Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poor tactically today

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm on my way home and sat on train thinking about todays game. The first 20 minutes we played really well with Kimbo and Noone lively. We could easily have been 2 or 3 up and Noone should have been awarded a pen. Suddenly Hull get the ball and start playing and using full width of pitch. We couldn't cope with this because Noone when he's on the right naturally tucks in and Kimbo doe
s the same on the left. This enabled Hull to retain possession. In my opinion (and I'm no coach) Malky should have switched the wide players particularly as gunnarrsson had moved to right back and having a natural right sider in front would have helped.

Playing Noone on right for short spells is great as his pace and ability to cut in creates chances. However it does get predictable which is why it needs mixing up.

I can't fault the players commitment and desire and whilst I'm delighted with the 3 points a better team than Hull would have punished us.

Re: Poor tactically today

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Always somebody moaning after a win :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Tactics wasnt the problem, Kiss was and it was addressed at half time

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Tactics wasnt the problem, Kiss was and it was addressed at half time

Kiss went off injured craig and what happend after the 25th min carryed on in the 2nd half for long spells :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:47 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Always somebody moaning after a win :lol: :ayatollah:

I'm delighted with 3pts but it could have been more comfortable if MM is prepared to change tactics. Malky has done a great job but he must be flexible.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

They are 4th, we are 3rd not many better teams coming

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I'm on my way home and sat on train thinking about todays game. The first 20 minutes we played really well with Kimbo and Noone lively. We could easily have been 2 or 3 up and Noone should have been awarded a pen. Suddenly Hull get the ball and start playing and using full width of pitch. We couldn't cope with this because Noone when he's on the right naturally tucks in and Kimbo doe
s the same on the left. This enabled Hull to retain possession. In my opinion (and I'm no coach) Malky should have switched the wide players particularly as gunnarrsson had moved to right back and having a natural right sider in front would have helped.

Playing Noone on right for short spells is great as his pace and ability to cut in creates chances. However it does get predictable which is why it needs mixing up.

I can't fault the players commitment and desire and whilst I'm delighted with the 3 points a better team than Hull would have punished us.

Nothing more than to say , Your Right!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Tactics wasnt the problem, Kiss was and it was addressed at half time

Kiss went off injured craig and what happend after the 25th min carryed on in the 2nd half for long spells :ayatollah:

If kiss went off injured why was he sat alone for 20 minutes with his head in his hands after coming off...meeting with the gaffer monday, tut tut. (in fairness to kiss, he hasn't played any football in months, not even with the dev squad and he was chucked in the deep end, poor management)

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:06 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

U saw a different game to me then as second half we were quite comfortable without creating much, they had 2 shots whole game

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I think people are being over critical tbh.

Hull are a good team on a good run of results and we limited them to next to no chances and had a number of chances ourselves. It wasn't free flowing but it's 3 points and 3 points we thoroughly deserved

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think people are being over critical tbh.

Hull are a good team on a good run of results and we limited them to next to no chances and had a number of chances ourselves. It wasn't free flowing but it's 3 points and 3 points we thoroughly deserved

agree 100% hull are a decent team on a good run, im sure people think we should be beating everyone 4-0

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:09 pm

The Douce wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

If kiss went off injured why was he sat alone for 20 minutes with his head in his hands after coming off...meeting with the gaffer monday, tut tut. (in fairness to kiss, he hasn't played any football in months, not even with the dev squad and he was chucked in the deep end, poor management)

Poor management? Players should be ready at a moments notice and not look that out of place. Only reason MM said he was injured was to save him further embarrassment

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 pm

You think its reasonable to not have played since the first game of the season and then get chucked on out of the blue and be expected to dominate the midfield? Should have at least been given time with the dev squad... poor player management

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Anyway Joe Ralls took his chance well today.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:14 pm

The Douce wrote:You think its reasonable to not have played since the first game of the season and then get chucked on out of the blue and be expected to dominate the midfield? Should have at least been given time with the dev squad... poor player management

Just because you type in bold doesnt mean your right. Players should be ready, kiss looked like he didnt have a clue. His positioning was woeful.....hence he was substituted. Ralls hasnt played in first team for longer than kiss....he did fine

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Spot on, Hull only really had a dominant spell for the last 20-25 mins of the first half when Kiss was off the pace, second to the loose balls, giving possession away and switching off to not track the runners. We were the better team second half when Ralls came on. Kiss was outstanding in pre season and I hope his poor performance today was because of his muscle injury. How the OP can slate Malky's tactics when we was the better team for the majority of the game is bizarre to say the least.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

McNaughton, Conally, Bellamy, Mutch, Smith and Maynard all injured Hudson 1 yellow away from a ban. Got 3 points, and people complain. The idiocy of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
The Douce wrote:You think its reasonable to not have played since the first game of the season and then get chucked on out of the blue and be expected to dominate the midfield? Should have at least been given time with the dev squad... poor player management

Just because you type in bold doesnt mean your right. Players should be ready, kiss looked like he didnt have a clue. His positioning was woeful.....hence he was substituted. Ralls hasnt played in first team for longer than kiss....he did fine

1 - Lol what has typing in bold got to do with anything?
2 - Ralls has been playing in the dev squad.
3 - I'm not denying that he played shit, because he did. The point I'm making is that I can understand why he looked so lost, he was thrown in the deep end big time today, unfortunately for him he couldn't take his chance. I think all players should be told if they have a chance of involvement so they can mentally prepare. He should have at least had some game time recently.
4 - Just because you don't use bold doesn't mean you're wrong, you're wrong because you're stupid.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:30 pm

The Douce wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

1 - Lol what has typing in bold got to do with anything?
2 - Ralls has been playing in the dev squad.
3 - I'm not denying that he played shit, because he did. The point I'm making is that I can understand why he looked so lost, he was thrown in the deep end big time today, unfortunately for him he couldn't take his chance. [b]I think all players should be told if they have a chance of involvement so they can mentally prepare.
He should have at least had some game time recently.
4 - Just because you don't use bold doesn't mean you're wrong, you're wrong because you're stupid. [/b]

I would have thought being named as a substitute would have given that away!

So, if you dont type in bold to prove your right, you just do it for attention. As for calling me stupid, well im not the one who believes players named as a substitute need to be told seperately they might play and to be prepared :lol:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:40 pm

I meant more than the 1 hour before ko warning he probably had after he saw the team sheet. Because he certainly wasn't told yesterday. If you're kiss, and you haven't been given any game time in months, would you honestly think you were going to play over Cowie, Frei, conway... even Nugent had a better shout he can cover RB, wouldn't have had to play aaron there then either.

Iuno why Bold upsets you all so much on this site.. Maybe i'll do this from now on and blow your minds

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 pm

The Douce wrote:I meant more than the 1 hour before ko warning he probably had after he saw the team sheet. Because he certainly wasn't told yesterday. If you're kiss, and you haven't been given any game time in months, would you honestly think you were going to play over Cowie, Frei, conway... even Nugent had a better shout he can cover RB, wouldn't have had to play aaron there then either.

Iuno why Bold upsets you all so much on this site.. Maybe i'll do this from now on and blow your minds

like i said, if a players is not prepared then he is being unprofessional, not the manager........

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I'm on my way home and sat on train thinking about todays game. The first 20 minutes we played really well with Kimbo and Noone lively. We could easily have been 2 or 3 up and Noone should have been awarded a pen. Suddenly Hull get the ball and start playing and using full width of pitch. We couldn't cope with this because Noone when he's on the right naturally tucks in and Kimbo doe

Gareth, I thought we played well and should of won 4/5 nil.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96853 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Ive drunk a lot of pints and taken a fair amount of illegal sbstances but I thpught Kiss wad injured???

What did he do so wrong to be subbed ad a sub? At HT?!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 pm

RFMH wrote:McNaughton, Conally, Bellamy, Mutch, Smith and Maynard all injured Hudson 1 yellow away from a ban. Got 3 points, and people complain. The idiocy of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

I have got to agree with this. Personally i thought malky got it spot on today. I knew Hull would play 3 in the middle and i was worried how we would cope with this but tucking the wingers in when we didn't have the ball made us comfortable and we controlled the game. His only mistake was bringing on Kiss (but if i was manager that would have I been the change i would have made cos i thought ralls would have been too weak with 3 other light weight players in Whitts, Noone and Kim) but he noticed very quickly how off the pace Kiss was and substituted him after 20 minutes. THIS WAS A HUGELY BRAVE DECISION YET MALKY WILL HAVE NO PRAISE OFF MOST ON HERE!

He brought on Ralls and we quickly seized the initiative again and dominated. That second goal was superb, a fantastic cross and a great diving header.

Hull were a good side yet we showed that with half a team out we still have nothing to fear in this division. All that is left is to sort out our away form :? :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Ive drunk a lot of pints and taken a fair amount of illegal sbstances but I thpught Kiss wad injured???

He was unbelievably off the pace mate. Malky saved the 3 points for us by taking him off.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:03 pm

A little bit harsh imo, thought other than a 15 minute spell in the first half towards the end we played them off the park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Ive drunk a lot of pints and taken a fair amount of illegal sbstances but I thpught Kiss wad injured???

He was unbelievably off the pace mate. Malky saved the 3 points for us by taking him off.

Fair enough. I just thought we was so in control I didnt even notice.

I thought Hull were garbage. Wr werent great but we cruised it today.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Ffs a better Side would have beat us? They won5 out 6 ..........4th in league fact is we made them look ordinary its that simple.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:24 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Is that injured or 'injured'?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

subbuteoman wrote:

A little bit harsh imo, thought other than a 15 minute spell in the first half towards the end we played them off the park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Maybe it is harsh but the last 20 of 1st half and 1st 15 of 2nd we were 2nd best and i feel that malky should have swapped it around. However we got the 3 points which is what we all wanted.