Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anybody remember Hull game 1970 @ NP?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 am

Don't know why but this game just sticks in my memory

We won 5-1, wouldn't that be nice today.

Seem to recall it was bloody freezing. Toshack and a few others wore those old fashioned baseball trainers, like todays Converse boots.Only grass on the pitch in those days was by the corner flags

Toshack scored a hat-trick? Brian Clark scored also got a memorable goal. Goalkeeper kicked the ball out, Clarkie was stood at the edge of the penalty box, the ball went straight into Clarks head and it went into the net. he didn't know anything about it!

Great, great days

Re: Anybody remember Hull game 1970 @ NP?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 am

bopman wrote:Don't know why but this game just sticks in my memory

Seem to recall it was bloody freezing. Toshack and a few others wore those old fashioned baseball trainers, like todays Converse boots.Only grass on the pitch in those days was by the corner flags

Toshack scored a hat-trick? Brian Clark scored also got a memorable goal. Goalkeeper kicked the ball out, Clarkie was stood at the edge of the penalty box, the ball went straight into Clarks head and it went into the net. he didn't know anything about it!

Great, great days

Yes - I remember it - great game. I seem to recall that the bulk of games were off that day due to weather. I think win took us top of league or close to it ( but my memory may be wrong there - far too many pints supped since! ). :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:36 am

yes i was there,remember neil (hull manager) saying on the radio that he thought hull played the better football :D last game for tosh i think :(

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Yes I was there remember the Brian Clark goal like it was yesterday very little else though, but City beat them 6-0 the season before.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Yes got thrown out when 1 nil forgot. What 4! :lol:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

And it was match of the day on BBC that night.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 pm

:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :D :D :D [quote="bopman"]Don't know why but this game just sticks in my memory

Great, great days[/quot
The first game i ever saw and what an introduction for a twelve year old , and i remember pretty clealyr Toshacks hatrick . :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm

I was stood on the Bob Bank in my parka on a wooden box my father built especially so i could see the game as I was so small.

Imagine trying to bring that into the ground nowadays!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:17 pm

I was with my dad in the Canton Stand, i had seen a couple of games before but I do remember that one. i was aged 8 :ayatollah:

Did Ian Gibson get the other goal that day ?