Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY SIMON LAPPIN ???

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Without trying to sound harsh or question malkeys decision on this guy , im struggling to see what a player who has regularly struggled to get into a norwich team even when they were in league 1apart from one season under a new manager and has only played 7 games in 2 years can bring to our side that a young hungry player like nugent or john cant ??
even playing ralls at full back who had a great game against borough and gaining him experiance would be more beneficial to our squad in the long run than a guy whos going back in january and will prob only play 2 games anyway until connolly kev and taylor are back .
a quick look through the norwich forum to find out there reaction to him and it doesnt look like they care hes a squad player who wouldnt get in the team or match day squad unless major injury problems !
not exactly excited by this loan id rather see one of our youngsters play and get match experiance by the sounds of it we got some great defenders coming through the ranks . if we had to loan somebody it should be a player capable of going in the team and keeping his place not just a quick fix !!

Re: WHY SIMON LAPPIN ???

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm

thomasblue wrote:Without trying to sound harsh or question malkeys decision on this guy , im struggling to see what a player who has regularly struggled to get into a norwich team even when they were in league 1apart from one season under a new manager and has only played 7 games in 2 years can bring to our side that a young hungry player like nugent or john cant ??
even playing ralls at full back who had a great game against borough and gaining him experiance would be more beneficial to our squad in the long run than a guy whos going back in january and will prob only play 2 games anyway until connolly kev and taylor are back .
a quick look through the norwich forum to find out there reaction to him and it doesnt look like they care hes a squad player who wouldnt get in the team or match day squad unless major injury problems !
not exactly excited by this loan id rather see one of our youngsters play and get match experiance by the sounds of it we got some great defenders coming through the ranks . if we had to loan somebody it should be a player capable of going in the team and keeping his place not just a quick fix !!

It's an emergency loan mate, who do you expect Malky to get in, Ashley Cole :lol:
and by the way you say this... 'going back in january and will prob only play 2 games anyway until connolly kev and taylor are back'
Connelly played last Saturday, was you there??
You should really think about what you say before typing it as it makes you look silly, leave the manager do his job and trust him.
I'm not taking the piss mate but just saying give this lad a chance before you judge, he could be amazing for us, you never know!
Oh and that's what an emergency loan is, a QUICK fix just in case we need him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:20 pm

thomasblue wrote:Without trying to sound harsh or question malkeys decision on this guy , im struggling to see what a player who has regularly struggled to get into a norwich team even when they were in league 1apart from one season under a new manager and has only played 7 games in 2 years can bring to our side that a young hungry player like nugent or john cant ??

But that's all it really is, a quick fix. Taylor will be back soon enough as well Turner then we'll be fine again. Until then there's Declan John and Simon Lappin.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Experienced.
Can play at left back.
Gained promotion to the PL with Norwich City - exactly what we're aiming to do this season.

What more do you want? :?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 pm

rather underwhelming signing, but we need someone in so it will do.

Question marks over weather he has the match fitness to go straight into the side, but we dont have much other options.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

People moaned Malky was to thorough and slow to bring people in.
Now he's acted fast and brought someone in.
If Malky didn't rate him or thought he would let us down he wouldn't take the risk. We all know that's not how he works.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

It's an emergency loan mate, who do you expect Malky to get in, Ashley Cole :lol:
and by the way you say this... 'going back in january and will prob only play 2 games anyway until connolly kev and taylor are back'
You should really think about what you say before typing it as it makes you look silly, leave the manager do his job and trust him.
I'm not taking the piss mate but just saying give this lad a chance before you judge, he could be amazing for us, you never know!

yes i was there and have been for many years as a season ticket holder ! i meant to say turner not connolly it was a slip of mind .i dont expect him to get ashley cole in but maybe a guy who is actually a recognised full back not a midfielder who can play there we allready have that in gunnar and ralls !
imo its not even a fix is he better than declan john ? more experianced yes but better ? is he hungry like a youngster would be ? would he do a better job than one of our def mids ? kiss,cowie,gunnarsson,ralls, mutch, ? i doubt it .
theres a reason hes only played 7 times in 2 years 3 of those cup games . i hope he comes in and does well its just id rather a recognised full back come in or bring a youngster through .

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm

milly44 wrote:People moaned Malky was to thorough and slow to bring people in.
If Malky didn't rate him or thought he would let us down he wouldn't take the risk. We all know that's not how he works.

the reason weve had to settle for players like lappin is because he WAS too slow and should have sorted it ages ago , the threat of injuries to our defence has been visible all season .

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm

thomasblue wrote:

the reason weve had to settle for players like lappin is because he WAS too slow and should have sorted it ages ago , the threat of injuries to our defence has been visible all season .

I feel the squad is plenty big enough and strong enough. He wasn't to know 3 defenders would get injured Saturday. All about opinions mate. But I'm not sure what else could be done.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm

This is so poor of Malky... Why didn't he go and get Leighton Baines :o

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 pm

milly44 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

I feel the squad is plenty big enough and strong enough. He wasn't to know 3 defenders would get injured Saturday. All about opinions mate. But I'm not sure what else could be done.

a squad looking for promotion or even fighting relegation needs more than 5 defenders in there squad !!
connolly turner hudson mcnaughton taylor ! thats not enough defenders for any team and should have been looked at before the season started no good relying on youth if your not willing to play them , even though the youngsters do look promising i believe you need at least 2 players for every position which in our team would mean 8 defenders 4 c/b 4f/b if we had those numbers we wouldnt be in this position , our defensive mids are more than capable of doing a better job than lappin hes not even a recognised left back hes predominantly a midfielder who can fill in there ! its a poor adition to the squad ill be suprised if he plays more than 1 game .

