Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gypsy count 2012

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 am

We called them gypos so much that they actually started to believe it. Haha! Dumb fucks.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 am

jtc wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:Lets be honest at least our pikeys are acounted for everyone knows you are the smack head capital of Wales be proud :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is also a link on the Wales.gov website for drug related stats for both Cardiff and Swansea. I think point scoring on who's got the biggest drug problem is a bit out of order, but i can put up the link if you like. I can assure you it doesn't make for pleasant reading whichever city you're from.

evening mr daps.where you been ?i needed your help a few months back with advice on the gower :D .you were off air.the good news is nj stepped in and sorted me out with a bit of info.went to horton.superb part of the world

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Swansea. The sporting capital of Wales.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am

Cardiff travellers are just much better off and can afford more caravans, many have second homes in Pembrokeshire.
Slim pickings in Swansea has forced them out to more affluant cities unfortunately. :lol:

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:We are your Capital! Again.

How can you call that a fair result when Cardiff has 108,000 more people in it?

I bet your eyes lit up when you saw this...bet you couldn't wait to go and tell us Cardiff on the Cardiff City Forum. For that reason, I am laughing as I type this.

I hand on heart, even if we win 3 champions leagues and you are down in slum of the football league, I will never EVER, EVER,EVER post on any forums you may have for any reason what so EVER! Let alone to try and wright off years upon years of gypsy banter that has been thrown upon your inbred club.

How can you call that a fair result when Cardiff has 108,000 more people in it?

Swansea has a population of approx 240k.
Cardiff has a population of approx 340k.

That makes Cardiff approximately 1.5 times larger than Swansea in population.
Given that Swansea has a grand total of 22 gypsy caravans, and based on your logic that population determines the ratio of pikeys in each of the respective cities, that would mean Cardiff has approximately 33 gypsy caravans. It doesn't. It has 167! A ratio of nearly 8:1.
As we've already established, the ratio based on population is more like 3:2.

So in conclusion... You're talking bollocks!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:I know I should ignore this but........thought he should read one of his more 'enlightened' exiles on the facts and reality that underpins Swansea as the Homeless Capital of Wales. There was a recent 3 part BBC documentary on this , solely focussing on Swansea. Even worse, its now a beacon in the UK for those who choose this lifestyle and also for the benefit quangos to support it. Not good.

http://jacothenorth.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... ansea.html

All the facts and links are there. Makes for a sad read. At least the footy must be a distraction.

Did you bother to read it?

Watching the programme last Monday I was struck by the fact that few, perhaps none, of those telling their stories were actually from Swansea. There were men from other parts of Wales, an Englishman, an Irishwoman and some Romanians.

Yes. Did you manage to understand it? Read it s-l-o-w-l-y. After all, at least you've got the time. All day and night while the rest of us fund your benefits.

Well I've read it at regular speed, and I've read it s-l-o-w-l-y. Makes no difference. If you intended this story to somehow paint Swansea in a bad light you've misjudged it I'm afraid. If anything it suggests to me that us jacks look after people who are down on their luck. Whether it be our own, or people from outside Swansea. Are you suggesting that this is a bad thing?

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

There the official site figures, if you include the set which had stopped up camp on amazon over flow car park, there are also 2 sets off fforest fach. South glamorgan no longer has unofficial set where as Swansea and Llanelli have a number of unofficial sets, 1 near the steel works in Llanelli also 1 along the coast road. Swansea also has 1 on the old dock road.
Newport county also has a number of unofficial sets off the southern distributer road.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Miller time wrote:There the official site figures, if you include the set which had stopped up camp on amazon over flow car park, there are also 2 sets off fforest fach. South glamorgan no longer has unofficial set where as Swansea and Llanelli have a number of unofficial sets, 1 near the steel works in Llanelli also 1 along the coast road. Swansea also has 1 on the old dock road.
Newport county also has a number of unofficial sets off the southern distributer road.

These stats are published on a bi-annual basis, so of course they won't include any caravans that have rolled into town of late. That goes for both cities. What these stats do provide however, is an overall picture of how many pikeys occupy each city. The overall picture is quite clear to me. Cardiff is crawling with 'em!
Ps, you seem to be very clued up on all things gypsy related. You're not one of the aforementioned 167 are you??

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm

No my wife works at the assembly in Cardiff Bay. Lamby way has 102 statics at anyone time, the reason Swansea have a much smaller site than Cardiff. Swansea has more of a problem with caravans turning up in the middle of the night or moving from site to site. All the travelers in Cardiff are on managed sites where as in Swansea over 60% are on no fixed sites.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Magic daps wrote:
Miller time wrote:There the official site figures, if you include the set which had stopped up camp on amazon over flow car park, there are also 2 sets off fforest fach. South glamorgan no longer has unofficial set where as Swansea and Llanelli have a number of unofficial sets, 1 near the steel works in Llanelli also 1 along the coast road. Swansea also has 1 on the old dock road.

These stats are published on a bi-annual basis, so of course they won't include any caravans that have rolled into town of late. That goes for both cities. What these stats do provide however, is an overall picture of how many pikeys occupy each city. The overall picture is quite clear to me. Cardiff is crawling with 'em!
Ps, you seem to be very clued up on all things gypsy related. You're not one of the aforementioned 167 are you??

Glad you said these stats are only official ones, because I was just about to say how many caravans are behind asda in morriston :o now let's be serious about these stats and include ALL gypo's, official and unofficial :) I don't mind them me, as long as they behave ;)

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Magic daps wrote:
jtc wrote:
Magic daps wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:Lets be honest at least our pikeys are acounted for everyone knows you are the smack head capital of Wales be proud :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is also a link on the Wales.gov website for drug related stats for both Cardiff and Swansea. I think point scoring on who's got the biggest drug problem is a bit out of order, but i can put up the link if you like. I can assure you it doesn't make for pleasant reading whichever city you're from.

evening mr daps.where you been ?i needed your help a few months back with advice on the gower :D .you were off air.the good news is nj stepped in and sorted me out with a bit of info.went to horton.superb part of the world

So glad you enjoyed your stay in Swansea. The sporting capital of Wales.

The sporting capital of Wales? :lol: you have a good football team, that's it :lol:

It's better to be the actual capital of Wales, something you're clearly jealous of :D

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

Miller time wrote:No my wife works at the assembly in Cardiff Bay. Lamby way has 102 statics at anyone time, the reason Swansea have a much smaller site than Cardiff. Swansea has more of a problem with caravans turning up in the middle of the night or moving from site to site. All the travelers in Cardiff are on managed sites where as in Swansea over 60% are on no fixed sites.

Im sorry to differ with you, but take another look at the report. You state that "in Swansea over 60% are on no fixed site" and yet the stats for previous 18 months are as follows....

Unauthorised caravans for Swansea (Jan 2011-July 2012) = 34
Unauthorised caravans for Cardiff (Jan 2011-July 2012) = 34

In other words, there are the same number of "unoffical" gypsy's in both cities. Problem is for you lot is that there are 8 times more "official" pikeys in your city than there are in mine.

What an inconvenient truth, and an even more unfortunate coincidence for you to have to swallow. :lol:

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 pm

So you've taken the 'pikey/gypo' chants literally?

Ummm...

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:16 pm

OhhhGa wrote:So you've taken the 'pikey/gypo' chants literally?

Ummm...

Not really. If you'd chanted "our jumpers are more expensive that your jumpers" I'd have agreed, coz that would make you a complete chump. However, I always found the "gypo" chant a little ironic, seeing as it is cardiiff that is riddled with the pikey tinkers. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm

It seems magic daps is getting a little obsessed with his gypo stats. Bless :lol:

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:It seems magic daps is getting a little obsessed with his gypo stats. Bless :lol:

The only gypo stat that I'm interested in is you've got a shit load more of them than us. :P

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 am

"Gypsy Count 2012" - Is this Swansea's version of Autumnwatch. And its backed it up stats! :lol:

