Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4-5-1 vs 4-4-2

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Is part of our problem changing our tactics week to week.if we play so well at home with 4-4-2 why change when we are away. why not hang our hat on a system and play how we want to instead of analising the opersition and setting up to play them.

Re: 4-5-1 vs 4-4-2

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 pm

The trouble is that the formation change is only cosmetic when we're away from home.

Changing to the preferred 4-4-2 means very little when Whitts nullifies his potential threat by playing so very deep.
Also as a team we sit back and "try" to defend. This ultimately gives the opposition extra confidence to throw the kitchen sink at us and have a go. As we've seen a number of times already this season, it's only a matter of time before chance after chance results in us conceding due to an error.

I can only presume the team and Whitts in particular have been told by Malky to play this way?
Either Malky has it completely wrong tactically or the team aren't following his instructions.
Both in my view are serious management flaws. Fist pumping doesn't cover up his late substitutions or his reluctancy to use the millions of pounds worth of players on the bench (or worse, in the stands).

Hence why I think he should go manage Scotland.
More his level.