Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' INJURY NEWS FOR CARDIFF CITY V HULL CITY '

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Just been told that Craig Bellamy and Tommy Smith won't be fit for Saturday.

Don Cowie is out injured.

Jordon Mutch is fit, after his injury with the nerve endings in his foot, but will Malky throw him straight back in after so many weeks out ?

Steve McPhail is also fit.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: INJURY NEWS

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Give Mutch an hour or so :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Mcphail is definately not the answer.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:08 pm

My team for for saturday would be

marshall
kev
hudson
conolly
turner
noone
gunasson
whitts
frei
helgarson
mason

subs
lewis
taylor
kim
mutch
gestede
velonkaja
cowie

2-0 to the bloobirds

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Even if Mutch can only play 20 mins, that is still 10 mins more than McPhail would last.

Re: ' INJURY NEWS FOR CARDIFF CITY V HULL CITY '

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 pm

------------Marshall-----------

Connolly--Hudson--Turner-Taylor

----------McPhail orMutch-------

------Gunnar------Whitts--------

--Noone--------------------Frei--

-------------Helguson------------

subs
Lewis
Mutch or McPhail
Kim
Gestede
Velonkaja
Cowie
Kev

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Phew McPhail is fit. That will sort out any problems we have.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm

scooby1973 wrote:------------Marshall-----------

subs
Lewis
Mutch or McPhail
Kim
Gestede
Velonkaja
Cowie
Kev

451 pretty much. We don't want that we want 442 at home. The formation that has won us 7 out of 7.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:16 pm

maccydee wrote:Phew McPhail is fit. That will sort out any problems we have.

McPhail is the best player we've had for years at retaining possession. He would be useful after we've conceded away as it seems that we can't kill the game for 5 mins when the opposition's tails are up. I'd definitely have him on the bench for away games.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

McPhail is the best player we've had for years at retaining possession. He would be useful after we've conceded away as it seems that we can't kill the game for 5 mins when the opposition's tails are up. I'd definitely have him on the bench for away games.

Having McPhail on the pitch is like having ten men except with ten men you wouldn't have a player giving away free kicks due to poor tackling. I have no idea what some see in him. He is a great guy apparently but well past his best which wasn't that good anyway.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Anyone with Velikonja in their teams are deluded.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20243009

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 pm

scooby1973 wrote:------------Marshall-----------

subs
Lewis
Mutch or McPhail
Kim
Gestede
Velonkaja
Cowie
Kev

No mason?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Having McPhail on the pitch is like having ten men except with ten men you wouldn't have a player giving away free kicks due to poor tackling. I have no idea what some see in him. He is a great guy apparently but well past his best which wasn't that good anyway.

Check out his record.

We have a very high win/loss ratio when he's playing.

He's nearing the end of his career now, but still has something to offer.

Also worth going to see him train with the others. He's probably the most popular guy out there and is superb in the short-side games.

As for giving away free kicks, sometimes its a good thing, a few of ours should learn to do it more, opposing teams do it to us to slow us down regularly. A few fouls when the chips are down (in the right areas) and a bit of gamesmanship and we might not be letting so many goals in.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Anyone with Velikonja in their teams are deluded.

Even though Velikonja scored a hat trick for the reserves... I'd rather him than Bambi.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 pm

A lot of fans sticking with Marshall, interesting !!!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Why should Marshall be worried?

Hes been fantastic all season.

Our own fans digging at McPhail.. give the guy a break.. yes we have bags of quality but it's always nice to have a little bit of old experience hanging around the blocks.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm sure Barrie Mac said Mutch was out for a few more weeks?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

You have no idea about football. Open your eyes and watch. The is always available to take the ball off full backs and midlfielders calm and composed. He is a game changer. Ask chops. The reason he scored so many was because of mcphail. Honestly stop watching fantasy football and watch what he does. It's not always about banging tackles in. Tools!!!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 pm

People make fun of McPhail yet Mutch is only here to fake injury and collect money. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:01 am

Lawnmower wrote:

I agree, He was outstanding the last few games he played for us, But he's been out for so long and time isn't on his side anymore, Not sure if he can still do it or not.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 am

carlccfc wrote:Just been told that Craig Bellamy and Tommy Smith won't be fit for Saturday.