And you've gotta love this...."If anything it suggests to me that us jacks look after people who are down on their luck. Whether it be our own, or people from outside Swansea. Are you suggesting that this is a bad thing?".Oh, the irony! Tragic Flaps has nothing more productive to do than post caravan stats. Priceless! :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:06 am

where do u think the gower is then if its not in swansea the my old china.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am

Magic daps wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:It seems magic daps is getting a little obsessed with his gypo stats. Bless :lol:

The only gypo stat that I'm interested in is you've got a shit load more of them than us. :P

You just dont get it do you? Let me keep it really simple for you - do your precious stats class all swans fans as gypos? If not then how can we believe them? :D :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Magic daps wrote:

You just dont get it do you? Let me keep it really simple for you - do your precious stats class all swans fans as gypos? If not then how can we believe them? :D :ayatollah:

I get it. I really do. What you are trying to tell me is you call us gypo's because you've got more fans wearing those really expensive burberry caps, whereas our fans can only afford regular nike or adidas :lol:
What you seem to forget is the majority of your fans are from the Rhondda valley. A fashion Mecca it is not!

It must really stick in your throat, that after all these years of throwing pikey insults, it is infact your city that is infested with them, and those that don't live in Cardiff itself reside in depressing shacks in shanty towns up the Rhondda valley.Tough to take i should imagine, so you thought lets give the jacks the gypo tag to make us feel a bit better about ourselves :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Magic daps wrote:Gentlemen and scholar's,
Here is a link to the latest statistics from the Welsh assemby government on the annual gypsy and traveller caravan count....

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/statistics/201 ... 2012en.pdf

Swansea caravan count is up from 16 to 22.
Cardiff caravan count is up from 129 to 167.

Therefore i can announce that Cardiff remains the pikey capital of Wales.

In fairness Cardiff is a much bigger place than Swansea so chances are there would be more.

Whats with your signature too - You've obviously never looked at a map (probably don't have maps in Swansea) but the Gower is nowhere near Swansea lol. Thats like saying the Brecon Beacons is part of Newport, it is a Newport post code after all. I don't blame you mind, if I lived in Swansea I would try to make it sound better too! :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

T1JMO wrote:
Here is a link to the latest statistics from the Welsh assemby government on the annual gypsy and traveller caravan count....

In fairness Cardiff is a much bigger place than Swansea so chances are there would be more.

Whats with your signature too - You've obviously never looked at a map (probably don't have maps in Swansea) but the Gower is nowhere near Swansea lol. Thats like saying the Brecon Beacons is part of Newport, it is a Newport post code after all. I don't blame you mind, if I lived in Swansea I would try to make it sound better too! :ayatollah:

Nowhere near Swansea eh?
Then how do you explain this......?

Taken from the official City and County of Swansea's website...

Physical DescriptionThe new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.
Extending from Rhossili Down at the western edge of the Gower Peninsula to Kilvey Hill, Crymlyn Bog and the slopes of the Drummau Mountain on the eastern border with Neath Port Talbot; and from Mumbles Head and the sweep of Swansea Bay in the south to the 1200 ft. ridge of Mynydd y Gwair overlooking the Amman Valley in the north, the new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.

The City and County can be broadly divided into 4 physical areas. In the north, the Lliw Uplands present an open moorland feature; the Gower Peninsula in the west, a rural landscape with contrasting coasts and a collection of small villages; the urban and suburban centre stretching from Swansea to Gorseinon and Pontarddulais; and the coastal strip around Swansea Bay, no more than 2 miles in width.
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=139

Taken from Martin Caton's (M.P for Gower) website...

Gower is an astonishingly diverse constituency comprising the old fishing village and seaside resort of Mumbles and its invirons to the south of Swansea city centre; the Gower peninsula to its west, the first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Britain and to the north-west and north the Lliw Vlley region has a rich industrial history grounded in coal and steel. Some 76,000 people live in Gower and its population gre by 1.7% between 2001 and 2004. These make up around 31,300 households. The Constituency lies entirely within the borders of the City & County of Swansea. It is by far the biggest Parliamentary constituency of the three that make up the local authority and also has the largest electorate (approx 61,700). About 23% of the population is of retirement age.
http://www.martin-caton.co.uk/working_hard_for_you

Still reckon Gower is nowhere near Swansea T1JMO?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 pm

T1JMO wrote:

It's approximately 1.5 times larger in population of with around 340,000, as opposed to around 240,000 in Swansea. Yet it has 8 times the number of pikeys.

