Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would be the best captain at the moment?

You may select 1 option

View results

Would Whttingham be a good Captain?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:07 pm

He never misses a game and he is absolute class. I'm only saying this in the light of recent speculation over Hudson's captaincy. I think Hudson did an awesome job in the last game but I just wanted to throw this out there to see what people think.

It might simply be that Whitts just wants to focus on playing football and doing what he wants. :ayatollah:

Opinions please.

Re: Would Whttingham be a good Captain?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 pm

He's perfect as he is. No need for extra pressure.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Whitts is a quality player but Hudson is a captain, Malky has said one of Whitts' weak points(or at least something they're working on) is Whitts' ability to talk and be a leader on the pitch, which he isn't doing at the moment. Being captain is about who is mroe of a leader, not who's the better player.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 pm

No we've got one already and a bloody good one at that.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

If they were to make a change I dare say he'd have to fight Bellamy for it :laugh:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 pm

No way should Mark 'Braveheart' Hudson have his captaincy given to Whittingham. If a missile was heading towards Cardiff he would put in a last ditch block and stop it killing everyone.

I can't believe anyone could even suggest a thing.ImageImageImage

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

no no no

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

OH GOD NO .......LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE , we have the best captain in the Championship by a mile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

No way should Mark 'Braveheart' Hudson have his captaincy given to Whittingham. If a missile was heading towards Cardiff he would put in a last ditch block and stop it killing everyone.

I can't believe anyone could even suggest a thing.

Well it looks pretty unanimous doesn't it, I voted for Hudson myself. I was just trying to gauge opinion and it looks like everyone believes Hudson is definitely the man for the job. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm

DamnRightIveGotTheBlues wrote:He's perfect as he is. No need for extra pressure.

this :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Whitts is not a leader and is quite shy.

Hudson without a doubt. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:51 pm

He's too laid back to be a captain, i can just imaging one of his half time team talks.. " take it easy out there lads, let's just sit back and see what happens"

Whitts must be doing the team talks for the away games !! :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Whittingham has been captain for three Championship games in the past, I believe.

Fairly sure we lost all three, too.

Hudson for me. Whittingham is a club legend without that title.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:No way should Mark 'Braveheart' Hudson have his captaincy given to Whittingham. If a missile was heading towards Cardiff he would put in a last ditch block and stop it killing everyone.

I can't believe anyone could even suggest a thing.ImageImageImage

Nathan Blake said so in his bootroom podcast on media Wales. He's really got it in for Mark Hudson....he thinks Whitts would be a better captain!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

This topic was a stupid one.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Ok so its obvious nobody thinks Whitts would be a better captain than Hudson. The question now is would he be a better captain than Bellers? :P

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

I cant imagine how Whitts could be better than Bellers really and I dont get why they are pondering it in the Echo. Or is it just me? :?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't think you need to be a shouter on the pitch to be captain but you need to do the talking off the pitch and not sure whitts has it in him.