Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McPhail

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

Should be playing to give us stability. Has been playing for reserves lately so must be fit.

Re: McPhail

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Brings nothing to the team that is positive.

Too one sided (probably the most one footed player in the game).

Only side or backwards passes.
So nothing is created or forward movement from him.

Too slow in pace and cannot score goals. Cannot shoot or head the ball.
Cannot tackle (look at free kicks he concedes, and bookings for bad and late tackles (usually as he tries to spin around to tackle with his only good leg, so getting caught in awkward angles and so late tackles).

In summary therfore. No place in team as he is shit.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am

I agree Mcphail should be playing some part,he has experience and gels the front and backline,anyone who says he isn't good enough know nothing about the game.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

novice wrote:I agree Mcphail should be playing some part,he has experience and gels the front and backline,anyone who says he isn't good enough know nothing about the game.

I'm another one who knows nothing about the game then, as McPhail isn't good enough to get in our midfield now!

I've always liked McPhail as a player (except against the Jacks :) ), but his best days are way behind him and I'd be shocked if he gets another contract with us after this season!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 am

I think he could be used in away games. Malky always seems to want Whitts playing deep in front of the back four, so maybe if we put Macca there to distibute the ball Whitts could player further up the field :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

CantonJack wrote:I think he could be used in away games. Malky always seems to want Whitts playing deep in front of the back four, so maybe if we put Macca there to distibute the ball Whitts could player further up the field :ayatollah:

So who would you drop for him, if all our midfield options were fit then? :?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:19 pm

CantonJack wrote:I think he could be used in away games. Malky always seems to want Whitts playing deep in front of the back four, so maybe if we put Macca there to distibute the ball Whitts could player further up the field :ayatollah:

Who's place would he take in the team?

He can only last 10 mins of a game.

Has he played 90mins (in total ) in 2 years?

Sicknote of a player. We already have Mutch, so McPhail is surplus to requirements for that as well.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 pm

he may only pass the backwards or sideways but at 2-0 up i think thats the sort of player we need, a player who keeps hold of the ball if he had played last night we would not have lost

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

he may only pass the backwards or sideways but at 2-0 up i think thats the sort of player we need, a player who keeps hold of the ball if he had played last night we would not have lost

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

glyncoedblue wrote:he may only pass the backwards or sideways but at 2-0 up i think thats the sort of player we need, a player who keeps hold of the ball if he had played last night we would not have lost

Can he catch crosses and head the ball away from our 6 yard box? ;)

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 pm

he would have protected the back four

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
glyncoedblue wrote:he may only pass the backwards or sideways but at 2-0 up i think thats the sort of player we need, a player who keeps hold of the ball if he had played last night we would not have lost

Can he catch crosses and head the ball away from our 6 yard box? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 pm

:shock:

I honestly don't recall him making a difference when we've been up against it. He's played well when we've been on top but he's had some shockers when he's needed to graft in midfield.