Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McNaughton

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Whats up with super kev havent seen that hes injured?
Deserves to be starting games, really good player but distribution needs to improve.
Don't know what Malky is thinking :?

Re: McNaughton

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Yes he should be playing. top player who as you say lacks that final ball. if he had that he would have been snapped up by a premiership club years ago. what he does give us when we play 4-4-2 is the ability to defend further up the field.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 pm

kev is our most consistent defender at the club for sometime... last season he was in the championship xi....

yes his distribution is questionable sometimes, but in defending he is superb.. i would move connolly back to the middle and play kev at right back... id also let taylor know that if he doesnt improve then his place in the team could also be in jeopardy...

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:42 pm

2weeks ago people were saying how well Connelly was playing. And kev needed a break. Malky can't please everyone I guess.
I'd stick Connelly back in the middle and drop turner.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 pm

What about trying Kev at left back as we did when Naylor was having a nightmare in that position?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:What about trying Kev at left back as we did when Naylor was having a nightmare in that position?

maybe, but as milly pointed out, turner has looked out of sort since returning... he was nowhere to be seen for 3 of the goals conceded last night all from a position he should have been in...

i like big ben, but since his return to the xi he is looking a little rusty... something needs to change as we are conceding an average of 2.57goals every away game

even ipswich who are bottom of the league have a better away form than us getting 8 pts on the road and conceding 17...

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Gavlar wrote:What about trying Kev at left back as we did when Naylor was having a nightmare in that position?

maybe, but as milly pointed out, turner has looked out of sort since returning... he was nowhere to be seen for 3 of the goals conceded last night all from a position he should have been in...

i like big ben, but since his return to the xi he is looking a little rusty... something needs to change as we are conceding an average of 2.57goals every away game

even ipswich who are bottom of the league have a better away form than us getting 8 pts on the road and conceding 17...

Totally agree here with Turner, not at the races at all and from my seat I could see him & MM having words late in 2nd half.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

milly44 wrote:2weeks ago people were saying how well Connelly was playing. And kev needed a break. Malky can't please everyone I guess.
I'd stick Connelly back in the middle and drop turner.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm with Milly as well, Bring McNaughton back in at RB, drop Turner, and put Connolly back in the center, Have VERY harsh words with Taylor too, as he seems to be able to just turn up to get his shirt, and he's not even that good imo.