Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drop Marshall or what????

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Do you think Scotlands No1 should be dropped for tomorrow(i would hate to see their 2nd and 3rd choice)

Re: Drop Marshall or what????

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Drop Taylor.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Marshall 100%

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm

The mistakes that Marshall made Tuesday were of schoolboy magnitude

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:The mistakes that Marshall made Tuesday were of schoolboy magnitude

He wont be the first or last city keeper to have an off day.

Otherwise IMO he has been exceptional this season, second name on the teamsheet for me

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Some people are calling for Marshall's head but surely we should be cutting out more crosses, rather than expecting Marshall to deal with all of them single handedly, when they come in?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Do you think Scotlands No1 should be dropped for tomorrow(i would hate to see their 2nd and 3rd choice)

You've got to be joking! A massive NO from me! That guy has kept us single-handedly in games this season... literally! Some of his saves and shot stopping this season has been second to none for the championship and is up there with what we would normally see in the Premier League.

Why is it that we all like to have a scape goat that we blame and pillory at every opportunity we can find. Ledley, then McPhail, then Bothroyd, then Whittingham, then Hudson, then Cowie, then Gunarsson, then Helgusson and now Marshall. Absolutely rediculous!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Some people are calling for Marshall's head but surely we should be cutting out more crosses, rather than expecting Marshall to deal with all of them single handedly, when they come in?
it wasnt the crosses that he couldnt cope with it was his incompetance to hold the ball in his greassy palms :P

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Drop Taylor.

agreed!!!!!!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Some people are calling for Marshall's head but surely we should be cutting out more crosses, rather than expecting Marshall to deal with all of them single handedly, when they come in?

Normally (90% of the time) I would agree, but against Charlton the crossese were c**p.

One straight to him and he dropped, with no forward having a chance of getting it. The second from the free kick, if he had stood still he would have caught it no problem, as it was completely off target of any forward it was aimed at. Why did he rush out to it?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

no chance! marshall will only come back stronger

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm

What

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Give Joe Lewis a shot, might do Marshall some good to be dropped after his nightmare, some of the others should be dropped as well, we got other players to come in.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:50 pm

This is ridiculous.

Look at his performances during this season, he's been utterly flawless. We would have lost the first game of the season if it wasn't for him and that definitely would have had a knock on affect on our confidence. If we dropped keepers every time they made a mistake we'd use ten keepers a season.

:old:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:12 pm

I don't think so, although bringing Lewis in for one game at some point might be good for both of them.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Agree with this.

GK is not the problem here. The issue is why so many attempts on goal? That's the problem that needs to be sorted.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Agree with the above-give the guy a chance.So he had a bit of a mare last time out.Don't think anyone can say he's had two in a row and has saved our bacon before now.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 pm

If we had Heaton then i'd say yes but Lewis is awful.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Id put Parish above Lewis.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am

He has had one bad game. But does that make him shit ? Lets get this right he has got us more points through the coarse of the season so far than lost on Tuesday.
Anyway saw Lewis at Forest green and he does look dodgy.
So no Marshall has to play, Taylor needs a rest and Cowie Malky's love child needs to be dropped as well.