Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are missing Peter Whittingham

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 am

At the moment we are missing Bellamy, Maynard, Smith, Mutch, but in my opinion the Player we are missing the most is the Championships best player Peter Whittingham. Now everything we do goes through Whitts and as an attacking central midfielder is irreplaceable, but Malky no longer see's Whitts as this kind of player who now deploys him sat in front of the back four where his talents are now nullified. It's like having Messi in your team but putting him in goal. So it's no coincidence that Whitts goals have dried up apart from maybe the odd free kick or penalty.
When Whitts don't function neither do we, and why has Whitts been sacrifice like this ? Well mainly so Malky can play his love child Don Cowie in that attacking midfield role and Cowie is extremely average in that position who has no eye for goal.
It is no coincidence that when Whitts is stopped so are we, and at the moment with so many players out we need Whitts to function and he is being wasted.

Have also to mention Gunnerson who has scored 3 times in four matches coming of the bench now even this fella should be ahead of Cowie, But Taylor needs a rest, Marshall had a mare last night but that was his first bad game so I ain't getting on his back.

Re: We are missing Peter Whittingham

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am

Nuclearblue wrote:At the moment we are missing Bellamy, Maynard, Smith, Mutch, but in my opinion the Player we are missing the most is the Championships best player Peter Whittingham. Now everything we do goes through Whitts and as an attacking central midfielder is irreplaceable, but Malky no longer see's Whitts as this kind of player who now deploys him sat in front of the back four where his talents are now nullified. It's like having Messi in your team but putting him in goal. So it's no coincidence that Whitts goals have dried up apart from maybe the odd free kick or penalty.
When Whitts don't function neither do we, and why has Whitts been sacrifice like this ? Well mainly so Malky can play his love child Don Cowie in that attacking midfield role and Cowie is extremely average in that position who has no eye for goal.
It is no coincidence that when Whitts is stopped so are we, and at the moment with so many players out we need Whitts to function and he is being wasted.

Have also to mention Gunnerson who has scored 3 times in four matches coming of the bench now even this fella should be ahead of Cowie, But Taylor needs a rest, Marshall had a mare last night but that was his first bad game so I ain't getting on his back.

Whitts been playing to deep for ages nukes, we even spoke about it during the burnley game if you remember all he done was sit deep MM must be telling him to sit there, i would get it if cowie or gunner did that job but not whitts and i agree gunner is above cowie for me but so are other midfielders yet he makes the starting line up every week weather it be wide right or center midfield. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 am

Fair comment Nukes,
He goes missing far to offen and last night was one of those nights.
He can be so much more dangerous and against an average team like Charlton we should of punished them more.
Agree Cowie ain't up to it, tries hard but last night again seemed to struggle to create the openings that a player of his calibre should. Gunnarsson first choice for me every time.

One more moan, who was the moaning git standing next to me all evening last night. :lol: :lol:

Great to see u again bud. And all the other forum members. KTF :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 am

Ian yes our Convo was a lot about Whitts and I feel frustrated as hell with the way MM plays him. Everyone one says but he is learning but he is making howlers recently and shows he is not learning. This ain't a Malky out thread but one that is expressing concern.

Jules " I don't believe it" :lol: great seeing you yesterday and fair play it was a hell of a trip with all the Steve's :lol: but last night was bad mate against a average side like Charlton but we made em look like world beaters. I said my concerns after the Ipswich game that nearly every team will beat us playing with tactics Malky is using. I got shot down , then stood back up and shot again but I was bang on the button and its frustrating as hell.

Lets only hope we don't have a bad run at home as we will be in the shite that's for sure.