Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

for those that think marshall should be dropped

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

and heaton should have stayed or marshall doesnt command his box.....well its about your defence,the best keeper around can made to look very poor if your defence dont ....DEFEND..just think of heaton and the team he plays for.......bottom of the league.....goalkeepers need and relie on good solid defending ...simples. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: for those that think marshall should be dropped

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 am

The one goal was his fault and maybe another. But, the other 3 goals. There's a fking Charlton player just there in the middle of the box. Cant blame Marshall for that

Against Bolton, when we winning and although not playing great the better team. We turned off, seems same again happened.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 am

Logie wrote:The one goal was his fault and maybe another. But, the other 3 goals. There's a fking Charlton player just there in the middle of the box. Cant blame Marshall for that

Against Bolton, when we winning and although not playing great the better team. We turned off, seems same again happened.

the problem with a keeper its hero or zero.....and faults are magnified :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am

Exactlly been one of best players this season. Our defence isnt good enough full stop

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 am

Consider Julio Cesar at QPR. Brilliant keeper but he's being left hopelessly exposed by the defence there. A keeper is only as good as the players in front of him :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 am

Anyone asking for Marshal to be dropped aint got a clue what they are talking about.

Never really rated Turner and that left foot hoof of his can f**k off, Super Kev back in please, Conolly looked very good in center with Hudson.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am

Kanester wrote:Anyone asking for Marshal to be dropped aint got a clue what they are talking about.

Never really rated Turner and that left foot hoof of his can f**k off, Super Kev back in please, Conolly looked very good in center with Hudson.

Would rather Hudson dropped sorry, Turner is a better defender and is quicker. And I always said we should never have dropped kev.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Kanester wrote:Anyone asking for Marshal to be dropped aint got a clue what they are talking about.

Would rather Hudson dropped sorry, Turner is a better defender and is quicker. And I always said we should never have dropped kev.

WTF? Husdon has been outstanding this season!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 am

Kanester wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

My opinion really I dont rate him as much as others do. I think he has improved alot and has been playing quite well this season no going to deny that but I think out of the centre halfs we have he's the weakest. If it came to it I would want Taylor dropped and play Kev or Connolley left back

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Kanester wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

My opinion really I dont rate him as much as others do. I think he has improved alot and has been playing quite well this season no going to deny that but I think out of the centre halfs we have he's the weakest. If it came to it I would want Taylor dropped and play Kev or Connolley left back

You have just said how well he has been playing, How can you drop him? He's been our best defender by a mile, Would you agree?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:46 am

It's all about opinions boys, but blaming the defence for Marshall's cock ups, when all he had to do is catch a football, is way off the mark!

I still wouldn't drop him at the moment, as I don't trust Lewis either!

Marshall was clearly at fault for the first & third goals last night, but the defence allowed our opponents 3 free headers, which is either down to daydreaming or poor organisation!

If its organisation, then that's either down to Malky or Hudson!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 am

Overthemoon wrote:It's all about opinions boys, but blaming the defence for Marshall's cock ups, when all he had to do is catch a football, is way off the mark!

Marshall was clearly at fault for the first & third goals last night, but the defence allowed our opponents 3 free headers, which is either down to daydreaming or poor organisation!

agreed about marshall making a couple of poor errors,,,doesnt help the cause,,but he has also had some outstanding performances and kept us in games,the defence need to take a good look at what they are doing to help the keeper,marshall is not only the best keeper we have ,he is also one of the best in league :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

krabb wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:It's all about opinions boys, but blaming the defence for Marshall's cock ups, when all he had to do is catch a football, is way off the mark!

agreed about marshall making a couple of poor errors,,,doesnt help the cause,,but he has also had some outstanding performances and kept us in games,the defence need to take a good look at what they are doing to help the keeper,marshall is not only the best keeper we have ,he is also one of the best in league :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I can't see how the defence can help Marshal with catching crosses mate!

The defence certainly left him exposed for the other 3 goals though!

It also works the other way as well though and whilst I agree that Marshall has been outstanding, I'd have to say that it's only been at shot stopping, as he'sseldom convincing at collecting crosses and he doesn't come offhis line often enough, to help the defence out either!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 am

Overthemoon wrote:
krabb wrote:

It also works the other way as well though and whilst I agree that Marshall has been outstanding, I'd have to say that it's only been at shot stopping, as he'sseldom convincing at collecting crosses and he doesn't come offhis line often enough, to help the defence out either!

i did say he may have made some poor errors,,,,and if i remember ,,city goalkeeping coaching tell keepers to stay on the line,it certainly used to be when margetson was there,not sure now,, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:07 pm

krabb wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
krabb wrote:

i did say he may have made some poor errors,,,,and if i remember ,,city goalkeeping coaching tell keepers to stay on the line,it certainly used to be when margetson was there,not sure now,, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't believe that any goalkeeping coaching manual will instruct any goalie to always stay on the line, although if Marshall had stayed on his line for their third goal, he could have caught the ball chest height! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

krabb wrote:and heaton should have stayed or marshall doesnt command his box.....well its about your defence,the best keeper around can made to look very poor if your defence dont ....DEFEND..just think of heaton and the team he plays for.......bottom of the league.....goalkeepers need and relie on good solid defending ...simples. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would also like to put out there that the Midfield dont seem to be protecting the back four, teams are coming through us far to easily thus adding to the pressure. I think its a bit powder puff there at the moment.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

subbuteoman wrote:
krabb wrote:and heaton should have stayed or marshall doesnt command his box.....well its about your defence,the best keeper around can made to look very poor if your defence dont ....DEFEND..just think of heaton and the team he plays for.......bottom of the league.....goalkeepers need and relie on good solid defending ...simples. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would also like to put out there that the Midfield dont seem to be protecting the back four, teams are coming through us far to easily thus adding to the pressure. I think its a bit powder puff there at the moment.

None of the goals conceded last night were as a result of our midfield being beaten or not protecting the back four!

2 were as a result of Marshall dropping 2 easy crosses and the other 3 goals were as a result of our opponents being allowed free headers in the middle of our 6 yard box!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Imo he is the best keeper in the league! On his day he will win us 3 points on his own

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:Imo he is the best keeper in the league! On his day he will win us 3 points on his own

:shock:

Really? How many goals has he scored?