Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TAYLOR SIGNS NEW CONTRACT AT CITY "

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 am

Cardiff City Football Club can today announce that Andrew Taylor has signed a new deal, keeping the 26 year old at the Club until 2016. The former Middlesbrough defender has been a regular under Malky Mackay and continues to impress this season as one of our ever present squad members in the league.

Of the deal Malky Mackay said, “Andrew is one of those players who sometimes goes under the radar when it comes to making headlines, but he is always one of the first names on the teamsheet for me and has been utterly consistent in his attitude, application and performance since he joined us almost eighteen months ago.

“He is one of the guys I know I can absolutely count on week in, week out, so I was really pleased that he is as happy with us as we are with him. Thanks to Andrew and his representatives for working with us to make it a relatively straight forward process.”

Re: " TAYLOR SIGNS NEW CONTRACT AT CITY "

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 am

Seems as if MM is building a squad of fairly young players on long term contracts.
Can only be good for the future.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 am

Can't see him being a first choice LB in the premier league :ayatollah: though

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:03 am

moonboots wrote:Can't see him being a first choice LB in the premier league :ayatollah: though

he is a fair way off that level but very consistent for us at the moment,at home anyway

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 am

As Malky says......always consistent!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am

Our weakest link, dreadful news. :(

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm

glammy74 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/taylor-pens-new-city-deal-489283.aspx

Of the deal Malky Mackay said, “Andrew is one of those players who sometimes goes under the radar when it comes to making headlines, but he is always one of the first names on the teamsheet for me :o :shock: and has been utterly consistent in his attitude, application and performance since he joined us almost eighteen months ago. :shock: :roll:

he must be talking about a different Andrew Taylor to us :lol:
Personally I don't think he is up to it but I still support him as long as he plays for Cardiff City

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Terrible, awful decision by Malky, rewarding one of his "untouchables".
Let me guess, Cowie next, then perhaps Steve McPhail.

The Taylor we see each week, is one of the weakest , sorry I'll correct that... the weakest position in the whole team.

Nice guy or not, definitely not Prem standard so offering a contract until 2016 is just daft.
He'll be another Capaldi, sitting on the bench next few seasons picking up £££££.

The rollercoaster ride that is CCAFC.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Left back is an unbelievably hard position to full so delighted with the news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 pm

good news :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Why is there so much hate for Taylor? He was great for us last season, up there with Whitts and Hudson. I know he's been a bit rocky, but who else would you have? Left back is a very difficult position, believe me

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

bring in declan john far better :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

He was consistently very good for us last season,barely put a foot wrong
This season hes struggled at times though
I hope the new contract and lack of competiton at left back doesnt make taylor complacent

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Can't defend,can't attack,crossing woeful

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm not a huge fan of taylor, but as Luke mentioned, its a hard roll to fill and be 100% confident that the position is reliable and covered!

He backs off way too much for me, goes missing when pushes up field, and loses the ball in attacking positions, and either passes back to keeper or backwards when under pressure, instead of trying to create space and get down the wing.
He fannies out of the BIG tackles, and gets nervous when fast strong wingers are steaming towards him.

However, at home in the league he has been consistent enough in that position to warrant a starting position... and without suitable and valuable cover, it stays that way away from home too.

Hopefully though, after reading this - he will have a point to prove and become player of the season! ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Is Taylor good enough for the Premier League?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is Taylor good enough for the Premier League?

From my perspective, its not about the individual, but a team performance. We have had individual players in the past, with the likes of Chopra and Bothroyd who were touted as premier league quality, but really didnt make a step up with their respective teams.

Granted, Taylor isnt a premier player, but what hes brought to us is some kind of consistency at left back, which we have been struggling for prior to his arrival. However, I believe the main concern for Cardiff City is to get out of the championship with the resources at hand, then plan ahead for future recruitment as the budget would have to be re-adjusted according to our aims and objectives for the future season.

Another question which can be asked, is Malky a premier manager?

Everyones opinion differ, but what I have enjoyed seeing from Malky and the team this season and last, is the 100% work ethic and the willingness to learn from their mistakes, both players and coaching staff.

So my answer would be, as long as the players and coaches put 100% effort in their job, then surely they can be preimer quality.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

One of the most overly criticised players on here. Solid, unspectacular & robust.

Not as good as Cashley Cole or Baines- but lets get real. Noone, Ince & Phillips has been toying with some of the fullbacks in this division- did any of them destroy Taylor recently ?

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Mcfail next what then rudy for another four year deal :shock:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Mcfail next what then rudy for another four year deal :shock:

mcphail( i think hes earnt the right to be called by his actual name) should get a one year extension if he has put his fitness woes behind him(which i doubt unfortunately)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Is Taylor good enough for the Premier League?

youd have to say no
but did we think the likes of nthan dyer,neil taylor,grant holt etc were?
hopefully ndrew Taylor gets the chance to prove me wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 pm

llan bluebird wrote:One of the most overly criticised players on here. Solid, unspectacular & robust.

Not as good as Cashley Cole or Baines- but lets get real. Noone, Ince & Phillips has been toying with some of the fullbacks in this division- did any of them destroy Taylor recently ?

nooney gave taylor massive grief when he came off the bench for brighon this season
but you make a good point hes usually very soild against the dangerme in the division

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:One of the most overly criticised players on here. Solid, unspectacular & robust.

He cant man mark to save his f*cking life,hes alright going forward but his priority is to defend,which he cant :evil: :evil:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Mcfail next what then rudy for another four year deal :shock:

Be quiet you cretin

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 pm

horse_face wrote:Our weakest link, dreadful news. :(

Stop embarrassing yourself

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm

CantonJack wrote:Why is there so much hate for Taylor? He was great for us last season, up there with Whitts and Hudson. I know he's been a bit rocky, but who else would you have? Left back is a very difficult position, believe me

Great post

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Our weakest link by a mile gets caught wanting and has no pace.

Needs competition for the
shirt

Not a fan sorry

:ayatollah:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

nooney gave taylor massive grief when he came off the bench for brighon this season
but you make a good point hes usually very soild against the dangerme in the division

Noone gives a lot of fullback a torrid time.
I've seen very few good fullbacks this season if I'm honest.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20358330

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Andrew Taylor joined us as a left back who defends, and 1 who's more comfortable in getting forward and can deliver a wicked cross! Lol(hate this abbreviation)! First few games he did just this, and I thought......Wot a peach!! Since then, lack of confidence, who knows! He doesn't carry the ball, looks nervous in possession and he most certainly doesn't add talent to our squad.
I want him to do well. He looks as though he cares and wants to improve and do well.