Try again old boy.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Magic daps wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Nowhere near Swansea eh?
Then how do you explain this......?

Taken from the official City and County of Swansea's website...

Physical DescriptionThe new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.
Extending from Rhossili Down at the western edge of the Gower Peninsula to Kilvey Hill, Crymlyn Bog and the slopes of the Drummau Mountain on the eastern border with Neath Port Talbot; and from Mumbles Head and the sweep of Swansea Bay in the south to the 1200 ft. ridge of Mynydd y Gwair overlooking the Amman Valley in the north, the new City and County covers an area of 378 square kilometres (146 square miles), about 2% of the area of Wales.

The City and County can be broadly divided into 4 physical areas. In the north, the Lliw Uplands present an open moorland feature; the Gower Peninsula in the west, a rural landscape with contrasting coasts and a collection of small villages; the urban and suburban centre stretching from Swansea to Gorseinon and Pontarddulais; and the coastal strip around Swansea Bay, no more than 2 miles in width.
http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=139

Taken from Martin Caton's (M.P for Gower) website...

Gower is an astonishingly diverse constituency comprising the old fishing village and seaside resort of Mumbles and its invirons to the south of Swansea city centre; the Gower peninsula to its west, the first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Britain and to the north-west and north the Lliw Vlley region has a rich industrial history grounded in coal and steel. Some 76,000 people live in Gower and its population gre by 1.7% between 2001 and 2004. These make up around 31,300 households. The Constituency lies entirely within the borders of the City & County of Swansea. It is by far the biggest Parliamentary constituency of the three that make up the local authority and also has the largest electorate (approx 61,700). About 23% of the population is of retirement age.
http://www.martin-caton.co.uk/working_hard_for_you

Still reckon Gower is nowhere near Swansea T1JMO?

1,000,000% the Gower is not f*cking Swansea mate, get over your self. I don't blame you mind because Swansea is shit but the Gower it quite nice, I can see what your doing there ;)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Just shows even the gyppo's would rather live in Cardiff than swansea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 pm

T1JMO wrote:
1,000,000% the Gower is not f*cking Swansea mate, get over your self. I don't blame you mind because Swansea is shit but the Gower it quite nice, I can see what your doing there

So James from Newport,
Did you read the links I posted?

Are you saying that Martin Caton's (M.P for Gower) doesn't know where his own constituency is? :lol:

I'll post it again..

The Constituency lies entirely within the borders of the City & County of Swansea

You're still going to deny it aren't you? Even though it makes you look stupid, you're still going to deny it. :oops: :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Ben wrote:Just shows even the gyppo's would rather live in Cardiff than swansea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correct. Cardiff reminds them of the Irish slums from whence they came. :P

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Magic daps wrote:
Ben wrote:Just shows even the gyppo's would rather live in Cardiff than swansea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cardiff fans started calling Swansea fans Gypo's because of the resemblance to them and not because of the amount in their town (at the time)

Also, I know of a few people living on the Gower who will categorically deny they are living in Swansea.
Try telling the people of the Gower they live in a City. Yeah, right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Comes to something when even the Gypsies prefer to live in Cardiff!!

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:14 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Magic daps wrote:

Cardiff fans started calling Swansea fans Gypo's because of the resemblance to them and not because of the amount in their town (at the time)

Also, I know of a few people living on the Gower who will categorically deny they are living in Swansea.
Try telling the people of the Gower they live in a City. Yeah, right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They can deny it all they want. Fact is, if they live down the Gower they are part of the city and county of Swansea.
I should know, I lived down the Gower for the first 28yrs of my life.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:23 pm

magicdaps seems to be very bitter about hailing from the scruffy, deprived end of south wales. he'd be better off moving further east for a better life.