Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4 points from the next 2 aways

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

We'll bounce back no doubt - especially as we should have 1 or 2 back by then, and the likes of Kimbo and Frei will have a couple more games under their belts.

I'm really not overly bothered about this away blip.

Right now, though I'm more worried about the 2 homes. 2 of the form teams, both who beat us last year, only 1 convincing performance in the last 6 from us too and missing 4 key men. However 2 decent results and I'll believe again - then we can look forward to the next batch of fixtures with renewed confidence :ayatollah:

Re: 4 points from the next 2 aways

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:We'll bounce back no doubt - especially as we should have 1 or 2 back by then, and the likes of Kimbo and Frei will have a couple more games under their belts.

I'm really not overly bothered about this away blip.

Right now, though I'm more worried about the 2 homes. 2 of the form teams, both who beat us last year, only 1 convincing performance in the last 6 from us too and missing 4 key men. However 2 decent results and I'll believe again - then we can look forward to the next batch of fixtures with renewed confidence :ayatollah:

Totally agree with you Tim, I am not that bothered about this blip. Lets concentrate on our next two homes, then have a fit squad for the next away games. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Im with you, It's a blip, A bit of bad luck, we will start winning and will get promotion.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Kanester wrote:Im with you, It's a blip, A bit of bad luck, we will start winning and will get promotion.

I honestly think we've had luck and decisions our way at home, but the opposite away.

For instance -the Burnley keeper cocked up for Noone's goal at the CCS, but Marshall has been superb at home (maybe could have done better with the Leeds free kick, but it didn't cost us), yet he made 2 errors which at the end of the day were the difference between 0 points and 3 at Charlton.

We lost an even game at Bolton with decisions against us, yet had virtually everything our way and beat Watford despite playing poorly.

Ipswich got a goal which was a clear handball. Forest scored with their first 3 entries into our box, etc...

Hudds at home we didn't deserve to win, but got all 3.

I'd rather look at things overall than split homes and aways, and overall we are doing OK, but still have lots of room for improvement.

All that matters for now is that we are there, or thereabouts by Jan 1 and can push on from there -and it really doesn't matter if the points are gained home or away.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Not of teams struggle either home it away and others inconsistent.

The most important thing is the collection of points and so far we are doing pretty well. Plenty to improve on buy I'm sure we will in time.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 pm

F**king hell we've had luck at home?

Watford? Huddersfield?

We've seen some master class attacking against Blackpool and Burnley stopping their dangerous attackers.

We are 3rd in the league and a lot of teams are doing worse than us.

It's a long season.

People need to concentrate on the short term more than the long term this season.

All we have done is look long into the future towards the end of the season. Game by game..

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 am

Kanester wrote:Im with you, It's a blip, A bit of bad luck, we will start winning and will get promotion.

which part was 'bad luck'???

As far as I could see, it was all down to poor tactics and a frightened attitude as soon as we take a lead.

We should change that song to we are scared.....Dougie Freedman was right.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 am

2 tough and important games looming and I can't honestly see us winning either especially Boro.
I'm not a glass half empty guy but looking at these 2 games we're up against 2 good sides in form, but on the positive side 2 draws or a draw and a defeat would then push us into having to be more ruthless away from home and we may pick up some points from our travels.
Being invincible at home is making the team less ruthless away, not winning these 2 games could be a good cure for it.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm

refreshing to see some realistic positive posts on here.
no team is going to win every game in this league and nobody has the right to beat any other side before a ball is kicked! let's just take each game as it comes, 1 or 2 losses shouldn't mean we get on the player's backs and on the 'Malky out' bandwagon we should just get behind the team and help them bounce back!
there will be plenty more up's and down's this season! :ayatollah: