.angry wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

ahhhh, the old "if you dont agree with me you know nothing about football" argument :roll:

So I am not the first to tell you this... surprise surprise!