Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

iOS 6 - is it worth it?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Merlin et al is it worth updating to iOS 6? I love google maps and the YouTube app etc
Any thoughts?

Re: iOS 6 - is it worth it?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Nah, no major differences. Best ios to stay on right now is 5.1.1

Apple don't sign anything older than what they release now, so if anyone tries to update to 5.1.1 after downloading the ipsw independently then it won't install, and apple (through itunes) will just enforce ios 6.0.1 on you now.

In summary - if you haven't updated to 6 yet, don't bother.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:20 pm

i do like the ability to tweet/fb from notification centre, but apple maps?! absolutely shocking!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm

Merlin wrote:Nah, no major differences. Best ios to stay on right now is 5.1.1

Apple don't sign anything older than what they release now, so if anyone tries to update to 5.1.1 after downloading the ipsw independently then it won't install, and apple (through itunes) will just enforce ios 6.0.1 on you now.

Thought as much, wife has had to upgrade to iPhone 5 due to water damage and it's nice handset but wasn't convinced.
Cheers

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm

dougblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Nah, no major differences. Best ios to stay on right now is 5.1.1

Thought as much, wife has had to upgrade to iPhone 5 due to water damage and it's nice handset but wasn't convinced.
Cheers

The Galaxy S3 is by far the best phone on the market, but when it comes to tablets, NOTHING touches the iPad!!!

Haven't noticed much of a difference between iOS 5 and 6 to be honest. I always upgrade though as my iPad downloads the update automatically.