Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEWART DOWNING

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Keen on a loan move back to Boro, according to tomorrow's Northern Echo. :shock:

He'd do pretty well in the Championship, I'm sure, but the fact Liverpool splashed out £20m on the lad still makes me chuckle.

Brenda's apparently told him he's free to leave in January. How much can they get for him now? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: STEWART DOWNING

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Everton

Done deal

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

He would tear the Championship apart to be fair, look what he did to McNaughton in the cup final.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 am

20mil on downing, 30mil on carrol, 15mil on henderson

they might aswel of just set a light to 65mil and watched it burn what a waste of bread :)

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 pm

he left villa to soon, good player its just the 20 mil price tag have made people turn on him

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Id take him here if we was in need of a winger.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 am

He was a good player before he went to Liverpool, but it's quite obvious that £20m for him was a mistake.

I think Liverpool went for good players in the summer of 2011. They were in for Phil Jones and Ashley Young among others, but it's just that Manchester United were the league champions at the time.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 am

Downing for me was MOTM - when we got beat in the carling cup final.

As i have posted before - after the match only Downing and Bellers were with our players,the rest of the Liverpool players with their fans ( maybe rightly so ) - As i said at the time respect to both players.

i hope Downing stays in the premier league,we don't need players like him going to other clubs in the championship.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:He would tear the Championship apart to be fair, look what he did to McNaughton in the cup final.

What did he do? The game finished 2–2 and we could've won it, except for a late miss by Kenny Miller, a useless penalty by Kenny Miller and some other pathetic penalties - most notably by a Scouser in a Cardiff City shirt.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:He was a good player before he went to Liverpool, but it's quite obvious that £20m for him was a mistake.

I think Liverpool went for good players in the summer of 2011. They were in for Phil Jones and Ashley Young among others, but it's just that Manchester United were the league champions at the time.

Scouser Alert

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:He would tear the Championship apart to be fair, look what he did to McNaughton in the cup final.

What did he do? The game finished 2–2 and we could've won it, except for a late miss by Kenny Miller, a useless penalty by Kenny Miller and some other pathetic penalties - most notably by a Scouser in a Cardiff City shirt.

He tore Kev a new arsehole to be fair

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

he is an average premier league player, which is fine because hes at an average premier league club.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

The stats don't lie.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

The stats don't lie.

Youre stats are about the game as a whole.

They had far more shots than us and most of their attacks come from Downing tearing Kev apart.

Luckily for us Carroll was awful and Liverpool wasteful.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

The stats don't lie.

Youre stats are about the game as a whole.

They had far more shots than us and most of their attacks come from Downing tearing Kev apart.

Luckily for us Carroll was awful and Liverpool wasteful.

Tis true, young man. I still don't rate him, though.

:D

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:He was a good player before he went to Liverpool, but it's quite obvious that £20m for him was a mistake.

Scouser Alert

I'm not a Scouser, but OK :?

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:12 pm

some players who are at best championship players. its called luck. roger johnstone being a prime example. at the end of the day. you end up where you belong :roll:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

ninianblue wrote:some players who are at best championship players. its called luck. roger johnstone being a prime example. at the end of the day. you end up where you belong :roll:

Who the heck is Roger Johnstone? :?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
ninianblue wrote:some players who are at best championship players. its called luck. roger johnstone being a prime example. at the end of the day. you end up where you belong :roll:

Who the heck is Roger Johnstone? :?

the bloke you had an affair with