Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Safe standing

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 pm

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/gallery-2

Stan Collymore just tweeted this link about safe standing in Hoffenheim! Would love 2 see the Canton like this!

Re: Safe standing

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

What a simple yet brilliant concept!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Bump

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Someone should put it to VT. Tell him he can make them red, that should persuade him.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

here's a question, if VT offered to introduce safe standing to our ground would that go a long way to forgiving him for the change to red?

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:here's a question, if VT offered to introduce safe standing to our ground would that go a long way to forgiving him for the change to red?

I think it would help. Throw in a pint ever game and he's forgiven. I think Tan is a very clever man, If he does good for the club (We will see) the colour change is a small price to pay.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm

im all for the idea of safe standing, and i genuinely believe it will make for an improved atmosphere/game experience.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 am

sitting or standing does it really matter? Just sing and support the team will get an atmosphere going?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

Apart from the grandstand and a section of the family stand the rest should be safe standing IMO.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm

What a fantastic idea! Someone needs to put this forward to VT

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am

safe standing next to the away end, if that doesnt get the place rocking, nothing will!
it be like standing in the old grange :D oh them days were good. this has to happen :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 pm

While I'm for the safe standing an will surely go along way to restoring atmosphere in grounds around the country what if someone did get seriously hurt? Wouldn't the health and safety brigade then start implementing seat belts or something on the seats? Or raise your hand to goto the loo? ... I can't see it becoming a reality anytime soon sadly

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Great idea. Now we need someone to actually get active and do something about it.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:06 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:Great idea. Now we need someone to actually get active and do something about it.

No chance of that happening at our club. No one is proactive in creating songs or stopping rebrands.