Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Declan John

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:12 am

From what I've seen of him would do a much better job than andrew taylor at Lb.. Anyone else agree or too early for the lad?

Re: Declan John

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 am

Why not,could'nt do any worse than Taylor,i think MM should start using some of the youngsters :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 am

stokesy_ccfc wrote:From what I've seen of him would do a much better job than andrew taylor at Lb.. Anyone else agree or too early for the lad?

Taylor is an undroppable Malky favourite - similar to Cowie.

I like him but if you're not playing well you should be dealt with to make a statement to everyone - Like Malky did with Kev McNaught.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 am

stokesy_ccfc wrote:From what I've seen of him would do a much better job than andrew taylor at Lb.. Anyone else agree or too early for the lad?

Where have you seen him play? pre-season and under 21's? first team championship football is a diffrent kettle of fish, im sure he will get a chance if malky thinks he is up to it

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Saw him in the Carling Cup here in Northampton.
Although the team didn't perform on the day, I thought John looked like a 1st team regular. Composed with the ball at his feet, good touch and quick to get up the line. An intelligent player, read the game well and didn't do anything daft. His pass selection (like young Sullivan) was very good. Only negative would be his height.

I certainly think is equal to, if not better than Taylor.
It's either that or bring Kev in at LB and keep Connolly at RB.
Not sure about the Hudson/Turner combo at the moment, so would have Kiss sitting infront of them to support and help out when we're defending.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 pm

MM sees these players day in and day out. We don't so we need to put faith in his judgement.

It would be great to see these young players make an impact. Personally I feel we lost out in seeing Ramsey making a full impact. Sadly DJ did not give him a real chance. I really hope we don't get the same from Malky, only time will tell.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

They say if they're good enough they're old enough, until you try them in the big time you don't really know, that young lad Watt did okay for Celtic didn't he? ;)