Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

people around us are signing strikers on loan...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm

And we badly need to bolster our attack what kind of joke is this?
are we even bothered about trying to take a top 2 spot.
fair enough if their was no one available but there clearly is, leeds strengtening, huddersfield... and im sure anyone else seriously pushing will be doing the right thing.

maybe we should of signed holloway
Last edited by sloper_road_legend on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: people around us are signing strikers on loan...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:51 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:And we badly need to bolster our attack what kind of joke is this?
are we even bothered about trying to take a top 2 spot

If we are bothered, then we need to bolster our defence. Aren't we the top scorers in The Championship?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:And we badly need to bolster our attack what kind of joke is this?

If we are bothered, then we need to bolster our defence. Aren't we the top scorers in The Championship?

didn't we have our best performances when either bellamy or maynard, were in the team, we beat burnley because our midfielders put in a good shift.

we cant rely on our midfield to keep bailing us out , away from home especially wehave been weak up front

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

didn't we have our best performances when either bellamy or maynard, were in the team, we beat burnley because our midfielders put in a good shift.

we cant rely on our midfield to keep bailing us out , away from home especially wehave been weak up front

We've been weak at the back more than up front. I was at Brizzle, Palace, Forest and Charlton where we conceded a total of 15 goals.

If we don't improve our defence, we won't get promoted, in my opinion. I know some people would go for the "let's score more goals than them and not worry about the defence" approach, but that's not for me.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:59 pm

We desperately need a TARGET MAN NOW, not in January, NOW.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We desperately need a TARGET MAN NOW, not in January, NOW.

What about defenders? Aren't we the top scorers in The Championship?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:09 pm

we have the players already.
We just don't play to their strengths.

We play Helguson and Mason... hoof it long and high. Neither are that tall. Result = nothing.
If we're going to play like that, then we must have height. Gestede must start. Rudy + another. Someone quick (either Velikonja or at a push, Mason)

If we keep it on the floor...

Helguson, Mason or Velikonja. Any combination of these will do.

If we get anyone in on loan it should be a Centre Back who's quick or a Goalkeeper worthy to challenge Marshall.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 pm

A full back to challenge Taylor, at the very least.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Not disagreeing that we need a target man, (i think he'll wait until january and buy one) but surely, a couple of full backs must be a priority at the moment???

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Perhaps they are no decent loans available yet. Leeds loaned Hall from Southend who has 19 goals in 84 apps for them. At 24 not exactly a youngster, there would be outrage if we did that. And Simon Church to Huddersfield, he wouldn't get on our bench.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

are we even bothered about trying to take a top 2 spot.
fair enough if their was no one available but there clearly is, leeds strengtening, huddersfield... and im sure anyone else seriously pushing will be doing the right thing.

maybe we should of signed holloway

we are top scorers in the league we need to sort out our defence not attack

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

our problem is not scoring but conceding, if we signed another striker to score more goal we would then have more scored against us away, thus ending up in the same position

if you see what i mean

anyway i am off home my heads spinning :D

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I'd prefer loan moves for Alan Hutton from Villa and Nicky Shorey from Reading, two experienced full backs who are still more than good enough for the Championship. Might cost but they are not getting regular games and would surely jump at a promotion battle :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I have to say i totally disagree on this Annis, Helguson is doing an excellent job up front for me and I am a huge fan of Joe Mason and the space he opens up for the other players in our team, so i don't think we need another striker. Just defenders, left-back especially. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I agree the thing is it will be "we needed more fire power" or " lack of defenders to blame" if we fail again this season, last season i said all along we wouldnt go up because we never got 3-4 players in january, people said stfu stop moaning we 3rd in the league what you moaning for even though you could see the downhill slide in performances prior to the end of jan, look what happened then we had the "Not enough players" excuse at the end of the season from players and MM in the media, so prepare yourself for one of the two excuses on my opening line if we dont go up. Hopefully we get 1-2 defenders and a striker sorted soon and go for it. :ayatollah: