Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Development team line up tonight

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Cardiff City: Parish, Coulson, John, Kiss, Mansaray, Oshilaja, Darko, Mutch, Velikonja, McPhail, Hawkins :ayatollah:

Re: Development team line up tonight

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Cardiff City: Parish, Coulson, John, Kiss, Mansaray, Oshilaja, Darko, Mutch, Velikonja, McPhail, Hawkins :ayatollah:

Sam,
Once again, quite a strong team.

I hope Mutch comes through well. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Who is Mansaray? not a name ive noticed before?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Who is Mansaray? not a name ive noticed before?

Ibrahim Mansaray, a trialist I believe. :ayatollah:

i think he is the guy we have on trial for a few months.. defensive mid apparently :ayatollah:

Signed him until January I think

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:i think he is the guy we have on trial for a few months.. defensive mid apparently :ayatollah:

Oh yeah, I remember reading about him now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Who is Mansaray? not a name ive noticed before?

Signed from Brondby in Denmark. He chose to not renew his contract with them and try his luck in Britian instead, so he's another promising youngster we have snapped up. He's a holding midfielder. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:i think he is the guy we have on trial for a few months.. defensive mid apparently :ayatollah:

Oh yeah, I remember reading about him now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think its his first game for us aswell due to international clearance, not sure though

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm

Is Kiss playing CB then if Coulson and John are full backs? With him and Manastray/Oshilaja as well :?: Confusing formation :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Is Kiss playing CB then if Coulson and John are full backs? With him and Manastray/Oshilaja as well :?: Confusing formation :lol:

we have 4 centre mids on :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Looking at the team I think Mansaray and Oshijala will be the centre backs with John and Coulson full backs.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm

1-0 velikonja :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 pm

3-0 another for velikonja and one for mutch :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:1-0 velikonja :ayatollah:

Now 2-0, Velikonja again :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

4-0 kiss :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 pm

anyone know the final score?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Just finished 4-0.

Etien denied a hat-trick on the 89th min, due to offside!!!!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Just finished 4-0.

Azz, do you think Etien is good enough for the first time from what you've seen of him tonight and last week?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:55 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:

Azz, do you think Etien is good enough for the first time from what you've seen of him tonight and last week?

I know the opposition is not up to standard, but he is putting them away.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

SBF1 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:

I know the opposition is not up to standard, but he is putting them away.

Agree with you mate. An alternative to Mason at the moment :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I've been impressed with him in these games, he's definitely got an eye for the goal, takes his chances well.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Velikonja was good again tonight & looks ready to me.

Declan John also looks a very good prospect at left back.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 pm

How did Jordan Mutch get on. ? Did he play the full 90 minutes ?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm

PLAY VELI!!!!! IF he has a shocking few games because he 'lacks physicality' which is suposedly malky's reason for not playing him, then ill shut up. Until then though...

PLAY f*cking VELI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW PLEASE. :D

On the other hand, if he score 30 goals....ill be thinking what he started from the off.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Development or not its good he is hitting the net and its massive confidence.

If the service is right then he will clearly get goals as he will take them and when he gets 1 he always wants to get more.

At this moment we have a hungry striker knocking in goals for fun and hes on the verging of breaking in now I think.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 pm

A good confidence boost for all :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Jordon Mutch played 63 minutes :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:

Difficult question to be honest!
What I have seen so far from tonights game and last week, Etien can score goals, he gets in to great positions and times his runs intelligently. Furthermore, he was a top scorer within the Slovenian league and I can see why....his work rate and ethic seems excellent.

However, there is a reason why he isnt in the first team, its not because of his scoring ability, but more of his physical attributes (my opinion) he seems to get pushed off the ball to easily and sometimes fails to get the ball back once hes lost it, the latter probably due to striker mentality.

My overall assessment thus far of etien is, when hes called upon to first team, I wont be disappointed, hes got pace, and will chase defenders down to get the ball. I think Malky is holding him back for a reason, but I dont think hes far off first team football.

Malky held back Kim Bo and thus far we are seeing the benfits, especially with the player adjusting from J-league(asian league) football to British championship football, which is more physical.

I've only been to 3 development games, but also seen Etien in pre-season games, theres been a vast improvement since then.

Another player that should be noted as well is Luke Coulson who plays full back.....excellent in pushing up field and great defensively.

I will try and get videos uploaded on youtube from tonights game :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm

charlieduke wrote:How did Jordan Mutch get on. ? Did he play the full 90 minutes ?

Cardiff City midfielder Jordon Mutch returns to action

Midfielder Jordon Mutch played for the first time in two months as Cardiff's development team beat Colchester United 4-0.

Mutch has not featured for Cardiff's first-team since the victory over Millwall but scored in a 60 minute appearance at Cardiff City Stadium.

Manager Malky Mackay had previously said Mutch would not be rushed back into action.

"It's been a long time, but I'm thankful to be out there," Mutch said.

"I'll be back in training on Thursday and Friday, hoping to be a part of the team. I'll certainly be putting myself out there to be a part of the team when I'm in training.

"If it happens, it happens, but I want to play a part in keeping this team on a run and up there at the top end of the table.

"It's been good watching the boys win, but also frustrating as I wanted to be out there and playing. As there's nothing more I enjoy doing than playing football."

The 20-year-old midfielder joined Cardiff City on a free transfer from Birmingham City during the summer.