Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHY SIMON LAPPIN ???

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:04 am

I never normally doubt Malkys ability in the market but Lappin??

I'm not going to be like most on here and not give a well reasoned argument, here are the names that I'd expect from an EMERGENCY loan......

Marcelo
Kolorov
Evre
Lahm
Ashley Cole
Gael Clichey
Luis Enrique

Disgusting by Malky! Can't believe he's gone and brought in an experienced defender that's gained a promotion from this league in a time when clearly we needed one of the above or even better....nobody at all.

:roll:

#TimeToGetReal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 am

I'm fuming!!!! I expected messi, evra and villa on loan!!!!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I'm fuming!!!! I expected messi, evra and villa on loan!!!!

be no good to us, they can't play left back :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Malky too slow to act. Too quick to act.

Clueless

Thats our fans of today.

The lad is an EMERGENCY LOAN

He might not even get a game

Do you think many World Class full backs would JUMP at the chance to be a stranger
in a strange place for a few weeks. On the odd chance of a game?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

we need defenders due to the fact malkey didnt strengthen our defence in the summer after losing defenders or giving them away (naylor, gerrard, blake , keinan plus others) we only added connolly to our defence ? and it has now come back to haunt us and were scrapping around for unwanted 2nd string players .WHICH IS BAD MANAGEMENT OF OUR SQUAD BY MALKEY ! FACT . get your head out of malkeys ass and you will see that !
yes hes an emergency loan but hes also a midfielder not a full back , surely we could do better than him? we have 4/5 players in his position who are better than him allready in our squad who could fill in there . ( gunnar,kiss,cowie,mutch,ralls) plus youngster declan john who looks impressive . thats why im not really impressed with this addition hes not needed we needed a natural full back with something to prove .

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Lappin - some facts. Signed by Norwich from St Mirren for peanuts at the end of his contract. Consequently his wages were relatively high. Played nice and steady as left midfield with a sweet left foot and occasionally at left back - not his best or preferred position.

First game under then new manager Glenn Roeder was a 2-2 draw at home to rivals Ipswich. Lappin was MoM and cleared of the line in final minute. The next Friday evening was away to Plymouth and Norwich were hammered.The irrational Roeder drops Lappin and refuses to play him again (despite Norwich being desperately short of players) and would not even let him train with the first team saying his future lies elsewhere. Lappin trains with the juniors and then goes on loan to Motherwell and scores the winner against Celtic. Roeder pursues a disastrous policy for Norwich of very expensive short term loans and for every good player (Ched Evans, Leroy Lita) there are 3 useless and unmotivated ones. Roeder is sacked just before Norwich hit the drop zone and Gunn doesn't halt the slide. He does bring Lappin back into the fold and he plays really well away to Birmingham and signs anew contract. In League 1 he plays more games than any other player as Norwich gets promoted back to the Championship under Lambert. He plays occasionally the next season and even in the first season back in the Premiership - being recalled for the away match at the Emirates, he slotted back seamlessly into the line up after a long absence when Norwich earn a 3-3 draw.

His best position is probably left midfield with an overlapping full back behind him - he's always ready to drop back and cover. As a full back he is more adequate than outstanding and he doesn't pretend to be. He lacks a bit of pace but he's great at set pieces and corners - very good with long ball assists. Get behind the "King of Spain" and you have 100% commitment and a very useful, neat and tidy squad player.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Breconadventurer wrote:Lappin - some facts. Signed by Norwich from St Mirren for peanuts at the end of his contract. Consequently his wages were relatively high. Played nice and steady as left midfield with a sweet left foot and occasionally at left back - not his best or preferred position.

First game under then new manager Glenn Roeder was a 2-2 draw at home to rivals Ipswich. Lappin was MoM and cleared of the line in final minute. The next Friday evening was away to Plymouth and Norwich were hammered.The irrational Roeder drops Lappin and refuses to play him again (despite Norwich being desperately short of players) and would not even let him train with the first team saying his future lies elsewhere. Lappin trains with the juniors and then goes on loan to Motherwell and scores the winner against Celtic. Roeder pursues a disastrous policy for Norwich of very expensive short term loans and for every good player (Ched Evans, Leroy Lita) there are 3 useless and unmotivated ones. Roeder is sacked just before Norwich hit the drop zone and Gunn doesn't halt the slide. He does bring Lappin back into the fold and he plays really well away to Birmingham and signs anew contract. In League 1 he plays more games than any other player as Norwich gets promoted back to the Championship under Lambert. He plays occasionally the next season and even in the first season back in the Premiership - being recalled for the away match at the Emirates, he slotted back seamlessly into the line up after a long absence when Norwich earn a 3-3 draw.

His best position is probably left midfield with an overlapping full back behind him - he's always ready to drop back and cover. As a full back he is more adequate than outstanding and he doesn't pretend to be. He lacks a bit of pace but he's great at set pieces and corners - very good with long ball assists. Get behind the "King of Spain" and you have 100% commitment and a very useful, neat and tidy squad player.

According to Cardiff Player he is not having a good game. Almost sent off too!
I'm sure he'll improve though.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Breconadventurer wrote:Lappin - some facts. Signed by Norwich from St Mirren for peanuts at the end of his contract. Consequently his wages were relatively high. Played nice and steady as left midfield with a sweet left foot and occasionally at left back - not his best or preferred position.

According to Cardiff Player he is not having a good game. Almost sent off too!
I'm sure he'll improve though.

Sent off, won't play the next game. Typical City luck eh? :oops:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:20 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I'm fuming!!!! I expected messi, evra and villa on loan!!!!

Evra is a left back, plus apparently we needa striker. ;)

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Evra is a left back, plus apparently we needa striker. ;)

sorry I missed Evra for some reason :oops: just saw Messi and Villa and forgot the one in the middle :lol: