Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN SIMON LAPPIN '

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Annis and Deano how the hell you judging a player you haven't watched play?

Taking from a few Norwich fans who tweeted me he is really rated by them and they are happy he will get game time.

Played 27 in the season they went up.

I'm judging him on having watched him in person about 30 times for St Mirren, admittedly a few years ago, and about 10 times for Norwich.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Fair enough. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Fair enough. :ayatollah:

Dando, my main disappointment is we're getting a guy who I think has played about 7 times in the last 2 years. Added to the fact that he has never been a world-beater even when he was playing more regularly means, in my opinion, that we have made a very average signing. It might be that he does a decent job when he gets a game for us. I hope he does. I just don't subscribe to the view that every signing at this stage of the season, even for a short time, is a good one as some people seem to be suggesting.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

I asked on the Norwich vital football forum, they said the following:

'He is a bit of a hero here CF ! He has an excellent cross and and can take a great free kick . I would have thought Championship is his level'

'Endorse that and he never stops working'

'Agreed with both, bloody rare footballer too'

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Not sure what people expected tbh.

Will wait and see how he performs if he plays.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Cardiff City sign Norwich City's Simon Lappin on loan

Cardiff City have signed Norwich City utility man Simon Lappin on an emergency loan until 1 January.

The 29-year-old, who can play as a left-back or in midfield, will be available for Cardiff's Championship game at Barnsley on Saturday.

The ex-Scottish Under-21 international, who started his career at St Mirren, joined Norwich for £100,000 in January.

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay has been keen to strengthen the squad following a number of injuries.

Lappin, who has played over 100 games for Norwich, spent a loan spell at Motherwell during the 2007-08 season.

He scored on his only appearance for the Canaries so far this season, in August's Capital One Cup tie against Scunthorpe.

Lappin's loan deal will run until 1 January, including the New Year's Day trip to Birmingham City.

However, under the terms of the loan, Norwich can recall Lappin after 28 eight days.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 pm

didnt he score against us from 30 odd yds when we had that useless turnball in goals??

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Welcome :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:didnt he score against us from 30 odd yds when we had that useless turnball in goals??

In 2007 Turnbull messed up a clearance and Lappin scored from 30 yards!

We went on to win 2-1 though! :D

Not being clever, I read it on vital football earlier! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Is this the best that Mackay can do...........oh dear

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 am

Can someone name me a quality player to come ON LOAN for 6 weeks?

Emergency window loans last 93 days yet we are sending him back 1st jan....hmmmmm maybe MM has someone lined up???

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 am

angelis49 wrote:Is this the best that Mackay can do...........oh dear

Yeah because his record of signings has been so bad to date :roll:

I'd love to hear who you would have brought in.

As for the Declan John debate, sorry but not for me. I'm all for younger players cutting their teeth but this is a huge season for us and I'd rather experienced players in there. I'd have Ralls there over John for now.