Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' INJURY NEWS FOR CARDIFF CITY V HULL CITY '

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Mr Lawnmower had my own little check and you will see the following stats per season.

2006/07 season
43 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 11th with 17 wins 13 draws and 16 losses

2007/08 season
Cardiff finished 12th with 16 wins 16 draws and 14 losses

2008/09 season
32 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 7th with 19 wins 17 draws and 10 losses

2009/10 season
21 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 4th with 22 wins 10 draws and 14 losses

2010/11 season
28 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 4th with 23 wins 11 draws and 12 losses

2011/12 season
19 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 6th with 19 wins 18 draws and 9 losses

2012 season so far
0 games played by McPhail
Cardiff currently 3rd with9 wins 1 draw and 5 losses

Now I am no mathematician but there is a direct correlation there with the less games McPhail plays the better Cardiff do in the league.

Also for your consideration is McPhail's stats which are 186 games for our beloved Cardiff and 3 goals. That is shocking for a centre midfielder.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Going back another season, we only lost to Swansea (when McPhail was sent off), Wolves who went up as Champs, Sheff Utd (with 9 men), and then the last 3 of Preston (oops), Ipswich and Sheff Weds in 36 appearances for McPhail

15 out of 52 the previous year (including Liverpool away and the FA Cup final)

14 of 45 before that.

Overall McPhail's record for us is very very good.

Brilliant partnerships with both Scimeca and Ledley.

I can't believe you are attempting to use this point to defend him. We lost cos he was sent off.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:29 pm

maccydee wrote:Mr Lawnmower had my own little check and you will see the following stats per season.

2006/07 season
Cardiff finished 11th with 17 wins 13 draws and 16 losses

2007/08 season
Cardiff finished 12th with 16 wins 16 draws and 14 losses

2008/09 season
32 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 7th with 19 wins 17 draws and 10 losses

2009/10 season
21 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 4th with 22 wins 10 draws and 14 losses

2010/11 season
28 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 4th with 23 wins 11 draws and 12 losses

2011/12 season
19 games played by McPhail
Cardiff finished 6th with 19 wins 18 draws and 9 losses

2012 season so far
0 games played by McPhail
Cardiff currently 3rd with9 wins 1 draw and 5 losses

Now I am no mathematician but there is a direct correlation there with the less games McPhail plays the better Cardiff do in the league.

Also for your consideration is McPhail's stats which are 186 games for our beloved Cardiff and 3 goals. That is shocking for a centre midfielder.

This is pointless. The only relevant stats would be for games he's played in.

Even you can't blame him for defeats when he doesn't play :lol:

Don't forget in 1921/22 we finished 2nd in division 1 and McPhail wasn't playing then. So he must be shit.

What a pile of crap.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm

The first two seasons tell a story as he played 43 games out of the 46 and we were a lower mid table club yet as we performed better as a club it was with him out of the team. He wouldn't get into our third choice midfield at the moment.

As for your 1921 fact. That is a pile of crap to cover the fact you are wrong.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:05 am

maccydee wrote:
scooby1973 wrote:------------Marshall-----------

Connolly--Hudson--Turner-Taylor

----------McPhail orMutch-------

------Gunnar------Whitts--------

--Noone--------------------Frei--

-------------Helguson------------

subs
Lewis
Mutch or McPhail
Kim
Gestede
Velonkaja
Cowie
Kev

451 pretty much. We don't want that we want 442 at home. The formation that has won us 7 out of 7.

4-1-2-3

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 am

maccydee wrote:The first two seasons tell a story as he played 43 games out of the 46 and we were a lower mid table club yet as we performed better as a club it was with him out of the team. He wouldn't get into our third choice midfield at the moment.

As for your 1921 fact. That is a pile of crap to cover the fact you are wrong.

How am I wrong ?

We lost only a small fraction of games he played in - so you make him out to be rubbish ?

Surely you can only judge him by the games he played in himself ?

I know this will be difficult as by your own admission you haven't seen us play for years :?

Your main point appears to be that w ehave improved as he has played less, but all that has happened as we have got better after Dave Jones ' rebuild and then Malky's revival and spending. The results during seasons when McPhail have played have been better when he is out there than when he isn't. Taking the first 2 seasons when he played most of the games to start..

06/07 the 3 games Mcphail missed, we lost 2 and all 17 wins came when McPhail played - doesn't this tell you he was an import ant part. Had he played these 3 games we would have been in the mix for the play-offs, despite having a tiny squad and losing Scimeca for 1/2 the season and Chopra and Loovens for large spells.

07/08 we only won 1 game without him, but you also seem to conveniently forget that McPhail took us to the FA Cup final (where he captained the team)

Managers not just at our club, but at opposing clubs rate McPhail. At one point the main tactic against us was to man-mark him as if they stopped McPhail they stopped us.

Is he as good as Whittingham, no, is he as good as Koumas at his best, no -although Koumas wasted his talent, when McPhail fought against the odds to come back time and time again. He's also near the end of his career now and I'd expect him to be off the pace a bit, but at his best he'd walk into any City side in my lifetime at least.

After all he has done for us and the fight he has shown with his illness and injuries he deserves better than to be slagged off by someone who has hardly seen us play in the last few years.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 am

I'm not slagging him off personally. I said many times he seems a good guy. I just said that we are a better team without him. We regularly got over run in midfield as he had very little influence on proceedings. Doesn't score apart from penalties and can't tackle. The last two years or so I've not been much as I was living in Cyprus however he has been injured a fair bit so havent missed him playing much and we have not missed him. The previous seasons when I did go regularly it was always mcphail slowing our attacks with his turns for no reason. I'm not the only one who thought that a groan would go up when he got the ball. Teams didn't man mark merely played 3 in midfield and passed around him and he would run round like a headless chicken.

Tony blue Williams is a regular attender and shares my opinion as do many others.

I maintain we are a better team without mcphail you say otherwise. There are lots agree with me and a few agree with you. I do think there has been sympathy for him since his illness which clouds opinion as I certainly remember mcphail being the one that dj always picked to the detriment of Ramsey's development. In fact he used to be called mcfail.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm

I've been told hell take some part in the game