Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"THE BEAT"..in the globe december 14th

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:55 pm

get down there,amazing band live :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "THE BEAT"..in the globe december 14th

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes they are. How was From The Jam? I couldn't get there. Was the cute Chinese barmaid serving?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Yes they are. How was From The Jam? I couldn't get there. Was the cute Chinese barmaid serving?

they were excellent,,,,and sorry mate...cant remember the bar.....but not drinking when i go to see the beat....honest.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:14 pm

krabb wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Yes they are. How was From The Jam? I couldn't get there. Was the cute Chinese barmaid serving?

they were excellent,,,,and sorry mate...cant remember the bar.....but not drinking when i go to see the beat....honest.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Heh. If your interested, Weller is playing Westonbirt again next summer. Announced yesterday. He just gets better. Sonik Kicks is excellent. Also, get the Jam "Extras" if you don't have it. B sides,demos and alt versions. Very good. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Saw them at the top rank 1980 :old:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Saw them a couple of years ago in the globe Ranking Roger was on top form with his son alongside him :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Right then. On the night, I'm going to ask the lovely Chinese barmaid to remind me of the name of the guy who toasts for the Beat just to see how many times I can get her to say Wanking Woger. Bill. Coat.Taxi.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Right then. On the night, I'm going to ask the lovely Chinese barmaid to remind me of the name of the guy who toasts for the Beat just to see how many times I can get her to say Wanking Woger. Bill. Coat.Taxi.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 am

BOWMAN wrote:Saw them a couple of years ago in the globe Ranking Roger was on top form with his son alongside him :ayatollah:

excellent night :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:Right then. On the night, I'm going to ask the lovely Chinese barmaid to remind me of the name of the guy who toasts for the Beat just to see how many times I can get her to say Wanking Woger. Bill. Coat.Taxi.

hopefully a taxi for 2... :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 am

placid-casual wrote:Saw them at the top rank 1980 :old:

Same here. I was saying to krabb the other day, I can't face going to see them now, though, nor Madness. I saw them in the Top Rank in 1980 as well.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 pm

they're still a very good live band, well worth seeing, won;t be there unfortunately... one of the greatest bands of all time--the Subhumans--are in the Hog and Hosper in Pontypool the same night, for us Rhondda boys, the old punk rock always comes before a bit of ska/reggae...

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Their definitely still worth seeing Ned. I used to watch them regularly in the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town a few years back. Bad Manners play the Globe in December also. I maybe there for the Beat perving at the pert-breasted cute Chinese barmaid. Dr Feelgood play there next Thursday and I'm giving it serious consideration. They were an amazing band in their day and it also gives me even more perv time and an opportunity deepen the UK's relationship with China. Does anybody know what's Mandarin for "I'm sorry if that hurt you love?".

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Their definitely still worth seeing Ned. I used to watch them regularly in the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town a few years back. Bad Manners play the Globe in December also. I maybe there for the Beat perving at the pert-breasted cute Chinese barmaid. Dr Feelgood play there next Thursday and I'm giving it serious consideration. They were an amazing band in their day and it also gives me even more perv time and an opportunity deepen the UK's relationship with China. Does anybody know what's Mandarin for "I'm sorry if that hurt you love?".

Dr feelgood, absolutely loved them, sadly this new version has no original members and are best avoided if you saw the classic line up back in the day...as for the Chinese barmaid, may still be worth you going...

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Dr Feelgood now a tribute act........go and watch nine below zero instead...dennis is a better front man.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Denzil wrote:Dr Feelgood now a tribute act........go and watch nine below zero instead...dennis is a better front man.

Now that's a band! F***ing superb, Nine Below Zero. Dennis Greaves is some frontman. I think I saw his other band, The Truth, once as well.