Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DECLAN JOHN...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am

Seen him play for the DVP team a few times now and he looks a great player - bombs forward, good engine and strong in the tackle.

If we need full back cover he would be a good option for the bench surely?

Re: DECLAN JOHN...

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:24 am

well we dont currently have a left back ,so playing saturday surely?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

Give the lad is chance on saturday without a doubt

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

This lad needs to be given his chance at left back as we are really short in that position, he looks quality going forward and imo he would do a job for the first team. I've seen him a few times now and he's hardly put a foot wrong, oh and he can defend too :D

Step up Malky and give this lad a go

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:well we dont currently have a left back ,so playing saturday surely?

Providing he doesn't get a loan defender in by the weekend, I can see Malky playing Connolly left back and Gunnar right back. With Nugent & Huds in the centre back positions.

Personally, I'd get Declan John at least on the bench instead of playing people out of position.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 pm

We're always short in either left back or striker. :lol:

Well give him a chance, our youngsters always do well. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 pm

looks like Malky doesn't think he is ready with Lappin signing on loan

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm

neeball wrote:looks like Malky doesn't think he is ready with Lappin signing on loan

You might be right.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Maybe he just wants to make sure he has the cover there. I imagine Lappin will start sat but wouldn't be surprised if DJ made the bench. We don't look like we have any other defenders to go on the bench, as we have Kev and Turner out.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:08 pm

ive been saying for weeks that declan john is ready ....he was man of match at northampton in the cup ....if your good enough your old enough :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 pm

completely underwhelmed with signing Lappin, not even a bit time player here in turnip land. Only games he has had are reserve, not even making the bench for first team. Would like to see youth promoted

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:completely underwhelmed with signing Lappin, not even a bit time player here in turnip land. Only games he has had are reserve, not even making the bench for first team. Would like to see youth promoted

:? wrong thread fella, we're talking about Declan John

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Think we might see connolly going in the centre lappin on the right and declan john on the left.Hope so anyway

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:48 pm

gknighty89 wrote:Think we might see connolly going in the centre lappin on the right and declan john on the left.Hope so anyway

I wouldnt mind that one bit but I can't see that happening tbh, I think Lapin on the left, Connelly on the right with Hudson and Nugent in the centre and then hopefully Declan John on the bench as cover, that's a more realistic way I think Malky will go but that's my opinion.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Another player who has also impressed me is Luke Coulson, who plays right back.

Malky could play Connolly in the centre back position, with Coulson going right back, with either Nugent/ John/ Lappin taking the left back position. I would be more comfortable with that decision, with two experienced centre backs, that would be ideal.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Another player who has also impressed me is Luke Coulson, who plays right back.

Malky could play Connolly in the centre back position, with Coulson going right back, with either Nugent/ John/ Lappin taking the left back position. I would be more comfortable with that decision, with two experienced centre backs, that would be ideal.

I wouldn't mind that either, we have actually got quite a few options, all of a sudden I'm not too worried :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:19 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:Another player who has also impressed me is Luke Coulson, who plays right back.

I wouldn't mind that either, we have actually got quite a few options, all of a sudden I'm not too worried :lol: :ayatollah:

I agree, Coulson and John have really impressed me in the development games this season. But playing away this week will be a different test.

Connolly has already played CB this season with Hudson, so with the current situation it would be ideal to have some experience to hold the middle strong, as suppose to having a weakened left side, especially with Lappin coming in whos never played with any of our players before.

No disrespect to Nugent, he did an amazing job against Boro, but for him to link up with a new player could prove difficult. Nugent could be ideal on the bench, who can cover CB and LB......but for me, Coulson could make his debut.

From bringing in Lappin, this has created a few options within the team......glad the development team is proving to be a success.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

I agree, Coulson and John have really impressed me in the development games this season. But playing away this week will be a different test.

Connolly has already played CB this season with Hudson, so with the current situation it would be ideal to have some experience to hold the middle strong, as suppose to having a weakened left side, especially with Lappin coming in whos never played with any of our players before.

No disrespect to Nugent, he did an amazing job against Boro, but for him to link up with a new player could prove difficult. Nugent could be ideal on the bench, who can cover CB and LB......but for me, Coulson could make his debut.

From bringing in Lappin, this has created a few options within the team......glad the development team is proving to be a success.

That's a good theory you have there azz and one that Malky should look at but I do trust Malky's decision and hope he makes the right choice as I'm fed up with going away to every game and losing almost all of them :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:33 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:That's a good theory you have there azz and one that Malky should look at but I do trust Malky's decision and hope he makes the right choice as I'm fed up with going away to every game and losing almost all of them :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Injuries havent helped, but if we can pick up a two points in the next two away games, I'll be happy. I know its not ideal, but if we can pick up an average of two points a game this season, that could be enough for top two, or fighting for top two.

In Malky we Trust :ayatollah:

I will try and upload the development game from this week online later.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:That's a good theory you have there azz and one that Malky should look at but I do trust Malky's decision and hope he makes the right choice as I'm fed up with going away to every game and losing almost all of them :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Injuries havent helped, but if we can pick up a two points in the next two away games, I'll be happy. I know its not ideal, but if we can pick up an average of two points a game this season, that could be enough for top two, or fighting for top two.

In Malky we Trust :ayatollah:

I will try and upload the development game from this week online later.

Thank you azz, very much appreciated