Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Blames Individuals... Again.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 am

How many times after we've lost this season has Malky blamed 'individual mistakes'? He did it after Palace and Forest, and now he's done it again. Now, I'm not saying that the fault on the pitch doesn't lie with individual players - for example Marshall last night, but seriously - is it not his job as manager to cut out these mistakes, by making sure that everyone is able to do their job properly?

After the loss at Palace, I thought - "fair enough, we needed a wake up call and now we've had one". It wont happen again. The loss at Forest was rdiculous, and again when Malky said it was individual mistakes I thought "ok... but they've cost us another game, are they getting sorted?" The answer is obvious, no, they aren't. How many more 'individual mistakes' need to happen, how many points dropped and goals conceded, before we start to eliminate them? Does it need to cost us promotion before the players and Malky sort themselves out?

The most annoying thing for me is that at half time it was still only 2-2. In theory that should have broken Charltion's momentum and given us a chance to regroup and sort ourselves out, but instead we went out and played quite possibly the worst 40 minutes of football we've played in a while. Only in the last 5 minutes did it ever actually seem like anyone was trying. I don't know what Malky said in that dressing room but for what happened it would might as well have been "go out there and get hammered lads... I mean absolutely thrashed. Embarass yourselves." And they did.

But who am I to moan? We're still top of the lea-... oh, right.

Re: Malky Blames Individuals... Again.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 am

In reality all goals conceded are individual mistakes

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 am

Well yeah if you want to split hairs but there's a difference between a good piece of attacking play and defenders just f*cking up completely.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 am

The buck stops with Malky but unfortunately he's not good enough.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 am

Good enogh for 3rd place at moment

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:51 am

lethal's shooting boot wrote:The buck stops with Malky but unfortunately he's not good enough.

Blame errors all he wants its been the same thing away since xmas with the old take leads then sit back and let the other teams in we do it every time away fromh ome only now more fans are waking up to it as its getting rather cringeworthy with the lead taking only for the same thing to happen in the next away game which consists of more 1-0 up or 2-0 up and sit back again straight after for the other team to cruise back in to it while we try cling on to something. Last night it took FIVE yes FIVE goals vs us for MM to make a sub while watching on the sidelines at us on are 18yard line :oops: