Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

You Simply Cannot Sugar Coat Things

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am

Forget home form and forget being the top goalscorers in the division because at the 1/3 stage of the season we have a team that simply cannot defend, a team that lacks the stomach to fight when things get tough and sadly in the case of some players performances don't matter because they get in the team anyway.

Last night the team that couldn't score at home scored as many goals in one game as they had this season to date, isanyone really surprised that the team to suffer was MM Cardiff City who for the 4th time in 8 away games imploded away from home.

In his post match interview MM talks about "giving" away 5 goals as "unacceptable" but what does anyone truely expect him to do about. Football is a results game and quite frankly our away form this season has been unbelieveable bad but the responsibility lies in one area, with one person and that is the manager.

Despite having spent £12m this summer it appears we are incapable of imposing ourselves on a game away from home, many are asking that we sign a striker. Why? we are the top scorers in the league, others are asking that we sign fullbacks but for me our problems lie in what was once called "the engine room". Since the loss of Jordan Mutch to injury we have had a CM pairing that is so lightweight it's unbelievable and yet that same pairing is being selected game after game.

Without Mutch we need to find someone within the squad who will play in CM who will put their foot in, Gunnarsonn and Kiss are both players who will do that but right now one can only get on for a few minutes when we are chasing games and the other doesn't get a look in.

The "unacceptable" thing about our current form is that having spent £12m this summer our team lacks fight, determination and sadly desire.

And you just cannot sugar coat over that fact.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: You Simply Cannot Sugar Coat Things

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 am

Totally agree with this post - it's almost as if the fans have the "Fire & Passion" but some of the players forget to take it on the field.

If MM wants to keep his job he also needs to look at himself and ask what could he be doing better.

I dont have the answers , but then again I am not managing CCFC - he is and he needs to sort it!!

If we do not win against Hull at home I can see the fans venting their fury - and that is something I could fully understand!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 am

castleblue the thing is we could have spent 100million on the team even if we took leads in them games away MM would still have them to sit back after every goal we score and everybody knows what happens after every goal away we score soon after we camp back only to let the other team in. We was in total control for 25mins 2-0 then the old sit back trick, Then we hope for a draw at best, same shit diffrent away game :(

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 am

bluebird1977 wrote:castleblue the thing is we could have spent 100million on the team even if we took leads in them games away MM would still have them to sit back after every goal we score and everybody knows what happens after every goal away we score soon after we camp back only to let the other team in. We was in total control for 25mins 2-0 then the old sit back trick, Then we hope for a draw at best, same shit diffrent away game :(

I agree as after 25 minutes last night we were 2-0 up with 69% possession and it was like someone switched the lights off.

Who pressed the switch. :? I don't need to phone a friend I'll tell you that.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 am

castleblue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:castleblue the thing is we could have spent 100million on the team even if we took leads in them games away MM would still have them to sit back after every goal we score and everybody knows what happens after every goal away we score soon after we camp back only to let the other team in. We was in total control for 25mins 2-0 then the old sit back trick, Then we hope for a draw at best, same shit diffrent away game :(

I agree as after 25 minutes last night we were 2-0 up with 69% possession and it was like someone switched the lights off.

Who pressed the switch. :? I don't need to phone a friend I'll tell you that.

Well it happens in every away game after taking leads its not something new its been going on since XMAS, so they must be told to defend it out after leads, f**k me we go from one extreme of attacking football and could of scored 4-5 more by halftime to sitting back after the second goal and lettting it slip how can anyone defend that for FIVE goals, it took FIVE goals for him to try change it about and make a sub for god sake, we then went on the push again trying to clutch at something that was already gone, like other games this seaosn away from home :(
Ive even seen it at home score and sit back at times for other team to slide back in to it, watford was the best one we got the 2nd goal and sat back vs 9 men yes 9 f*cking men and they still nearly got a draw but we was lucky :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 am

Do u honestly think malky tells the players to sit back?? Whenever ive seen him he is screaming at them to move out

Come on, the players take the blame for yesterday.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Do u honestly think malky tells the players to sit back?? Whenever ive seen him he is screaming at them to move out

I've seen it with my own eyes craig him waving them back away from home and at home after scoring. He does the same for EVERY set piece vs us also, home and away.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Do u honestly think malky tells the players to sit back?? Whenever ive seen him he is screaming at them to move out

I've seen it with my own eyes craig him waving them back away from home and at home after scoring. He does the same for EVERY set piece vs us also, home and away.

he's telling them to get back and face up ready for kick off! Every manager does it

Not sit back and let them come at us :lol: :lol:

I knew you were a bit of a retard when it comes to football but jesus christ
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:27 am

Whilst I agree with the post you havent half changed your tune.

You had a right pop at Nukes last weekend over him saying pretty much what youve just said,
albeit you were more articulate :D

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

he's telling them to get back and face up ready for kick off! Every manager does it

Dont be a prize clown craig everybody knows what goes on after a goal, you know fine well we camp on our own box after taking leads away, you been there and watched it many times :roll:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Dont be a prize clown craig everybody knows what goes on after a goal, you know fine well we camp on our own box after taking leads away, you been there and watched it many times :roll:

I agree with you, im just saying i dont believe MM is telling them to do it.

I think for some reason they go right into their shell away from home and shit themselves......

Getting rid of MM will make us even more of a laughing stock than the rebrand has, we are still 3rd with the best home record in the country!
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 am

castleblue wrote:Forget home form and forget being the top goalscorers in the division because at the 1/3 stage of the season we have a team that simply cannot defend, a team that lacks the stomach to fight when things get tough and sadly in the case of some players performances don't matter because they get in the team anyway.

Last night the team that couldn't score at home scored as many goals in one game as they had this season to date, isanyone really surprised that the team to suffer was MM Cardiff City who for the 4th time in 8 away games imploded away from home.

In his post match interview MM talks about "giving" away 5 goals as "unacceptable" but what does anyone truely expect him to do about. Football is a results game and quite frankly our away form this season has been unbelieveable bad but the responsibility lies in one area, with one person and that is the manager.

Despite having spent £12m this summer it appears we are incapable of imposing ourselves on a game away from home, many are asking that we sign a striker. Why? we are the top scorers in the league, others are asking that we sign fullbacks but for me our problems lie in what was once called "the engine room". Since the loss of Jordan Mutch to injury we have had a CM pairing that is so lightweight it's unbelievable and yet that same pairing is being selected game after game.

Without Mutch we need to find someone within the squad who will play in CM who will put their foot in, Gunnarsonn and Kiss are both players who will do that but right now one can only get on for a few minutes when we are chasing games and the other doesn't get a look in.

The "unacceptable" thing about our current form is that having spent £12m this summer our team lacks fight, determination and sadly desire.

And you just cannot sugar coat over that fact.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree ,the responsibility for team selection , formations , motivation and tactics lie with the Manager.
Charlton scored 2 late first half goals and were clearly buzzing and biting at the bit to get out at us . If I was the club owner I would be calling in Malky this morning and asking what he said to players at half time because we conceeded another 3 immediately after half time . We all make mistakes but we also need to learn from them and ensure we take actions to prevent them from re occurring .

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 am

Totally agree with castleblue, how the hell we havent brought in new defenders as well as 2 good midfielders (the engine room), I will never know. The last 3 years our defence has cost us badly, Dave Jones never saw it and it seems now that Malky doesnt either. :(

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 am

Last season our defending at times was terrible but Malky has not done anything about it apart from Connolly. We also need a hard b*stard as captain . Malky has big big problems to sort out and fast. VINCENT TAN DOES NOT DO FAILURE

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Whilst I agree with the post you havent half changed your tune.

You had a right pop at Nukes last weekend over him saying pretty much what youve just said,
albeit you were more articulate :D

Sorry but on Saturday Nukes said we got what we deserved out of the game which was nothing when in truth we were a deflection off a goalkeepers head from getting an away point against a team full of PL players. In my opinion that was completely off the wall and not a true reflection of our performance.

But last night we went to the club with the worst home record in the Championship, no home wins and only 5 goals scored and after cruising into a 2 goal lead we again implode, as we did a Bristol, Palace, Forest and now Charlton.

If we truely believe that this season we are going to get promoted then are we to accept we need to score 5 goals away from home to get a point :shock:

The manner of our defeats in those 4 away games must be a huge cause of concern, but on Saturday in my opinion we deserved something out of that game and that's the point I took issue with Nukes about.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am

I think we need a new captain to be honest. Hudson isnt vocal enough and when we are under the cosh we needed someone with a calm head and sort the players out. But he's the worse for panicking

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 am

Castleblue I stand by what I said over the Bolton game. They was a very poor Bolton team and we got exactly what we deserved and that was nothing. I ain't sugarcoating that either.
And Polo we ain't all articulated writers like Castleblue or Carl but I get my moaning across just as well thank you :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Castleblue I stand by what I said over the Bolton game. They was a very poor Bolton team and we got exactly what we deserved and that was nothing. I ain't sugarcoating that either.
And Polo we ain't all articulated writers like Castleblue or Carl but I get my moaning across just as well thank you :lol:

Fair enough Nukes it's all about opinions.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 pm

The cracks are appearing already. Mid-table finish.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 pm

How the hell do you work out Bolton are full of prem players? :lol:

They got relegated for not being a good prem team and now lie just outside the relegation zone of the champ. Wake up.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 pm

No Smoking wrote:How the hell do you work out Bolton are full of prem players? :lol:

They got relegated for not being a good prem team and now lie just outside the relegation zone of the champ. Wake up.

Kevin Davies 300 PL appearances, Zak Knight 250 PL appearances, Martin Petrov 120 PL appearances, Mark Davies 110 PL appearances, David Ngog 110 PL appearances, Chris Eagles 90 PL appearances.

I could go on but surely you can see the PL experience there.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Toffee apples............???????????????? :lol:

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Chelsea buns.............????????????

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Totally agree with comments about our lightweight midfield. I cannot undersatand why Gunnarsson and or Kiss have not been used as a direct replacement. Beggars belief to me.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Lost Profits wrote:Totally agree with comments about our lightweight midfield. I cannot undersatand why Gunnarsson and or Kiss have not been used as a direct replacement. Beggars belief to me.

They are not his son.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:48 pm

castleblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Castleblue I stand by what I said over the Bolton game. They was a very poor Bolton team and we got exactly what we deserved and that was nothing. I ain't sugarcoating that either.

Fair enough Nukes it's all about opinions.

In fairness to Nukes and castelblue, I think they're both right on this isssue.

I've been thinking the same things as Nukes over the last few weeks (since the Ipswich game for me - even though we won it, I could see then all the problems that I thought would cripple us).

I also agree entirely with castleblue's posts in this thread about the current problems.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 pm

castleblue wrote:
No Smoking wrote:How the hell do you work out Bolton are full of prem players? :lol:

Kevin Davies 300 PL appearances, Zak Knight 250 PL appearances, Martin Petrov 120 PL appearances, Mark Davies 110 PL appearances, David Ngog 110 PL appearances, Chris Eagles 90 PL appearances.

I could go on but surely you can see the PL experience there.

Experience in playing in the premier league in the past doesn't make you a premier league player. The crop of players you mentioned got relegated for a reason, they weren't good enough. Otherwise robbie fowler would still be banging them in.

They are championship players and currently struggling even at this level.