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm lost for words

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm

I've seen him play.He's ok,likes to be an overlappin fullback and get forward. :|

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Malky too slow to act. Too quick to act.

Clueless

Thats our fans of today.

The lad is an EMERGENCY LOAN

He might not even get a game

Do you think many World Class full backs would JUMP at the chance to be a stranger
in a strange place for a few weeks. On the odd chance of a game?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:56 pm

taffyapple wrote:Malky too slow to act. Too quick to act.

Clueless

Thats our fans of today.

Do you think many World Class full backs would JUMP at the chance to be a stranger

we need defenders due to the fact malkey didnt strengthen our defence in the summer after losing defenders or giving them away (naylor, gerrard, blake , keinan plus others) we only added connolly to our defence ? and it has now come back to haunt us and were scrapping around for unwanted 2nd string players .WHICH IS BAD MANAGEMENT OF OUR SQUAD BY MALKEY ! FACT . get your head out of malkeys ass and you will see that !
yes hes an emergency loan but hes also a midfielder not a full back , surely we could do better than him? we have 4/5 players in his position who are better than him allready in our squad who could fill in there . ( gunnar,kiss,cowie,mutch,ralls) plus youngster declan john who looks impressive . thats why im not really impressed with this addition hes not needed we needed a natural full back with something to prove .

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:22 pm

It is an emergency as said above, so a quick fix.
He is experienced and has scored a few goals in his career. Think he made a big mistake against us once that led to a goal.

Several teams have got promotion with older fullbacks (Harte at Reading is no great shakes).

So with cover in front of him, and he is a midfielder, it could be a good signing. Just hope he is match fit.
Probably only play when Tayolr etc are out.

Doubt he is a JLS type signing (hope not anyway).

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Yeah sack malky he should of signed Patrice evra or Ashley cole.

Some people who support Cardiff are clueless.
We signed Simon lappin because he was the best available to us. Managers of premiership clubs didn't think shittt Cardiff are missing a few defenders we better weaken our squad for them

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:38 pm

"Managers of premiership clubs didn't think shittt Cardiff are missing a few defenders we better weaken our squad for them"

This is where football has gone so wrong imo,(that and money). They have become too selfish, its all about me me me. :lol: :lol: Selfish b's.
You would have thought more would have wanted to help us out :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Reeks desparation on MM's behalf if you ask me ! someone to come in that is better than we have and will improve the team? this guy has played 7 games in the past to seasons and the Norrwich fans dont seemed to bothered either way and dont particularly have anything to say about him this could well be Malkys first turkey and no seasonal pun intended.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:14 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Reeks desparation on MM's behalf if you ask me ! someone to come in that is better than we have and will improve the team? this guy has played 7 games in the past to seasons and the Norrwich fans dont seemed to bothered either way and dont particularly have anything to say about him this could well be Malkys first turkey and no seasonal pun intended.

Well considering we are fairly desperate for defensive cover... :roll:

Norwich fans loved the guy in the season they were promoted to the Premier League, but he's fallen down the team sheet.

Right now we need cover at left back, he has experience playing there. We're also looking for promotion, and he's experienced that there.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 pm

this is what someone posted on fb about him

Adam Hunt: Norwich fan here.. Lappin is one of those players who whenever he came into the first team squad last season was consistently solid and always produces a mean cross! Can play left back or left midfield but seems like you need him in as a left back!

I'm glad MM has got some defenders in, i'd rather have someone who plays in that position than taking our players out of pos.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:27 pm

thomasblue wrote:

You know more than Malky are you a manager of a proffesional team by any chance?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Clueless

Thats our fans of today.

Someone talking sense :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Some of our fans must have had some serious head injuries :(

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:51 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Clueless

Thats our fans of today.

we need defenders due to the fact malkey didnt strengthen our defence in the summer after losing defenders or giving them away (naylor, gerrard, blake , keinan plus others) we only added connolly to our defence ? and it has now come back to haunt us and were scrapping around for unwanted 2nd string players .WHICH IS BAD MANAGEMENT OF OUR SQUAD BY MALKEY ! FACT . get your head out of malkeys ass and you will see that !
yes hes an emergency loan but hes also a midfielder not a full back , surely we could do better than him? we have 4/5 players in his position who are better than him allready in our squad who could fill in there . ( gunnar,kiss,cowie,mutch,ralls) plus youngster declan john who looks impressive . thats why im not really impressed with this addition hes not needed we needed a natural full back with something to prove .

Get your head into a f*cking dictionary

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

A lot of people asked "why joe mason" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm

stapes wrote:A lot of people asked "why joe mason" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think it is obvious Mason was only 19 years of age and their were rave reviews with a host of clubs trailing him noe Simon Lapin is another story for a start he is in the twilight of his career aged 29 and if their has been so much as one rave review about this player i must have been in a f*cking nuclear bunker for the duration of his playing career as i have not heard so much of a whisper as i have already stated this could be MM's festive turkey and i honestly believe Declean John would have sufficed and certainly would have not preformed no worse than Lapin so my head says no and unfortunately my heart also says no. :shock:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 pm

This topic is pretty laughable. Shows the idiotic side of our fans.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

Couldn't have put it better myself! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 pm

The reason Malky's had to go out and get a 'nobody' as an emergency loan now is down to the simple fact that he didn't go out during the transfer window and get a 'somebody or two' who can play in defence ! I hope that inactivity doesn't come back to haunt us !