Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

huddesfield

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

sign simon church on loan, another striker we could have got to bang the goals in

Re: huddesfield

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Would be disappointed if we'd signed him.

Better Huddersfield waste their cash on him. I'd rather go for Jerome if we were after a striker.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Aramore wrote:Would be disappointed if we'd signed him.

Better Huddersfield waste their cash on him. I'd rather go for Jerome if we were after a striker.

Thought Jerome went to Blackburn.
There was a story about that somwhere a couple of weeks ago

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm

heard blackburn couldnt afford his wages or sumthing

Simon church going to Huddersfield

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Huddersfield have agreed the signing of Reading striker Simon Church on a one-month loan deal.
Manager Simon Grayson has swooped for the 23-year-old to boost his injury-hit attack and he could make his Town debut against Barnsley on Saturday.
Grayson told the club's official website: "Simon is a player we have monitored for some time and he adds genuine top-level quality to our striking department.
"We looked at bringing him to the club during the summer but at that stage Reading wouldn't let him out.
"The current strikers we have at the club have done a tremendous job so far but we've suffered some injuries in that area recently and we felt the time was right to bring Simon in - especially as James Vaughan is suffering from a troublesome thigh strain.
"All being well he will train with the squad on Thursday and comes into my thinking for Saturday's game at Barnsley."

Not a bad signing for a month, I'd like Kenwyn Jones on loan, how about you guys?

Re: Simon church going to Huddersfield

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Jones would demolish this division but he plaued for Stoke last week so doubtvhes available

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Huddersfield Town: Reading's Simon Church joins on loan

Huddersfield Town have signed Reading striker Simon Church on a one-month emergency loan.

The 23-year-old Wales international scored seven goals to help the Royals win promotion to the Premier League last season but has only featured once so far this campaign.

Terriers boss Simon Grayson told BBC Radio Leeds: "He was a player we looked at over the summer.

"He's a good player and he's proven at this level."

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Impact player at best in this division.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 pm

glas wrote:
Aramore wrote:Would be disappointed if we'd signed him.

Thought Jerome went to Blackburn.
There was a story about that somwhere a couple of weeks ago

No, Sky did report it at first but then it turned out he hadn't gone there.

Something about not wanting to send him there while Blackburn had no manager.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:50 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:sign simon church on loan, another striker we could have got to bang the goals in

I'd be gutted if he was the height of our ambition.

Very average player

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:sign simon church on loan, another striker we could have got to bang the goals in

Bang the goals in ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: