Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NICKY MAYNARD/ JORDON MUTCH/ TOMMY SMITH/ CRAIG BELLAMY "

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:46 pm

"NICKY MAYNARD/ JORDON MUTCH/ TOMMY SMITH/ CRAIG BELLAMY "

Are these 4, some of the best players in the Championship?
Are these not Malky's newest signings?
Are these not the players we are paying big money for and have been brought in to take us up?
If they had been playing at Forest/Bolton and Charlton, be honest would they have made a difference?

So surely if you answer the above questions honestly, judge Malky with a fully fit squad.

Have we got the divine right to go straight up this season?

Surely Leicester/Bolton/Blackburn/Boro/Leeds/Forest & Brighton all believe they should also be top 2, this season I honestly believe has more quality teams this year than last year as every one of these clubs have in the past and are at present spending big.

There are about 9 teams including ourselves believing they are the ones going up automatic this season, that was not like that last season.

Re: "NICKY MAYNARD/ JORDON MUTCH/ TOMMY SMITH/ CRAIG BELLAMY

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Annis we would be miles in front if the players you mentioned were fit, such is life being a City fan :thumbup: :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Igovernor wrote:Annis we would be miles in front if the players you mentioned were fit, such is life being a City fan :thumbup: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thats my opinion as well, but like you say thats life being a City fan. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:51 pm

So what you seem to be saying is that most of the players Malky has signed are injury prone.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Yes these players would have made a difference Annis but even with them I still feel the squad is lacking, we need more players in defence, especially 2 new full backs and I still am adamant we need a target man.

Taylor does not get tight enough and press the attacker down his side, going forward and delivering a cross he is more than capable but his job is to defend and in my opinion, he does not do it well enough.

I have said for the past 18 months on here and in my column that McNaughton is shocking with his distribution and needed to be replaced, Malky done it but did it with a player who wants to play and says his strongest position is centre half.

Up front we are relying on a striker who is too short for a target man and one paced in Helguson, the guy is 35 yrs old and surely we cannot pin our hopes on his shoulders.

As soon as Maynard was ruled out for the majority, if not all, of the season then Malky should have acted and brought in a striker to replace his star striker.

But instead we bring in a winger, when in my opinion we have players who can cover that area adequately.

As for having a divine right then obviously we don't but I don't think VT will have sympathy with Malky if we don't achieve promotion.

The manager has been backed sufficiently but he needs to go back in the loan window and bring players in before the seasons hopes of automatic promotion become too difficult to attain.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Annis we would be miles in front if the players you mentioned were fit, such is life being a City fan :thumbup: :lol:

Thats my opinion as well, but like you say thats life being a City fan. :lol: :ayatollah:

They are quality players but whilst we are missing them if Malky had signed a quality Left Back and kept Heaton we would have won more away. Malky has been fully backed by Tan and we have quality in midfield and up front but the full back situation really concerns me.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm

I've been saying the same for a while, but only Maynard is a ling term injury and every other team will have key players with short term injuries so over the season the best two will finish top.

I think injuries affect Championship teams more that's why you get so many freak results, Plalace are doing really well but a few injuries and watch them fall away......

We need a replacement for Maynard and some defenders ASAP to get our promotion push back on track.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 pm

cardiffcityfc1964 wrote:So what you seem to be saying is that most of the players Malky has signed are injury prone.

Unlucky I'd say

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:"NICKY MAYNARD/ JORDON MUTCH/ TOMMY SMITH/ CRAIG BELLAMY "

Are these 4, some of the best players in the Championship?
Are these not Malky's newest signings?
Are these not the players we are paying big money for and have been brought in to take us up?
If they had been playing at Forest/Bolton and Charlton, be honest would they have made a difference?

So surely if you answer the above questions honestly, judge Malky with a fully fit squad.

Have we got the divine right to go straight up this season?

Surely Leicester/Bolton/Blackburn/Boro/Leeds/Forest & Brighton all believe they should also be top 2, this season I honestly believe has more quality teams this year than last year as every one of these clubs have in the past and are at present spending big.

There are about 9 teams including ourselves believing they are the ones going up automatic this season, that was not like that last season.

this is the best city squad weve ever had in the 25 years ive been watching them and the most hopeful ever that we will go up this year ,malky will get us there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " NICKY MAYNARD/ JORDON MUTCH/ TOMMY SMITH/ CRAIG BELLAM

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Other football fans will never experience supporting a club like Cardiff City Football Club :lol:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 pm

All four are injury prone always have been thats what i dont get about this so called MALKY DOSSIER, so unless we get more in soon i have no idew here we will be come may. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:45 pm

We don't need a target man. It just encourages hoofing the ball upfield, we need an all round forward like Maynard though. We may have him but I have never seen him play.

Away from home we need a little protection in front of the back four- filip Kiss.

I think 442 is an outdated system (like target men) 433 or the away variant 4231 is the way.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed. Huge loss to any squad. I reckon Maynard would have been on 10 goals by now

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm

I agree that we shouldn't be judging malky harshly yet but we can't wait for him to have a fully fit squad because most teams in the football league don't have a fully fit squad and managers have to deal with that. He had a worse squad last year and we were a lot more competitive away from home. Something is not right and he needs to sort it out quick and I hope he will.

Our defence is awful away from home but all five of our defenders and our goalkeepers are fully fit. In midfield I think it's the way we are set up this season with proper wide men. Last season we basically played with 4 or 5 central midfielders most of the time and we haven't learned to cope with our new attacking options in the team because the oppo are playing through us too easily. These are things he can and should fix even without the unfit players.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 pm

IMO McNaughton should come back into the squad. We need cover for Taylor to push him. He deserves another go against Hull as he NORMALLY performs reasonably well at home, but one more bad performance could see changes!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:35 pm

We should have never sold Chopra

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm

2 defenders and a striker thats all we need.

Look with the likes of Smith and Mutch in midfield it really boosts us in the game. The midfield control everything for large parts of the game.

Tommy Smith is fantastic at getting back and he does a fair bit going forward.

These players are key players and the reasons we control the game.

The team I'd like to see is:

Marshall

McNaughton Hudson Turner Connolly

Kiss Gunnarsson

Noone Whittingham

Mason Helguson. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:50 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:We should have never sold Chopra

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :shock: :roll:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 am

carlccfc wrote:Yes these players would have made a difference Annis but even with them I still feel the squad is lacking, we need more players in defence, especially 2 new full backs and I still am adamant we need a target man.

Taylor does not get tight enough and press the attacker down his side, going forward and delivering a cross he is more than capable but his job is to defend and in my opinion, he does not do it well enough.

I have said for the past 18 months on here and in my column that McNaughton is shocking with his distribution and needed to be replaced, Malky done it but did it with a player who wants to play and says his strongest position is centre half.

Up front we are relying on a striker who is too short for a target man and one paced in Helguson, the guy is 35 yrs old and surely we cannot pin our hopes on his shoulders.

As soon as Maynard was ruled out for the majority, if not all, of the season then Malky should have acted and brought in a striker to replace his star striker.

But instead we bring in a winger, when in my opinion we have players who can cover that area adequately.

As for having a divine right then obviously we don't but I don't think VT will have sympathy with Malky if we don't achieve promotion.

The manager has been backed sufficiently but he needs to go back in the loan window and bring players in before the seasons hopes of automatic promotion become too difficult to attain.

Got to admit I agree with every word about Taylor, Kev and HH and about the need for a target man. If MM sorts that out we go up as champions......if he doesn't it's the play-offs for us again :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They are quality players but whilst we are missing them if Malky had signed a quality Left Back and kept Heaton we would have won more away. Malky has been fully backed by Tan and we have quality in midfield and up front but the full back situation really concerns me.

Kept Heaton? I liked him but Marshall is better and would've still started ahead of him. Lewis is a decent back up, not as good as Heaton but doesn't really matter when Marshall is better than both.

I personally think we have been missing Mutch

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 am

Mutch has been out for ages now! Initially I thought the club said that he'd only be out for a few weeks. It's been a few months! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 am

llan bluebird wrote:We don't need a target man. It just encourages hoofing the ball upfield, we need an all round forward like Maynard though. We may have him but I have never seen him play.

Away from home we need a little protection in front of the back four- filip Kiss.

I think 442 is an outdated system (like target men) 433 or the away variant 4231 is the way.

Good points and if we had Maynard we could line up a more defensive team, but with his pace upfront, we would be a really dangerous away team that could break away with pace and change a game, especially with Bellamy aswell....

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:13 am

Can any of those players play in defence then?

No. Thought not.