Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY SIGN SIMON LAPPIN '

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Left back in, now for a centre back. :ayatollah:

Cardiff City Football Club can today confirm that an emergency loan deal has been fully agreed with Norwich City for the services of defender Simon Lappin.

The loan deal is set to run until January 1st 2013, inclusive of the Birmingham City away fixture, though Norwich have the ability to recall their player after twenty eight days.

Simon is currently en-route to Cardiff and will meet up and train with the squad for the first time on Thursday morning. The 29 year old former Scotland Under 21 International will then be available for selection this Saturday for the Championship trip to Barnsley. He will wear squad number 24.

An adaptable player, Simon can play as a left back or in midfield. With defensive injury concerns this week, he is a welcome addition to the squad, while we would also like to thank Chris Hughton and Norwich City for allowing Simon to join us for this period.

Re: CITY SIGN SIMON LAPPIN ON LOAN

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:33 pm

slightly underwhelmed by this one to be honest

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm

he's left sided midfielder really, but has played left back, though only played 7 games in 2 season in any positon.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Deano1 wrote:slightly underwhelmed by this one to be honest

who were you expecting on emergency loan?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Who were you expecting? Ashley Cole? Philip Lahm?

Get real will you, he is on loan for a month and is an experienced player. Will do a job for us if required.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:53 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

who were you expecting on emergency loan?

Agree with you 100% your not going to get stars in on emergency loans. Lets hope we can get to January and buy quality for the final push to the EPL

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

rhyspect26 wrote:

Get real will you, he is on loan for a month and is an experienced player. Will do a job for us if required.

Class :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Experienced player who gained promotion to the PL with Norwich City. What more could we ask for with an emergency loan?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Anymore to come? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Never know, he might play really well for us and be available for Malky to buy in January.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Pleased with this, he's a solid Championship player and will be useful while others are out injured.

Welcome :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 pm

not really that experienced considering his age. has hardly played any football in the last few seasons.

Still we need a LB so a good signing.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

rhyspect26 wrote:

I know this player very well, and while I certainly wasn't expecting any star names, I HOPED for better than him. I hope you guys who seem happy to sign anyone just because it's a signing know better than me.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Deano1 wrote:
rhyspect26 wrote:

I know this player very well, and while I certainly wasn't expecting any star names, I HOPED for better than him. I hope you guys who seem happy to sign anyone just because it's a signing know better than me.

I have to agree with Deano, we need better and more ASAP if you are to go the Premier League.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
rhyspect26 wrote:

I have to agree with Deano, we need better and more ASAP if you are to go the Premier League.

Any replacements or new signings have to be able to go straight into the team and improve on the quality of what we already had. Otherwise the second half of the season will be just like the last 3 or 4. Short term or not.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN SIMON LAPPIN '

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:03 pm

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/simon-lappin/1086/ doesn't look that bad

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Fans looking for big name signings as emergency loans in November need to get their feet back on the ground.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Merlin wrote:Fans looking for big name signings as emergency loans in November need to get their feet back on the ground.

Well said Merlin agree totally.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Merlin wrote:Fans looking for big name signings as emergency loans in November need to get their feet back on the ground.

Agree, never gonna get any big names on an emergency loan when Malky has probably only been looking since after the Hull game so less than 2 weeks. don't know a lot about him but if he is a Left Mid/Left back he should fit in well to cover Taylor as an attacking full back, just hope he is up to it defensively!

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm

A lot of Norwich season ticket holders here in the office, and without exception all think Lappin is a very versatile player and a good guy. Always puts in a good shift.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 pm

People make me laugh, who was u expecting? dani alves or sumthing? taylor is only out for 2 games and there 2 games wgich are winniable with lappin in the side. yes we no we nees more defenders but they will come in january. When u really need big name signings, we will b fine. the lad hasnt even started yet and everyone slaggin him off.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Happier to have signed him than the window shut Thurs without us getting anybody in, he is what it says "an emergency loan".

Hopefully he settles and proves to be be better than Taylor, in which case happy days! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Id have personally liked to have seen declan john been given a chance but at lest malky hasnt dithered and got someone who at least can play left back
quite worrying that lappin hasnt played much competitive football in the last 2 years
Do norwich have a developmental team like we do?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Pleased with this, he's a decent player and I think will be good cover till January. Mind you some of the posts on here about him make me laugh :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm

No idea who is is tbh. :?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Well, can't say i've heard of him :oops:

Hope he does well though :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I agree - looks the sort of short term deal we need that will help both parties. Also, it means we don't have to rush Taylor back and risk him being out longer. Ideal. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Perhaps Malky should have asked David Kerslake to provide a list of suitable loan candidates at left back......

Football / championship managers - Not as easy in real life.

A 29 year old who has been around the block. That will do me.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
rhyspect26 wrote:

Class :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He got a point to prove to show his ability and professionalism and we should be grateful to him for helping us, better than a JET or JLS, remember those wankers?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Annis and Deano how the hell you judging a player you haven't watched play?

Taking from a few Norwich fans who tweeted me he is really rated by them and they are happy he will get game time.

Played 27 in the season they went up.