Don Cowie is out injured.

Jordon Mutch is fit, after his injury with the nerve endings in his foot, but will Malky throw him straight back in after so many weeks out ?

Trust the dopey jock he knows his stuff ......

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 am

I haven't watched cardiff much the last couple years but watched extensively the year we flew to the top. Chopra was on fire and made a lot of mcphails balls into space look good. Scimeca carried that midfield. I then watched the rest of the season when we were regularly over run in midfield with mcphail being totally unable to influence the game this continued the next couple if seasons. He is tidy but that is all he has. He is not dynamic, can't tackle, doesn't score. He takes the flow out of our attacks. If you want to keep the ball at the back passing it around then mcphail can pass backwards and sideways but any player should be able to do that. We need penetration. Whittingham does what mcphail does but better. However we then bemoan whitts being too deep.

I would love someone to check the won/loss record of our team with mcphail playing. I think you will find he was in the midfield during a lot of our bad runs under Dave jones.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:44 am

carlccfc wrote:Just been told that Craig Bellamy and Tommy Smith won't be fit for Saturday.

Don Cowie is out.

The players need a few wake up calls so Mutch coming back (probably from the bench) is good timing.

Hopefully he can stay fit and keep Cowie and Gunnar on the bench

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 am

NickPenarth wrote:

Don Cowie is out.

The players need a few wake up calls so Mutch coming back (probably from the bench) is good timing.

Hopefully he can stay fit and keep Cowie and Gunnar on the bench

in my opinion gunnarsson deserves a starting place ahead of cowie. would have cowie and mutch on the bench this week, with the possibility of mutch starting against boro...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 am

Don Cowie is out.

Craig Bellamy hardly ever fit ... waste of money :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:56 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:

Don Cowie is out.

Craig Bellamy hardly ever fit ... waste of money :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

But a half fit Bellamy is worth 100 McPhails.

May be wrong but hasn't Bellamy scored as many goals this season (in about 4 games) as McPhail has scored in his entire time at the club?

Gunners got more in the last 4 games than McPhail in his entire time here.

So a backward passing, cannot tackle/head, slow it down type of player (McPhail) has nothing to offer compared to others at the club.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:People make fun of McPhail yet Mutch is only here to fake injury and collect money. :ayatollah:

And you know he is do you? :roll: Mcphail has past it, he cant move anymore and he would slow the game down. Plus he probably isnt fit anyway and would just get injured straight away again no offence to the guy

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Ive heared that Cowie could be out for 1 week ?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 pm

maccydee wrote:I haven't watched cardiff much the last couple years but watched extensively the year we flew to the top. Chopra was on fire and made a lot of mcphails balls into space look good. Scimeca carried that midfield. I then watched the rest of the season when we were regularly over run in midfield with mcphail being totally unable to influence the game this continued the next couple if seasons. He is tidy but that is all he has. He is not dynamic, can't tackle, doesn't score. He takes the flow out of our attacks. If you want to keep the ball at the back passing it around then mcphail can pass backwards and sideways but any player should be able to do that. We need penetration. Whittingham does what mcphail does but better. However we then bemoan whitts being too deep.

I would love someone to check the won/loss record of our team with mcphail playing. I think you will find he was in the midfield during a lot of our bad runs under Dave jones.

You'll be wrong.

You might want to check this as i just had a quick look and have found

3 defeats in 26 league appearances last season, including the FA Cup loss at West Brom.
7 in 30 league matches season before
3 in 26 the year before.

How far do you want me to go back, because its still impressive then.

But still you admit you've hardly seen us play for years !
In fact if McPhail had been fit for all of these seasons we'd be playing Premier league football now.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Going back another season, we only lost to Swansea (when McPhail was sent off), Wolves who went up as Champs, Sheff Utd (with 9 men), and then the last 3 of Preston (oops), Ipswich and Sheff Weds in 36 appearances for McPhail

15 out of 52 the previous year (including Liverpool away and the FA Cup final)

14 of 45 before that.

Overall McPhail's record for us is very very good.

Brilliant partnerships with both Scimeca and Ledley.